This post is part of a weekly series, Fetching Friday, featuring the best posts of the week in blogging, business, freelancing, SEO, and social media on kikolani.com.
The Resources Mashup
Blogging / Writing
- How to Promote Your Blog With Social Media – How to share your blog articles on tumblr, facebook, linkedin and twitter to increase your reach.
- A Technophobe’s No-tears Guide to Podcasting – After pulling out half of my hair grappling with a half-dozen different podcasting platforms and audio-editing programs, I discovered there is a simple way to create, embed, and play audio on your WordPress blog. So I’d like to save all of you the agony and share how I now do my podcasts.
- How to Follow Up With a Blogger Without Being Annoying – Knowing how to proceed when you need an answer will make your outreach more efficient and can actually improve your results. Learn when to follow up and the most effective ways to go about it.
- Get Inspired and Organzied: Mind Mapping for Content Marketing – One way to generate ideas for content marketing and keep them organized is through mind maps. Here are 4 examples to get you started.
- The Inbound Marketer’s Complete Guide to Newsjacking – Learn what newsjacking is, and how you can do it to amplify your inbound marketing success.
Business / Career
- The Customer Lifecycle: How Following-Up Can Increase Your Conversions – Here are some ways to keep in touch with your prospects and in turn, increase your conversions and keep your acquisition costs low by not adding extra advertising and marketing expenses.
- The Real Truth About Overnight Success – Many experts will tell you that overnight success is all about how hard you work and how passionate you are about what you do. The basic theme is that if you care enough and work hard enough, then success will come your way.
- Four Incredibly Useful Metrics For Small Business Blogging – As a business owner you should expect your blog to pay its own way. Knowing your numbers will help you focus your efforts and achieve your objectives.
- How to Build Your Email Marketing List with a WordPress Website – No matter how many unique daily visitors you get — or how amazing your service or product is — if they aren’t finding your valued subscriber content, all the likes, tweets, pins, and pluses in the world aren’t going to build that loyal following you need to grow.
- 20 Revealing Stats, Charts, and Graphs Every Marketer Should Know – Read 20 of the most telling inbound marketing statistics and data points that will help position your progress against other marketers.
- Finding Freelance Balance – How to find balance in your freelance writing work and life.
- 10 Ways to Make More Money as a Freelance Writer — Fast – Fortunately, there are many basic steps you can take quickly to help you land new assignments at better rates. Here are 10 strategies for growing your writing income fast.
- The 20 Essential LinkedIn Groups for Aspiring Writers – With the plethora of groups hosted by the site it’s easier than ever to build a seriously great network of those in the industry. If you’re not sure where to start, use these groups as a starting place.
- Billing Yourself as a Local Freelancer: What You Need to Know – For those prospective clients who want to make sure that they get a chance to get to know who they’re working with, working with a local freelancer can be worth a premium over working with someone who is only accessible online.
- Why We Keep on Freelancing Despite All Warnings – There are many compelling reasons why freelancing is becoming more and more popular. With all the negativity, it’s important not to lose sight of those reasons.
Search Engines / SEO
- 5 Ways to Build Relevant Local Links – If you have a local business website, then take advantage of local link building strategies and these five ways to build relevant links.
- A Simple Step by Step Guide to SEO – Easy things you can do to start your website’s SEO on the right foot – even if you can’t hire a professional to help you out.
- 7 Achievable Steps For Great SEO After The Penguin Update – It’s not that what you are doing is wrong or bad, the reality is that the march towards relevance is coming faster than ever before. Google doesn’t care what used to work, they are determined to provide relevance and that means big changes are the new normal.
- Why Google Penguin Mauled My Sites and What To DO About It – Where do you go after the Penguin Update smashed your organic traffic to bits and pieces? Here are my test results and plan for traffic.
- 15 Different Ways On How You Could Manage Your Online Reputation Using SEO – Most people more than likely equate SEO with a system in which you can promote a business site or an affiliate site in order to get more business drawn to your site so you can make some profit. However, that is not all SEO can do for you. In fact, you can, if done properly use this same system to help you manage your online reputation.
Social Media / Social Networking
- 14 Social Media ROI Metrics You Can Use Right Now – The new social metrics include social connections like Facebook likes, Facebook engagement rates, social chatter, and Twitter retweet rates.
- 9 Practical Tips to Improve Your Facebook Page Performance – Wonder why your Facebook page is not performing well? Could there be anything you missed? Go through this checklist and improve your Page with minor tweaking this week.
- 5 New Twitter Tools to Boost Your Marketing – Discover the latest and most promising tools to get the most out of your Twitter marketing. Check out how to use Twylah, NewsMix, SocialBro, Ifttt and Tweriod.
- Simple Step-by-Step Instructions for Setting Up a Facebook Ad Campaign – Learn how to set up an ad campaign on Facebook with this simple, step-by-step approach.
- Measuring Social Engagement: 3 Ways To Identify High Value Content – Measuring the social engagement elicited by different types of content can help social media marketers pinpoint what is effective — and what isn’t worth precious time and budget. Here are three ways to do it.
Photo of the Week
This week’s top photo is from Bear Canyon near Camp Verde, AZ. There’s nothing my husband loves more than canyoneering adventures and photos like this one!