This post is part of a weekly series, Fetching Friday, featuring the best posts of the week in blogging, business, freelancing, SEO, and social media on kikolani.com.
The Resources Mashup
Blogging / Content
- 18 Brilliant Bloggers Talk About Storytelling – Storytelling is an art, and one that the best bloggers, podcasters, and web TV producers must learn to master online. Even business owners promoting their products on social media can benefit from learning about.
- 48 Elements of Persuasive Written Content – There are many available for your your content toolbox, but here are 48 essential elements from A to Z (well, almost) to get you started.
- How to Use Pinterest to Drive More Traffic to Your Blog – Pinterest drives traffic to your website. Learn how to choose the best post to pin, which image to share, add a Pin It button and pin your blog post.
- Finding Your Content Marketing Hedgehog – So often, marketers focus on content marketing in every conceivable channel. Maybe we should focus on what we do best – like the hedgehog.
- The Naked Marketing Guide to Getting Dramatically More Traffic and Subscribers – We donâ€™t have time to waste, so letâ€™s get started. The first thing you need to do to start using naked marketing is to figure out who turns you on. Yep. This is going to be fun!
Business / Career
- How to Make Your Small Business Stand Out with These 8 Marketing Twists – There are dozens of ways that you can use to get the attention your product deserves without breaking the bankâ€¦ here are my favorite eight.
- Feast Your Eyes on These 9 Examples of Beautiful Email Marketing – Get some design inspiration from these brands that send out simply beautiful email marketing.
- How to Boost Your Income Without Much Work: 5 Examples of The Remora Method in Practice – The true beauty of The Remora Method is that it creates winâ€“win situations for everyone involved. When done right, the customer gets more value, the business partner gets more value, and you get paying customers with very little work. To show you exactly what I mean, let me share 5 real life examples of The Remora Method in practice.
- 20 Mistakes to Avoid in Running Your Online Business – On to those mistakes I want you to avoid, because nothing is more invaluable to a self-employed superstar than the smart and efficient use of his or her time.
- How Much It Costs To Start An Online Store And Should I Dropship Or Carry Inventory – An assessment of the 2 most popular online store business models along with the startup costs involved.
- Improve Your Listening Skills, Become a Better Freelancer – In this post, Iâ€™ll provide some easy tips to help you improve your listening skills. At the end of the post, youâ€™ll get a chance to provide even more communication tips.
- Should Freelancers Set Up Coworking Spaces – Often, thereâ€™s a freelancer who wants to work anywhere but in her own home, so she gets a couple of other people together and rents a space. Iâ€™ve seen both incredibly successful versions of this model and some dismal failures.
- Live It Up! How to Make the Freelance Lifestyle Work for You – There are three ways to make a good living as a freelance writer. You can work hard and earn a lot of money â€” or you can scale down your lifestyle and live on less. Or, you could do a little of each.
- How to Get More Freelancing Visibility – Thereâ€™s a simple answer to the question of why you donâ€™t have more clients. Your potential clients donâ€™t know that you exist.
- How One Writer Went from Blogging to Book Deals â€” and How You Can, Too – Hereâ€™s the dirt on how my book deals happenedâ€¦and what I learned that could help you snag one for your ownself.
Personal Development / Productivity
- 22 Success Stories Reveal The Moment When They Knew They Were Capable Of More – Each of the 22 are, in my humble opinion, huge success stories. Some are extremely wealthy and have achieved a high social status in their respective fields, but all are shining examples of how to live a happy and fulfilling life. I consider each and every one of them to be huge successes â€“ regardless of their material wealth.
- 20 Things I Should Have Known at 20 – Or things that if you don’t know now, you should.
- 46 Travel Tools to Optimize Your Next Vacation – While there are literally thousands of online tools and apps to help you plan the perfect retreat, hereâ€™s my top 46 list I hope will make your travel season one thatâ€™s effortless, fun and filled with great memories.
- 21 Creativity Quotes For Inspiration – Spark your creativity with these great quotes.
- 9 Ways to Become an Optimist – Research has shown that, in the long run, optimistic people handle stress better, get sick less often, live longer, and are happier and more successful than their pessimistic counterparts. The good news is that we can all develop skills to improve optimism. Here are nine ideas to get you started.
Search Engines / SEO
- 10 Myths That Scare SEOs But Shouldn’t – From keyword density to reciprocal linking, lets set the record straight about some of the myths out there. After watching what are some myths that don’t scare you and why?
- How to Construct and Use Personas for Link Building and Social Media – The great thing about using personas to be used in web marketing is that they can serve as a link magnet and linkable asset that will help generate more natural links and social mentions as well as strengthen a brandâ€™s online presence through continuously building its authority in the industry.
- How to Turn Your Blog Into a Link Generation Machine – Once you’ve created content your audience wants to consume, how can you leverage it for link generation? This post shows you how.
- 5 SEO Mistakes That Make You Look Like A Fool – The following 5 points will help give you some pointers on SEO areas you can fix on your site.
- The Ethics of Link Building Through Content – Just how far would you go to get a link? Iâ€™m talking about creating controversial content that compromises your own principles and beliefs in order to get a link for your client.
Social Media / Social Networking
- How to Use Google+ Hangouts for Business – Find out why you should be using hangouts, hangout ideas, and exactly how to use Google+’s unique video chat capability.
- How I Leveraged LinkedIn to Create a 7-Figure Business In Three Years – Think about it, LinkedIn is an online community of business professionals who each possess an enormous amount of expertise, experience and relationships. Once I â€œgot itâ€ I knew that understanding and leveraging a tool like this could be powerful for my future.
- 8 Ways to Track YouTube Video Performance – How to use YouTube Insights to learn how to increase the reach of your videos and get more out of your video marketing.
- The 10 Most Misleading Social Media Metrics in the World – The amount of misleading social media metrics is truly staggering. Here are 10 examples of the worst offenders.
- 5 Valuable Insights Even Klout Haters Can Gain From Klout – Five pieces of information that can be learned from the information provided by Klout beyond your numerical score.
Shot in 2009 around multiple locations.