This post is part of a weekly series, Fetching Friday, featuring the best posts of the week in blogging, making money online, SEO, and social media on kikolani.com.
The Resources Mashup
Blogging / Writing
- Top 21 traffic generation techniques to help you get more traffic to your blog – if you’re in need of more traffic, start using some of these strategies.
- How to cut the waffle from your writing and grab reader’s attention – three steps to getting to the point!
- 8 ways to increase the joy of writing – follow these tips to get more joy out of what you do (and life in general).
- 6 reasons the right photo will help you build the perfect blog post – plus some great examples of what pictures can help convey.
- From solo blogger to business – the timeline of Darren Rowse’s success and the team he has working for him today.
Graphic Design / Web Design
- 9 tips on how to improve yourself as a web designer – how to keep on top of your game and motivated.
- 38 life hacks for designers – great resources to help designers get the most out of work and life.
- 5 little-known web files that can enhance your website – after the design is in place, here are some additional files you will want to add for enhanced usability, geolocation, and more.
- 35 examples of typographic business card designs – if you are looking for some inspiration for business cards, definitely take a look at these examples.
- 11 websites driven by powerful, dramatic photography – great examples of sites using a photo as the main focus of their design.
Making Money Online / Marketing / Online Business
- Social selling and what it means to your business – a look at what sales 2.0 means for your online (or offline) business.
- How to double your subscriber growth with 10 minutes of work – how to do split testing and two tools to do it with.
- 75 tips for using video in business – great insights from people who use video to connect with their customers and audience.
- The Charles Darwin guide to writing and selling an effective eBook – a look at the evolution of eBooks and how to make sure yours will not go extinct.
- 6 daily marketing ideas your target audience will love – a nice jumping point for marketing methods that you can try for your small or local business.
- 25 email marketing tips and tactics – get the most out of your email marketing using these suggestions for practices, design, content, and more.
Personal Development / Productivity
- Taking the right road over the easy one – an inspirational post that ends with eight questions to ask yourself to find the right course in life for you.
- The slam poet’s productivity technique that will change your life – learning when it’s time to wait in the wings or step up and take charge.
- When do you take the plunge and follow your passion – insightful post that will inspire you to think about if you are getting what you want or if you need to take more risks!
- 21 simple ways to live an exceptional life – how to determine what you want out of life and great ways to get there.
- Brute force or better planning – which category do you fall into when it comes to productivity?
Search Engines / SEO
- Laser focusing your competitive analysis with Google Analytics and Webmaster Tools – how to assess what it will take to pick off your competition and climb to the top.
- 11 Analytics metrics that are actionable – learn what they are and how you can improve them.
- How to analyze the top 10 Google competition for your keyword – important things to make note of to see why your competition ranks well.
- 5 simple steps to selecting your keywords – a primer on how to find the right keywords and target them successfully.
- Video for SEO – how video can seriously help boost your presence in search and traffic.
Social Media / Social Networking
- 25 women who rock social media – a great list of women who will help you learn more about social media stategy (myself included)!
- How we got 126,244 Facebook fans – tips on getting your fan page likes to skyrocket!
- How to track social conversions in Google Analytics – want to see what is converting to likes, +1′s and tweets? Find out how in this post.
- How to find the top LinkedIn networkers – this simple search trick will help you (as a free member) find the top 100 networks in your area or industry.
- Dear YouTube – you broke my heart – an open letter to YouTube about how quickly and unexpectantly you could lose your videos without explanation that should serve as a word of warning to others.
Photo of the Week
This weekâ€™s top photo came from under a bridge in Tempe, AZ. It’s not often you find positive writing on a wall, but when you do, you can’t not capture it!
Advertisers are apparently learning my language. Who can resist this!