This post is part of a weekly series, Fetching Friday, featuring the best posts of the week in blogging, business, freelancing, SEO, and social media on kikolani.com.
The Resources Mashup
Blogging / Content
- The Ultimate Beginnerâ€™s Guide to Blogging – I set out to produce a relatively brief guide that would focus solely on the core fundamentals of successful blogging, which you can find below. Enjoy!
- 17 Steps to Guarantee a Successful Guest Posting Campaign – The actual process of writing, submitting, and benefiting from guest posts can be a little less obvious. Like most things, there are different tactics you can employ to make the strategy work for you.
- How to Add Google Author Tags to Your Blog for Improved Search Results – Learn how to set up the rel=author tags on your website for enhanced search results.
- Why You Shouldnâ€™t Read Blogs – Occasionally Iâ€™ll scan the headings of the others in my feed to see if there is something drastically new that I need to know about for changes to Google or new WordPress features â€“ that kind of thing. But I am definitely not one of those guys who scours Mashable for hours a day trying to stay on top of every single trend that is going on. Find out why.
- 10 Tactics for Integrating Photographs into Content Marketing – Images, particularly photographs, are content marketingâ€™s magnetic force since theyâ€™re driving social media across platforms. As a result, you need a tailored image strategy within your content marketing plans.
Business / Career
- 5 Powerful Design Elements that will Transform Your Blog into a REAL Business – Most blog sites donâ€™t look like businesses. But by implementing these 5 changes, you will be amazed at how your brand will change.
- 16 Ways to Simplify Your Prospects’ Decision-Making Process – Tips for ways you can simplify the conversion process for your prospects and leads.
- How to Build a Non-Suck Info Product – Thinking about creating an information product or Kindle ebook. The important thing is to write that is full of quality and useful information. Find out how.
- 54 Quotes from Startup Leaders on How to Improve Conversions – I surveyed 54 companies and asked each of them one question: “What is the one thing that you did that had the strongest positive impact on conversions?” 54 companies below share with us what has worked for them.
- Why Our Online Store Profits Are Up 46% Year Over Year And Still Growing â€“ Our Mid Year Report – Learn how this small niche shop has made over 7 figures.
- 4 Iconic Types of Freelancers – Which one are you?
- 21 Freelancing Social Media Faux Pas – In this post, Iâ€™ll list twenty-one embarrassing mistakes that Iâ€™ve seen on Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, and other social media sites. You can use this list as a handy checklist to make sure that your social media presence is all that it should be.
- 5 Reasons Why Every Freelance Writer Should Have a Blog – Do you need a blog as a freelance writer? I think you do! And I share my reasons in this article.
- Should You Take a Companyâ€™s Test To Land a Gig – Even with a completely legitimate setup, freelancers have mixed feelings about taking tests, often finding them an unnecessary step.
- What Writers Should Do When Drawing A Blank – If youâ€™re drawing a blank in your writing today, I suggest that you try leading yourself back to your natural, unencumbered nature.
Search Engines / SEO
- 23-Point Web Content Litmus Test: Is It Truly Unique, Engaging & High Quality – Use this informal litmus test to see how your content measures up. Be critical in your evaluation of your new content; youâ€™re only hurting yourself by going easy on it. If it helps, have an associate objectively score your content.
- 11 Content Optimization Techniques for Content Marketers – In this post, I will mostly discuss content optimization techniques that you can implement before and after launching your piece to increase the likelihood of your content in ranking better on search results, even without the help of link building.
- An In-depth Analysis of Authorship, Google+ and Snippets – What I present here is a simplified approach to the analysis of updates such as Penguin and Panda in addition to a look into Authorship markup, Google+ and Rich Snippets.
- How I Recovered From Google Penguin (Twice) – It may not be a magic bullet, but this method may do enough to keep you afloat while you work towards cleaning up your backlink profile over the long-term.
- Minimum Viable SEO for Start Ups – With this in mind, here are the SEO tasks which I think start ups should spend time on
Social Media / Social Networking
- 12 Essential Social Media Cheat Sheets – Cheat sheets give you a rundown of various features for a given item. Here are some of the best social media cheat sheets.
- 16 Creative Ways to Use Twitter for Business – Here are 16 ways to bring new life and renewed business purpose to your Twitter efforts.
- Six Facebook Ad Strategies to Improve your Return – This article will give you six tips to help improve your return on your Facebook ad investment.
- How to Track Social Media Traffic Using Google Analytics’ New Features – If you want to know more about how social media networks play a role in sending traffic to your website, Google Analytics has some answers in their new Social section.
- 12 Tips to Optimize Facebook Page for Maximum Reach and Brand Visibility – How to extend your Facebook reach for more eyeballs? Have you done enough to maximize your brand visibility on Facebook? Here are 12 Vital Tips you shouldn’t miss.
Want to Make Money Blogging?
Then be sure to enter this guest blogging contest. Simply write your entry post on the best small business advice you have to offer and a post on your own website about the contest. There are 20 cash prizes up for grabs from $100 to $4,000. Read more about the contest rules and enter today!
Kitten Reacts to Sneeze
I laughed so hard when I watched this… I hope you do too!