This post is part of a weekly series, Fetching Friday, featuring the best posts of the week in blogging, making money online, SEO, and social media on kikolani.com.
The Resources Mashup
Blogging / Writing
- Eventually, Mr (or Ms) Blogger, You Actually Have to Do Something – Most blogs die because they stop growing and never push hard enough so their words translate into action. Here is the reality.
- How to Promote Your Blog on a $100 Budget – Some of the simplest, yet the most effective ways to promote your blog.
- The Dale Carnegie Approach to Blogger Outreach – Learn how can the principles in this book can help you develop a strong blogger network and create the perfect blogger outreach pitch.
- Does Publishing Interviews On A Blog Help – Interviews are one of the things you will read a lot about, as one of the traffic generation strategies. How effective are they really?
- 11 Hottest Blogging Tips So Far in 2011 – These are the best blogging tips the author has found and used so far in 2011.
Business / Career
- How To Stay Up To Date With Every Piece Of Info In Your Industry – Staying up to date with every piece of info in your industry can make or break your online business. You need to know everything to stay ahead of your competition.
- 11 Tips for Using Social Media to Land Your Dream Job – Stop hiding your online presence from potential employers and learn how you can use social media to your advantage when searching for a new job.
- 45 Kick-Ass Resources for Online Entrepreneurs – Online entrepreneurs will increase their productivity and be more successful by making use of quality resources. Learn about 45 resources that you can’t ignore.
- 7 Tips For Building Your Business With Podcasting – Podcasting is growing fast though it remains a missed part of social media by many. Use these 7 tips to use podcasting for your business.
- How to Overcome Fear and Turn Uncertainty into Success – Watch the replay of this webinar on how you can turn your fears into business success.
Personal Development / Productivity
- 7 Ways To Tell That Youâ€™re Not Living Your Highest Purpose In Life – Here are 7 ways to tell if you’re not living your highest purpose in life (plus 7 tips and tricks that you can use to help you find your purpose).
- 7 Tips for Accomplishing your Goals in Bite Sized Pieces – With a few changes in the way we do things and the adoption of some simple mindsets we can make progress towards our goals much faster.
- 21 Life Lessons from Steve Jobs – Steve Jobs will be remembered as a digital visionary. But before he was a legend, he was a person. We canâ€™t all be Steve Jobs, but we can all learn from his extraordinary life.
- Best 18 Quotes From Oscar Wildeâ€™s â€œThe Importance of Being Earnestâ€ – Here are a few golden nuggets from my recent indulgence of Oscar Wildeâ€™s witty, fun, original, and rhythmical play, â€œThe Importance of Being Earnestâ€.
- 10 Things To Stop Caring About TodayEvery day is a new beginning. But in life, sometimes you have to stop before you can truly begin.
Search Engines / SEO
- Google Panda 2.5: Losers Include Today Show, The Next Web; Winners Include YouTube, Fox News – See what websites ended up on the winners and losers list for the most recent Panda update.
- Top 10 Negative Google News Ranking Factors – If you are trying to get traffic from Google News results, here are then things that could be hurting your rankings.
- Branding in SEO â€“ The Big Shift in Online Marketing – Traditional marketing methodologies, like social marketing and branding, are being more appropriate and efficient to be utilized in todayâ€™s, or perhaps tomorrowâ€™s online marketing needs. As methods that can leverage a brandâ€™s exposure seem to tremendously impact a siteâ€™s SEO efforts.
- Keyword Research: Dealing With Uncertainty – When selecting the keywords you would like to rank for, you must take several factors into account. Preferably youâ€™re able to calculate its potential ROI by finding out what effort is required for a return in profit. There are, however, various uncertainties that you can choose to minimize.
- The Best SEO, Social + Content Strategy: Thought Leadership – There’s no better way, in my opinion, to create a great brand on the web and simultaneously supercharge your social media, SEO and traffic-growth than thought leadership.
Social Media / Social Networking
- Googleâ€™s Management Doesnâ€™t Use Google+ – Did you know only 3 of the 12 people listed on the Google Management Team page have ever made a single public post on Google+, totaling just 29 posts ever and only 6 in September?
- Digg Marketing Guide – Digg is a little bit more marketing friendly than their main competition Reddit which still makes them worth trying. The following guide will help you learn to use Digg for sharing your awesome content with a larger audience.
- 15 Twitter Activities That Annoy Me – 15 Twitter activities that makes the author want to smack you and how you can fix them.
- Are You Disclosing? What You Need to Know about FTC Rules and Social Media – Have you wondered about U.S. Federal Trade Commission (FTC) disclosure regulations? Wondering whether youâ€™ve been compliant? Read this for a detailed understanding of FTC rules and regulations on endorsements and testimonials in social media.
- How My YouTube Videos Got 8,500 Views in a Few Days – Hereâ€™s the story of my videos, followed by some tips of what you can do to create videos that get more YouTube views.
Photo of the Week
This weekâ€™s top photo is of an abandoned building with a lot of interesting grafitti from top to bottom. I still wonder how they got so much done at the top!
Steve Jobs’ Stanford Commencement Speech
I’m sure most have heard this by now, but if not, it’s something you should learn from. Especially the third story. RIP Steve Jobs.
I Want to be the Next Bad-Ass SEO Blogger
On Monday, be sure to check out my entry in the 2011 Bad-Ass SEO Blogging Contest. It will help you optimize your social media profiles for SEO! The following are the sponsors for this awesome contest!
Contest Media Partner
RankPop.com Affordable SEO
Daniel McGonagle Link Building
SEO-Peace.com Professional link building SEO Company
Hesham Zebida Thesis Skins
Scott Bradley Simple Weight Loss Tips For Entrepreneurs
Milan Matchev Health Directory
Jacob Share JobMob Job Search Tips
Ileane Smith Blogging Tips
John Britsios www.SEOWorkers.com
Doc Sheldon’s Clinic Critical Thinking for the Discerning SEO
Vertical Measures Internet Marketing Services
Whitney Michael Segura Greenhouses for Sale
Butch Segura Wholesale Greenhouses by EarthCare
Whitney “WeedyP” Segura Internet Marketing Blog by Whitney Segura
Ernest Segura Greenhouse Supplies @ OurCrazyDeals.com
Raxa Design Houston Internet marketing
Ana Hoffman – Traffic Generation Cafe Web Traffic
James Brown James Brown
Anwar Barake Wholesale Herbal Incense
Understand Technology with TechFume
The Tech Blog TechnoZeast
Wilderness Aware Rafting Colorado White Water Rafting
Sales Nexus online CRM
SEO Prize Sponsors
David Harry A full years membership at SEO Dojo, a value of $250.SEO Training Dojo
Lifetime membership to: My Blog Guest. MyBlogGuest.com is the free guest post exchange community where users meet to exchange guest posts and network.
Link-Assistant.Com SEO PowerSuite Enterprise (max. functionality license) SEO tools
SEMrush.com – the best tool to spy on your competitors ($210 value) www.semrush.com
3 month Pro subscription to Raven Internet Marketing Tools ($297 value) Raven Internet Marketing Tools