This post is part of a weekly series, Fetching Friday, featuring the best posts of the week in blogging, business, freelancing, SEO, and social media on kikolani.com.
The Resources Mashup
Blogging / Content
- How to Get 1,000 Visitors in 30 Days from Scratch – The best way to create traffic is to find someone whoâ€™s already driving a substantial amount of it and tap into it.
- How to Use Google Reader to Find & Share Content- Learn how to use Google Reader to find the best content to share. Also includes an extensive list of blogs to subscribe to.
- 14 Sources for Content Curation Inspiration – Increasingly, marketers are finding, organizing and sharing third-party content among their other efforts. Try these sources for content curation inspiration.
- Blog Navigation: Changing the Way People Get Started – Best practices for blog navigation and one of the most important pages you probably don’t have on your blog.
- Make Money Blogging: The Provocative History of Professional Blogging – This post shows you some of the most controversial, interesting and inspirational events that have happened to people making money with blogs.
Business / Career
- How to Track Offline Marketing Campaigns with Analytics – Easy ways to track your offline promotions online through Google Analytics and various other strategies.
- How To Create Website Content That Google Likes And Your Customers Love – How do you create content that Google likes? Answer the following six questions posed in this Daily Egg article.
- Top 20 TED Talks That Will Improve Your Productivity – This list contains videos that can inspire you in the many different aspects of your life and boost your productivity with some brand-new ideas. These videos are short, punchy and beneficial for you life.
- How to Find and Do Work You Love – Scott Dinsmore has made it his mission to help people find what excites them and build a career around the work only they are capable of doing. He recently gave a TED Talk on how to find and do work that you love.
- A Practical Marketers Guide to Writing for Conversion – If you wanna know what messages to put on your home page or landing page, and write great copy, swipe it from your visitors, customers and prospects.
- 10 Effective Marketing Strategies for New Freelance Writers – Which marketing strategies work for new freelancers? Here are my 10 best tips.
- My Proven Blueprint for Getting Clients through Guest Blogging – You probably know guest blogging can be powerful for client generation, but how do you really get those clients coming? The answer is revealed in this post.
- Freelance Blogging: How I Make $4,000+ A Month Working Part Time – Want to quit your job and be a freelance writer? Here’s how Tom Ewer did it — by breaking into freelance paid blogging.
- Track the Potential Clients You Want to Work With – If you can keep track of potential clients who you may want to work with in the future, though, you can come back and check in with them on a regular basis, both as their businesses evolve and as you have opportunities to take on more work.
- How to Save Your Sanity When Youâ€™ve Got a Nightmare Freelance Writing Client – Has your freelance writing gig turned into a nightmare? Here are some practical strategies you can use to get your sanity — and your freelance writing career — back on track.
Search Engines / SEO
- How to Use Content, Social Media, and Search Marketing for Reputation Management – Here are some easy ways to use the top online marketing strategies â€“ content marketing, social media marketing, and search marketing â€“ to ensure that the best content about you and your business always rises to the top.
- 7 Key Ways to Optimize Facebook Fan Page SEO – There are a lot of rumors going around about the proper ways to optimize your Facebook fan page SEO. Here are the tips that work.
- Advanced Search Operator Tactics – Let’s explore the most awesome advanced search operators for Google and Bing and how to use them.
- A Comprehensive Guide to Understanding Quality Score & Tactics for Improvement – Quality score isn’t lip service or heresy; it matters deeply and changes focused on improving these scores will likely improve volume, lead quality, and revenue.
- BlueGlassX Recap â€“ Actionable Takeaways You Can Implement Today – Comprehensive recap of three awesome sessions at BlueGlassX.
Social Media / Social Networking
- Nominate Your Favorite Social Media Blog: 4th Annual Top 10 Social Media Blog Contest – Please nominate your favorite blog here for our fourth annual Top 10 Social Media Blogs contest.
- 100+ Social Media and Content Marketing Predictions for 2013 – There is no better way to start off December than to look ahead to next year. With that, we share our Social Media and Content Marketing Predictions for 2013.
- 13 Ways to Boost Your Facebook Page Reach – With marketers complaining about Facebook’s paid services and their Pages’ reach dropping, there are a number of Pages that are defying the majority. Find out what they are doing right.
- 8 Real-Life Examples of Engaging Pinterest Contests – 8 examples of well-run Pinterest contests to inspire your social media marketing.
- The Ultimate Social Media Image Sizing Cheat Sheet – With all the recent changes to our favorite (or not so favorite) social networks with Facebook covers, Twitter header images and YouTube branded channels, businesses have had to redesign their images and rethink of how they represent themselves visually online.
Share Your Best Blog Posts
Every week on Friday, I start a thread on the Social Media Examiner Blogging Club so members can share their favorite blog post of the week. It’s free to join, so sign up, find today’s best blog post thread, and share your proudest blogging achievement of the week!
Check Out Google+ Communities
Photo of the Week
This weekâ€™s top photo comes from the Tuolumne Meadows area of Yosemite National Park.
Into the Mind
If you’re into extreme winter sports, timelapse, travel, creative cinematography, or interesting soundtrack compilations, then you’ll love this.