This post is part of a weekly series, Fetching Friday, featuring the resources mashup, a reader poll, and upcoming posts on the Kikolani Network.
Before I get to the good stuff (the resources of course), I wanted to ask Fetching Friday fans the following question.
I have been just putting any random number of posts in each category, based on how many I come across that I want to share with everyone (which sometimes can include 20+ articles in one category), but after a suggestion last week that this might be a bit overwhelming, I thought I’d open the floor to the readers because Fetching Fridays are always for you!
For this week, I will do my usual, but based on the response, I might change it up for future Fridays. Voting is open until Wednesday, January20th.
The Resources Mashup
Here are some of the best articles I have stumbledupon this week.
- How blog commenting makes a difference
- 7 traits of highly successful bloggers
- Why you should socially promote articles you comment on
- 6 ways to track blog success
- Localizing your blog
- 18 blog tips to help you succeed in 2010
- What do you prefer – comments, tweets or social sharing?
- Foolproof trick to beat writer’s block
- Why do you subscribe to blog comments?
- 10 things you should always do in a blog post
- The ultimate checklist for a killer blog post
- Make it easy to promote you
- How Blog Engage can help you as a blogger
Business / Finance
- Freelance Friday – how to be indispensable, having the right attitude, and more
- 30 New Year’s resolutions for small business owners and entrepreneurs
- Starting a business on a shoestring budget
- 5 ways to build your brand effectively
- 30 best business tips for 2010
- Creating an online marketing plan
Graphic / Web Design
- Single page website designs – 70 of the latest examples
- 70 fairly creative logo designs for inspiration
- 33 beautiful social media icon sets for designers and bloggers
Make Money Online
- The honest truth about blogging for money
- Will Hamilton reveals how he makes six figures online teaching tennis
- Thesis affiliate program moving to Sharea a Sale
- How to make money product blogging
Personal Development / Self Improvement / Health
- What does personal development mean to you?
- How writing down goals changed my life
- 50 ways to get your life in order
- Do you fear standing out from the crowd?
- 30 power words to activate intention setting
Photography / Digital Art
- 85 art of caricatures
- Vintage New York photographs
- Beautiful waterfall photography
- 25 breathtaking nature photography
- Stunning abstract black and white photography
SEO / Website Optimization
- Why nofollow still matters
- 6 ways to speed up loading time of your website
- You may be ranking better in Google search results than you think
- How one blogger increased PageRank from 0 to 4 in 21 days
- The first female Digg user in the top 25
- Are you pissing off your Twitter followers?
- 10 gorgeous social media infographics
- Display huge profile pictures on your Facebook page
- How to cleanup Twitter followers after using Tweet Adder
- The complete guide to getting the most out of Twitter
- How to get the most out of Facebook Insights
- Want your tweets in Google realtime search? Get more followers!
- Are you ready to transfer to Chrome
- Free online virus and spyware scanner
- Do we deserve privacy online?
- Web security – Are you part of the problem?
Top 10 Social Media Blog Finalist
Coming Up on the Kikolani Network
Next week on Kikolani, I have two guest posts on WordPress plugins that increase traffic and how one blogger got 200 subscribers in the first month of blogging. Also, check out Famous Bloggers and Blogger Luv, two sites that I will be regularly writing for weekly from now on.
You may or may not have heard the original banana phone, but either way, this little rendition of it was a funny find by my husband this week, so I have to share it with everyone. The expressions are priceless!
Want to be featured in Fetching Friday posts?
Looking for some link love? Articles featured in the resources come primarily from people I interact with in the comments, and on the social networks. So comment away (DoFollow, CommentLuv, and KeywordLuv enabled), and join me on the networks below, and if your article/photo/video catches my eye, it may appear in following Fetching Friday posts.