This post is part of a weekly series, Fetching Friday, featuring the resources mashup, all I want for Christmas, and holiday greetings from kikolani.com.
The Resources Mashup
Blogging / Writing
- 8 ways to get your blog ready for 2011 – planning to increase traffic to your blog? This post will show you 8 specific things you need to do before your blog hits the big time.
- Top 10 blogs for writers – out of 500 responses and 20 finalists, here are the top 10 blogs for writers.
- SEO tips for bloggers – answers some great questions including common mistakes, first steps, and latest trends.
- 10 things I learned about multi-author blogging in 2010 – how it’s like hearding cats and more.
- A 12 step guide to sabotaging your own blog contests – a good read before you do your first contest.
- Linking the right fan pages to your new Facebook profile – link up your employer’s fan page instead of their place page.
- Top 75 apps for enhancing your Facebook page – looking for the all in one guide for what you need on your Facebook guide? This is it!
- 7 changes you must know in the new Facebook profile – controlling your privacy, losing control of your tabs, and more.
- Facebook admins can unmerge Facebook pages from places – great news for those who have had problems.
- A Facebook style resume – a different way to use your new profile design.
- What identities are we using to sign into websites – infographic about what existing identities we use the most when logging in on other sites.
- 10 amazing bee facts – everything you did (or didn’t) want to know about bees in a honeycome infographic.
- More creative and useful infographic maps – over 30 different infographcs based off of maps.
- The economics of holiday gift giving – the surprising personal economics behind holiday shopping and gift valuation.
- Best and worst commutes in America – nice to know Phoenix is one of the worst – not!
- Non-geeky link building tips for small business owners – some realistic methods and tips that you can use to improve your link building skills, and gain some quality backlinks for your site.
- Taking a closer look at link changes – link spikes, changes in link types, changes in link targets, and anchor text variety.
- 21 advanced link building strategies – great strategies including link bait, the link wheel, dead link finders, and more.
- Guest blogging for high performance links – the experience, time, cost, and effectiveness of guest blogging for link building.
- Build links in 30 minutes a day – tips for something to do every day for four days.
Making Money Online / Online Marketing
- How to increase product profitability after the launch – how to extend the life of products after launch.
- 52 ways to be a conversion badass – a roundup of the best conversion rate optimization posts of 2010.
- 5 steps to making 2010 incredibly awesome – it’s all about connection, taking action, having the end goal in mind, and more tips to succeeding in the new year.
- Why I’m successful – interview with Internet entrepreneur Pat Flynn.
- What goes into writing a business plan – if you want to earn some real money online, consider creating a business plan for your online endeavors.
- How long will it take to earn a six figure income online – the truth on what it takes and some factors that influences how long it will take.
Personal Development / Productivity
- The importance of practice – no matter what it is that you love, you must practice it or risk losing it.
- How not to be used – five steps toward respecting yourself so others respect you.
- 10 simple ways to be more likeable – what honest things you should say and do to make others like you more.
- Why forgiveness and love trump holding a grudge – especially this season, it’s time to let go of petty grudges and forgiveness.
- How sleep can help you become better – if you’re not getting your zzzz’s, maybe this will remind you why you should.
- Iceland on my mind – some beautiful HDR shots taken in Iceland.
- 20 interesting high speed photographs – great shots, although I really worry about the goldfish.
- A chilly solstice – photos of the lunar eclipse and the holidays around the world.
- 5 tips for photography from a plane window – interesting tips for some shots above the clouds.
- 88 extreme examples of bokeh photography – bokeh in terms of photography referring the area in the photo which are out of focus light to increase beautiful and dramatic image. Here are some great examples of this style.
Search Engines / SEO / Analytics
- 7 useful Google cheatsheets – free info on shortcuts, advanced operators, features & hacks for analytics, and more.
- The decade in search – a look at Google and other search engines over the past ten years.
- Create your own SEO metrics dashboard – SEO metrics tracked and used for years. Follow along to learn how you can build your own SEO metrics dashboard.
- 7 predictions for SEO in 2011 – a look at eight predictions for 2010 and whether they came true, then new predictions for the next year.
- Google on the new Google algorithm – response from Matt Cutts on the latest search trends and how Google is using social sites for rankings.
Social Media / Social Networking
- 7 growing niche social bookmarking sites worth exploring – want to find a more focused audience on your topic? Try these networks for business, blogging, design, finance, and more.
- 25 ways to get more social media followers – easy ways to attract more followers.
- How to spice up your social media strategy in 2011 – getting real, getting involved, going offline, and more ways to make your social media pop in the new year.
- 5 critical social media skills you need to disperse – five skills that should be present within as many people in your company as possible.
- 8 reasons not to fear social media – it’s not rocket science indeed!
- How Twitter is changing – a new study revealing Twitters new direction.
- How to use Twitter and blogging to accomplish your goals – ways to use web 2.0 in any area of your life with examples in travel, photography, music, personal finance, and more.
- The beginner’s guide to Twitter – a full walkthrough of using the new Twitter.
- How to search Google to research Twitter’s userbase – looking for relevant users? Try these search queries.
- 5 ways to use Twitter to become a happier person – using your tweets to help reach your goals, wind down, make friends, and more.
All I Want for Christmas Is…
Sure, there are some geeky tech things I’d like, but the one I’d want to ask my readers for this holidays is something simple. Just a comment on a post that I hope you will enjoy.
This week, I entered the Blog Engage guest blogging contest with a post on 8 ways to prepare your blog for major exposure in 2011. That way, if you get to the homepage of Digg, listed on Lifehacker, or some other event occurs that drives a huge flow of traffic your way, your blog will be ready to put its best foot forward for every new visitor.
Be sure to check it out, and if you enjoy it, leave a comment and, if you’re a member, vote for it on Blog Engage. If you’re not a member, you might want to consider it as it is one of the top social bookmarking networks dedicated to bloggers. Any and all help is greatly appreciated!
One of my goals for 2011 is to jump into video, and so I thought I’d start a little early. The following is a little holiday greeting for you, my readers, plus some Christmas-y scenes from around Phoenix, AZ. I hope you enjoy it – Happy Holidays!