This post is part of a weekly series, Fetching Friday, featuring the best posts of the week in blogging, business, freelancing, SEO, and social media on kikolani.com.
The Resources Mashup
Blogging / Writing
- The Essential Ingredients for Building a Blog That Ranks in Alexaâ€™s Top 10,000 – Would you like to know how I grew Quick Sprout to have an Alexa ranking of 10,000 in under four years? Find out here.
- How to Treat Your Blog as a Business Not A Hobby – How do you clearly send a message to the world, aside from printing it on your forehead or on the front page of your blog, that you are running a business as a blogger and that, as fun as it may be, you are not just in it for the fun?
- 7 Ways to Spy on Your Competition – In this article, Kim reveals 7 super cool ninja
tricks for spying on your competitors.
- 7 Ways To Make Money From Your Blog – A list of various strategies that you can implement to monetize your blog.
- 23 Brilliant Bloggers Talk About Blog to Book – Having a blog is without a doubt one of the routes you can take to becoming a published book author. These brilliant bloggers can help you out with even more great advice!
Business / Career
- 92 Ways to Get (and Maximize) Press Coverage – Here are 92 ways/tips/thoughts/things that have helped Chris get and maximize press coverage over the last 12 years.
- 10 Content Ideas To Improve Organic Visibility – In the past series of articles, we focused on determining what keywords were already generating business for a web site and then optimizing your existing pages to improve organic results for those keywords. In this and some future articles, weâ€™ll cover adding new content to a website as well as other web venues to improve organic visibility.
- How to Deal with Negative Reviews – Watch this video now to get a simple, yet fool-proof three step strategy to deal with negative reviews online.
- 25 Reasons I Work From Home – When Christian first started working online, from home, I didnâ€™t know all the reasons for working online. Over time, however, he’s come to understand a myriad of reasons why working online is a positive experience.
- HUGE Mistakes Most CEOs, Small Business Owners & Managers Are Making â€“ What to Do Instead – Staying too busy working IN your business to work ON your business is an extremely common mistake â€“ one that has always separated the successful from those barely making it.
- A 4-Step Guide To Finding Freelance Clients While You Exercise – You can get in a nice workout while you find quality clients. You will need to get up from your computer and leave your house. But if youâ€™re willing to do that, you could come home with some great client leads or even a gig by the end of today.
- 25+ Professional Resources for Getting Started as a Freelance Editor – Launching into a career as a freelance editor is relatively easy. Unlike our web and graphic design colleagues, editors can start working on their own without too much investment in expensive software or equipment.
- Tips and Guidelines for Smarter Price Estimates – These tips below should get you thinking about estimates for project work. All freelancers must come to terms with the monetary aspect of the job.
- Six Tips for Marketing Your Freelance Writing – Lori Widmer shares her best freelance writing marketing tips, including asking for referrals, partnering with other businesses, and time management techniques.
- 7 Common Objections Freelancers Face, Now Answered – Laura discusses seven common prospective client objections. She also invites you to share client objections that youâ€™ve faced and to explain how youâ€™ve handled them.
Personal Development / Productivity
- Are You as Happy as You Can Be? 10 Surefire Ways To Be Unhappy in Life – Todayâ€™s guide is to bring your awareness to top 10 things you may be doing which are directly or indirectly making you unhappy (or less happy than you can be).
- 12 Things To Start Caring About Today – Here are twelve things to start caring about on your journey forward.
- 29 Life Lessons in 29 Years – 29 important life lessons from a 29 year old reflecting on life as a 20 year old.
- The 4-Step Process To Breaking A Limiting Belief – Our limiting beliefs can hold us back, and deny us the right to truly enjoy life. Hereâ€™s a process to break those limiting beliefs!
- 29 Ways to Beat Procrastination Once and For All – We all procrastinate. Sometimes itâ€™s not a bad thing, but it can turn into something evil and nasty if we arenâ€™t careful. Try these procrastination beating techniques to destroy this deadly foe once and for all.
Search Engines / SEO
- 78 Resources For Every Internet Marketer’s Toolkit – These free or affordable SEO tools, link building tools, coding tools, conversion tools, convenience tools, social media tools, forums, news and blogs, and social profiles will help keep your marketing up to date and help you do your job better.
- 12 Google Link Analysis Methods That Might Have Changed – Bill lists a dozen possibilities and granted Google patents that describe them, but Google uses link analysis in a lot of ways, and what Google turned off might involve something else entirely, and/or something that might not even be described in a patent.
- 40 More Google Search Quality Updates From Google – As we have been writing about a lot this morning, Google announced 40 changes to search quality they made over the past month or so. This is an update from their 17 changes in January.
- Hardcore Local SEO Tactics – Learn some great local search marketing tactics from the local search panel at SMX West.
- How Google Makes Liars Out of the Good Guys in SEO – Every day we tell our clients to build good content and Google will reward them we know that itâ€™s a white lie most times, because the other side of that coin is and ALSO build anchor text links so you can actually rank well, because community building is not enough of a factor yet.
Social Media / Social Networking
- 9 Social Media Hacks I Use Every Day – Using your limited social media time wisely is all about going beyond the obvious activities. These nine efficiencies â€” hacks â€” are what you need to embrace right now.
- The Marketerâ€™s Guide to LinkedIn – This post will show you the important areas you need to be taking advantage of on LinkedIn for branding and traffic including your personal profile, groups, answers, company pages, and plugins.
- 250+ Brands on Pinterest – Like moths being drawn to a Martha Stewart decorative candle, brands are flocking to Pinterest. Whether you think they should or not doesn’t really matter.
- PlusBlogging â€“ How to Dominate your Market in Google+ – Jason details and dissects some factors that can help boost your SEO, content marketing and social campaigns using your Google+ brand/profile page or by PlusBlogging (blogging on Google+).
- 26 Tips for Using Pinterest for Business – How to create a business presence, drive traffic to your website, increase SEO value, and improve your social media marketing.
Photo of the Week
Journey Through Canyons
Some Southwestern treasures for your viewing pleasure this weekend!