This post is part of a weekly series, Fetching Friday, featuring the best posts of the week in blogging, business, SEO, and social media on kikolani.com.
The Resources Mashup
This Week on Kikolani
- Are Spammers on Your Mailing List Costing You Money – Don’t pay more than you should for your mailing list by removing the spam!
Blogging / Content
- Is Turning an Ebook into a Print Book Worth It? – Realizing that I had absolutely no idea what I was doing, this turned into a great learning experience and I thank Corbett for letting me share that experience with you.
- 21 Critical Tasks to Perform as Soon as You Start a Blog (+1 Extra) – In this post Iâ€™m going to try and help you with a few things that you should do as soon as you start a blog. They might make all the difference.
- 11 Things I Wish I Knew Before I Started My First Blog – I just wish someone told me all of this before I started my first blog. Here are 11 things you should know before starting your first blog.
- 15 Insider Tips for Creating a Content Creation Machine – Check out these tips for making content creation faster, easier, and more effective.
- 11 Author Website Must Have Elements – An author website has a lofty goal: it needs to not just be, but also needs to perform and respond. Does your author website have these must have elements?
Business / Career
- Your Ultimate Presentation Guide: 21 Ways to Deliver Interesting and Engaging Presentations – Here are 21 different ways you can make your presentation become more interesting so your audience goes from dozing off in lethargy to jumping off with excitement after your presentation.
- 48 Tweetable Stats To Make You An Online Marketing SmartyPants – line marketing stats. Each one with a bite-sized Tweetable link. Share them easily on Twitter and look like an online marketing smartypants.
- 21 Resources to Help You Rock SlideShare for Marketing – Need some help getting started with SlideShare? These articles will help you start your content marketing efforts right Also don’t miss this SlideShare case study on getting 243,000 views in 30 days.
- 6 Tips to Avoid Your Subscriberâ€™s Spam Folder – Here are some things you can do to lower your spam score and get more messages in your subscriberâ€™s inbox.
- The Online Business Survival Kit for the New Entrepreneur – This is the ultimate online business kit for the new entrepreneur starting out in the world of online business.
Search Engines / SEO
- How Much will Google Reader’s Demise Cost your Business? – The impending demise of Google Reader is more than a mere inconvenience to those of us who use it to follow an overwhelming collection of industry blogs, Google Alerts, and xkcd and Oatmeal comics. If you offer RSS as a way to subscribe to your content, whether itâ€™s a blog or some kind of feed, then you stand to lose a chunk of your traffic on July 1.
- 33 Link Building Questions Answered – This post is an opportunity to expound on some areas of the Mozinar, but more often than not, just general best practices and my philosophical approach to link building.
- 10 Experts on Getting Negative Links Off Page One – Top tips experts offer to remove negative links from page one of search results.
- Matt Cutts Answers A Good Question About Paid Link Penalties – The latest Webmaster Help video is once again about the topic of paid links, but this time itâ€™s about the effects of a paid link penalty on an innocent site that happened to be linked to by a site that was caught selling links.
- How to Write Copy Like Google – Have you ever wondered who writes copy for Google â€¦ who puts together the words on the landing pages or in the video scripts for products like Gmail, Google+, Analytics, or Nexus?
Social Media / Social Networking
- 5 Reasons You Should STILL Create Facebook Tabs for Your Page – Sure, very few people will see those tabs naturally. But you should absolutely drive people to them with links in the News Feed or through advertising. Here are the five reasons you should still make Facebook tabs part of your marketing strategy.
- 7 Ways to Attract Targeted Twitter Followers for Your Business – Try the following seven ways to grow a Twitter following that will be interested in reading what you have to tweet.
- 10 Innovative Uses of Pinterest – Among Pinterest’s 48 million users, here are 10 that have found innovative ways to use the social platform.
- 100 Things to Tweet about on Twitter Besides Yourself – What to tweet on twitter that doesn’t include bragging about yourself. Here are 100 tips to inspire, entertain and delight your audience.
- How to Grow Your Email List With Facebook Promotions – Grow your email list: learn how to use email marketing and Facebook promotions to build your email list.
Share Your Best Blog Posts
Every week on Friday, I start a thread on the Social Media Examiner Blogging Club so members can share their favorite blog post of the week. It’s free to join, so sign up, find today’s best blog post thread, and share your proudest blogging achievement of the week!