This post is part of a weekly series, Fetching Friday, featuring the best posts of the week in blogging, making money online, SEO, and social media on kikolani.com.
The Resources Mashup
Blogging / Writing
- Top 10 Chick Bloggers and Womenâ€™s Blogs â€“ Your Votes – From now until October 20 (thatâ€™s 10 full days), Iâ€™m taking nominations for great chick bloggers (specifically) and great womenâ€™s blogs (generally). You are welcome to nominate yourself, a friend, or someone you donâ€™t even know.
- How to Craft Contagious Content – What makes content go viral? There are little traffic buttons and when you know how to push them, bam. Traffic. Leads. And Sales. Click to learn more.
- Next Crackdown on Bloggers: Sweepstakes & Contests – Learn how some giveaways are actually sweepstakes and, as such, how they violates U.S. and state regulations.
- How Podcasting Can Take Your Blog to a New Level – Let the author count the most powerful ways in which podcasting can take your blog to a new level.
- 10 Ways To Grow Your Blogâ€™s Community – Ten tactics to help generate more discussion and eye-balls on your blog. The author suggests picking several and doing them in combination.
Business / Career
- Top 8 Mistakes of My Corporate Career and How to Avoid Them – In the case of the author’s corporate tenure, she learned so much about herself that she had to walk away and find a new person in a new life and felt compelled to do more about these mistakes.
- 5 Lessons I Learned from Selling My Writing Services Online – Here are the lessons I learned on the way to becoming a freelance writer.
- How to Manage the Risks of Having Your Own Business – The problem isnâ€™t that business is inherently risky. The problem is the mentality that customers are going to drop out of the sky just because youâ€™re so cool.
- You Made It Yourself: Now What? 29 Places to Sell Your Handmade Creations – Amazon and eBay are certainly well known marketplaces among those looking to sell just about anything, but niche marketplaces and communities are growing quickly. These 29 Marketplaces offer a way to buy and sell handmade goods.
- 19 Ways to Get Paid for Your Writing – Youâ€™re not going to find any â€œget rich quickâ€ ideas in this post. But those writers that earn do have a secret weapon – they know where to go to get paid.
Personal Development / Productivity
- 10 Spectacular Ways To Stay Motivated – Nowadays we’re all looking for ways to stay motivated for longer periods of time to get the work we need to get done, actually done.
- How to Minimize Interruptions So You Can Get Your Writing Done – When something interrupts you from your writing (or other projects), your concentration is broken. Hereâ€™s how to deal with internet, phone, family, and visitor interruptions.
- 75 Most Empowering, Inspirational Quotes for Sassy, Kickass Women – The most inspiring, motivational, empowering, sassy quotes on love, life, happiness, courage for women.
- Permission to be Happy and Successful – A vital aspect to living a happy, healthy, and successful life that is often overlooked.
- Tired of Being Tired – Listen to your body â€” your long-term health and sanity depend on it.
Search Engines / SEO
- The *Working* Guide to Reaching out to Influencers Using Social Media – Whether you are trying to pitch a guest post idea, get a review of your book or discuss a potential partnership, hereâ€™s the most efficient way to start a working relationship with your niche influencers.
- Which Type of Link Anchor Text is the Most Effective? [An Experiment] – The author’s was pretty small (three new domains, three mini-sites, 10 links to each) this means that by no standard are his findings conclusive but he thinks it definitely offers some food for thought and certainly some areas worth investigating further.
- How to Make the Most of a $100 Link Building Budget – Link building on a budget? Most of the strategies I use regularly donâ€™t cost me a dime, yet produce incredible results. Take a look for yourself.
- 3 Reasons To Add Infographics To Your SEO Strategy – In the post-Panda era infographics shouldnâ€™t be ignored as a viable link building tactic. Here are three reason why an infographics SEO strategy matters.
- Five-Step Strategy For Solving SEO Pagination Problems – Pagination has always been a sticky problem for search engines. While not nearly as complex as faceted navigations for SEO, they can certainly cause crawling inefficiencies and excessive duplicate content.
Social Media / Social Networking
- The Ultimate Guide to Online Branding and Building Authority Part II â€“ Social Media – The best avenues and tips for online branding and authority building with social media.
- 7 Ways to Find Great People to Follow on Twitter – A few resources and tips to help you find the most interesting people on Twitter.
- 5 Ways to Control Your Facebook Privacy – Facebook privacy settings: what you need to know about privacy and sharing personal information with the new Facebook features and Facebook Subscribe button.
- Infographic: Ideas to Grow Your Twitter Following – Great ideas via infographic.
- 8 Guaranteed Ways to Increase Social Media Reach – At the very core of social media for lead generation, you must take steps to increase your reach. To help you get started, here are 8 guaranteed ways to expand your social media reach.
Photo of the Week
This weekâ€™s top photo came from my trip to Australia. One of my favorite parts of the trip was simply feeding the wallabies.
Is it dancing? Is it strutting? Is it just playing? Who cares – it’s cute!