This post is part of a weekly series, Fetching Friday, featuring the best posts of the week in blogging, business, freelancing, SEO, and social media on kikolani.com.
The Resources Mashup
Blogging / Writing
- Forget SEO: Hereâ€™s How to Write a Post That Goes Viral – You donâ€™t have to write in order to get the attention of Google algorithmsâ€¦ you have to write in order to get the attention of people who will share it.
- 5 Reasons Why You Should Be Blogging Even If You Donâ€™t Make Money Right Away – Five practical benefits that you can start to experience from your very first day of blogging.
- The 10-Step Content Marketing Checklist – Check these off, and â€” based on my experience in my own businesses and those of my students â€” youâ€™ll have the right framework to create a successful program.
- 10 of the Smartest Things Said About Building a Thriving Audience Online – From providing value, to distinguishing yourself in a crowded niche, to the kinds of company you keep, Iâ€™ve looked for a breadth of tidbits from some very smart audience builders to help you stay on the right track.
- Do You Need a Niche to Be a Successful Blogger? A niche or a brand: What do you need more to be a successful blogger? Read my experience on building a successful blog in multiple niches.
Business / Career
- How to Use Social Media to Aid in Your Search for Employees – The following are some ways to incorporate social media into your search for qualified employees.
- 10 Popular Memes Masquerading as Marketing Campaigns – We’ll save the do’s and don’ts of using memes in your own marketing for another post, but to wet your appetite, let’s first take a gander at these creative examples of meme-jacking for marketing. We bet you’ll easily recognize a meme or two.
- 10 Tips: How to Use Pinterest to Get a Job – Use the fast-growing, visuals-based social network to post a resume, research careers and connect with potential employers.
- Starting Over: It is Not Too Late for A New Career – Read why you should start a new career today and why to leave the wrong career behind.
- Why Landing Page Videos Lead To Phenomenal Results – A landing page video simplifies everything your business does and all of your messaging into a digestible piece of content. Learn more about it here.
- 20 Excellent Tips for Getting Your First Freelancing Gig – This post gives you twenty tips for finding that elusive first freelancing project.
- 15 Minutes to Sanity In This Crazy Freelance World – All you need is 15 minutes every day. Thatâ€™s it. When you think about it, itâ€™s not an optional investment when you invest your life in your freelancing career. Itâ€™s just a part of business.
- 12 Negotiation Tips Freelance Writers Can Use to Earn More – most writing clients you encounter are at least a bit flexible on pay. How can you improve your freelance pay? Negotiate. How? Here are my 12 negotiation tips.
- Freelance Writing â€“ What Does Full-Time Actually Mean? The biggest difference is youâ€™re totally in charge of your own time. You get to decide what time to start writing, how much to write, and when to quit for the day.
- 20 Money (and Sanity) Saving Tips for Freelancers – Hereâ€™s are some frugal tips to help you save moneyâ€”and your sanityâ€”while you are building your freelance business.
Personal Development / Productivity
- 6 Things You Think You Need to Get Healthyâ€¦But Really Donâ€™t
- – 10 Reasons Why You Need to Discover Your Passion – It is passion that supports the evolving and multi-faceted nature of the work that I do everyday (and sometimes during weekends or even waking up at 5am to crank up some creative juices). And so here are 10 reasons why you need to uncover your passion.
- How To Live Your Purpose Even When It Seems Crazy – Do you ever feel like your dreams are crazy? Are you afraid of others judging you, or not supporting what you want to do and who you want to be in the world? Many of us struggle with finding and living our purpose. I did for years and it was one of the most frustrating and painful times of my life…
- 21 Quick Tricks to Feel Better Instantly – When life gets stressful and you feel like youâ€™re losing your emotional balance, use one or more of these simple tricks to help you relax your mind and re-center yourself in an instant.
- 10 Things to Do When You Canâ€™t Calm Down – When I was in my late twenties my life was completely â€œout of control.â€ I didn’t think I could get any lower than I was. There was no sun in my personal sky. There was no light at the end of my tunnel. I was stuck in personal pain. I was unhappy and miserable. I did several things to change my life.
Search Engines / SEO
- 3 Ways to Build Links Through Social Media – Here are the main three ways that you can gain additional backlinks to your website and boost your rankings using social media.
- 6 Link Building Tools to Boost Your Traffic – We looked at six of the most popular link-building tools to figure out the pros and cons of each. Here’s what you need to know.
- How to Perform the World’s Greatest SEO Audit – This is designed to be a comprehensive guide for performing a technical SEO audit. Whether you’re auditing your own site, investigating an issue for a client, or just looking for good bathroom reading material, I can assure you that this guide has a little something for everyone.
- Want to Stay Ahead of Googleâ€™s Next Update? Change the Way You Think – Stop worrying about how your website might fair following the next update and instead embrace this way of thinking.
- 6 SEO Tools to Analyze Your Site Like Google Does – Get exposure to 6 tools that can help you see your website the way Google’s algorithm does so you can improve your SEO.
Social Media / Social Networking
- The 10 Commandments of Using Pinterest for Business – To use Pinterest for Business, you need to first understand what it is, how it works and how to make it work for you.
- 8 Surefire Ways To Increase Engagement – Iâ€™ll share with you some methods that have helped me increase my Facebook page engagement and some that Iâ€™ve seen worked for others.
- 26 Tips for Integrating Social Media Activities – How to create an integrated social media campaign and integrate the different components of social media to achieve optimal benefits.
- 52 Cool Facts About Social Media â€“ 2012 Edition – Want to know the latest cool facts about your favourite social media platforms? Here’s 52 cool facts about social media in 2012.
- The Top Secret Method for Marketing Effectively on Reddit – As a new and quickly evolving medium, Reddit has been a tough nut for most marketers to crack. This post examines how to craft content marketing for this highly influential community.
This video is a little different from what I normally share, but it really says summer to me. And makes me want to try out a slip n slide.