This post is part of a weekly series, Fetching Friday, featuring the best posts of the week in blogging, business, SEO, and social media on kikolani.com.
The Resources Mashup
Blogging / Content
- How My Old Blog Post Got Half a Million Pinterest Views [Case Study] – I wanted to share my own personal experience on how an old post on ecokaren received almost half a million pageviews—50% of all-time page views on the post—just from Pinterest. Along the way, I’ll share some tips (and some of my biggest pet peeves) that you can use for better a Pinterest experience.
- 7 Insights I Wish I Knew Before I Started Blogging – Looking back, I wish I had learned what I’m about to share earlier.
- Blog Readership Demographics from the World’s Top Blogs – We studied the blog readership demographics of the top 80 blogs in the world. Click through to see massive charts and lots of statistics.
- Why Google+ Is the Best Social Platform for Content Marketers – On Google+, your network impact extends beyond the social media domain. It follows you across all of Google’s products: Reviews, Maps, Chrome, Ads, Hangouts, YouTube, Drive, Calendar, Wallet, and every Google product.
- SlideShare Best Practices: Content Marketing Tips from Top SlideShare Marketers – Learn how top marketers from HubSpot, Tourism Australia and Dell use SlideShare for both written and visual content distribution and social promotion.
Business / Career
- How to Optimize Responsive Design for Conversions – As responsive design becomes more and more intertwined with best web design practices, shoppers will become more comfortable shopping on a variety of devices, and companies will get used to catering to customers through a variety of channels dedicated to those devices.
- Six Lazy Ways to Trick Your Brain Into Being Productive – Here are a few scientifically-backed ways to boost your productivity without even trying.
- 7 Scientifically-Backed Copywriting Tips – While great writing is truly an art, those looking to improve their craft as a copywriter can find a a lot of help from behavioral psychology and neuroscience studies.
- How To Build Instant Trust On Your Website – The simple guide of why and how you need to use trust indicators on your website to make your visitors feel comfortable to take action in a second.
- 6 Parts of Your Marketing You Should Always Be Optimizing – What will truly move the needle for your optimization efforts? Here are the top six things all marketers really need to follow to maximize ROI.
Search Engines / SEO
- Top 5 Google Analytics Changes You Might Have Missed – Five recent changes to Google Analytics can lead to a more efffective and accurate use of the toolset and your metrics. They can save you time and headaches and make your data more meaningful.
- On-Page SEO: Past, Present & Future – Is your on-page SEO up to par? Now more than ever, websites need to make sure that the elements of usability and findability are in the proper ratios.
- The Google AdWords Landscape (Infographic) – We tend to think of AdWords as the domain of PPC specialists, but it’s becoming clearer and clearer that Google’s SERP advertising has a huge impact on the position and effectiveness of organic results.
- The State of SEO: Experts Weight In – Part I and Part II – SEO.com experts weigh on the future of social media, local SEO, mobile SEO and on-page optimization.
- 7 Content Archetypes that Generate Natural Links – If you’re struggling to get natural links you may think that your stuff simply isn’t “good enough”. Or that you have to resort to lame link bait articles. In my experience, content quality is only a small part of the story and link bait hardly ever works. So what does? The right content archetypes.
Social Media / Social Networking
- 10 Tips For Getting The Most Out Of Marketing Via Foursquare – While foursquare has stalled out around 25 million users, it is still a force to be reckoned with and worth considering as part of any company’s marketing mix (that goes double for any live event).
- 11 Steps To Building Your Brand On Twitter – You Branding With Twitter? Building your brand on Twitter is even more important now. Why? Twitter is now the fastest growing social platform in history and I see it continuing that growth.
- Google+ Refresh: Super Size Cover Image, Local Review Tab & More Changes – Google plus refresh includes big cover image, local review tab, split about section for easier updating and more.
- What to Do If Your Twitter Account Has Been Hacked – There are a couple different ways you can be hacked on Twitter. I’ll cover both types of hacking and show you what to do for each case. Then I’ll give you tips on how to prevent hacking in the future.
- How to Find Your Most Valuable Twitter Followers – Do you want to know which pieces of content on your website attracts the people whose shares on Twitter lead to the most traffic back to your website? Here’s how to find out.
A Fresh Start
I can’t tell you how much I have appreciated the feedback from this week’s post about Kikolani’s new direction. For those who missed it, please stop by and let me know what you think of the new look and strategy. For those who have stuck with the blog for so long and welcomed me back (so to speak), thank you!
Share Your Best Blog Posts
Every week on Friday, I start a thread on the Social Media Examiner Blogging Club so members can share their favorite blog post of the week. It’s free to join, so sign up, find today’s best blog post thread, and share your proudest blogging achievement of the week!
Kitten Meets Hedgehog
Talk about the odd couple!