This post is part of a weekly series, Fetching Friday, featuring the best posts of the week in blogging, business, freelancing, SEO, and social media on kikolani.com.
The Resources Mashup
Blogging / Writing
- 5 Small Blog Tweaks That Will Lead To Big Results – Sometimes, it just pays to revisit the basics. Have a long, hard look at your blog to see if the foundation is right, instead of chasing the latest social media craze.
- 5 Ways to Go From Blogger to Published Book Author – How to easily write a book and turn yourself into a successful book author.
- An In-Depth Look at The Science of Blog Timing – When it comes to the science of blog timing, the main thing people think about is when to publish a blog post. That is, of course, very important when it comes to blogging, but itâ€™s not the only timing consideration you need to make.
- 7 Key Things You Need for Your Blog – Use your best judgement, but these are the tools and features that Iâ€™ve most often seen on great-looking and successful Home Base websites!
Business / Career
- 20 Bonehead Marketing Mistakes You Must Avoid – Let me share with you 20 of these mistakes and how you can avoid them, with examples of companies whoâ€™ve successfully employed these marketing tactics.
- 12 Corporate Job Survival Lessons Nobody Teaches You – 12 corporate job survival lessons and the story of my brutal, rude and big-headed corporate boss that taught me big lessons.
- 20 Lessons from Walt Disney on Entrepreneurship, Innovation and Chasing Your Dreams – The following 20 quotes are just a small glimpse into the mind and imagination of Walt Disney.
- How To Make Money By Knowing When To Work Hard And When To Outsource – But thereâ€™s a time and a place to outsource and a time and a place to put your head down and start busting some ass.
- An Introduction to 7 of the Most Popular Social Networks for Business – Learn how each social network is different from the other so you can spend your time on the most appropriate networks for your business.
- Should You Ever Turn Freelancing Work Down – In this post, weâ€™ll take a look at this common freelancing problemâ€“that of what to do when you have more work than you can handle.
- 5 Writing Rules I Broke to Get Unstuck – Here are five rules I ignored to build my freelance writing business.
- Caution: Marketing Mistakes that Freelancers Make – To expand and continually build up your client base, finding bigger and better projects, a business has to do a little hustling â€” and do it consistently. Here are two big mistakes freelancers make when it comes to marketing.
- Your Freelance Introduction Without the â€œYuck!â€ Factor – So, whatâ€™s a freelancer who occasionally ventures out and attends networking mixers to do? Have a self-intro that youâ€™ll feel comfortable using. Here are four tips from a Presentation Skills for Networking workshop that I recently attended here in Tucson.
- 9 (Technical) Resources to Help You Improve Your Freelancing Blog or Website – Whether you want to become a web development pro or just improve your personal blog, thereâ€™s something useful for every freelancer on this list.
Search Engines / SEO
- 100 Lessons Learned from 10 Years of SEO – The following lessons are all based on my own experiences and screw-ups. They arenâ€™t just related to SEO, but to my life, business and entrepreneurial pursuits in general as well.
- The Marketer’s Ultimate Guide to Link Bait – Learn why you should incorporate link bait content into your inbound marketing strategy.
- The Best U.S. Citation Sources by Category – Using Whitespark’s Local Citation Finder, we searched Google for the most common keywords within 70 local search categories across 53 large US cities, 20 medium-sized cities, and 20 smaller cities. We then scored the sites inversely based on ranking position combined with overall number of occurrences. The sites that appeared most often and with the highest rankings were deemed “best.”
- 17 Experts Weigh in on How to Do Quality Link Building in Volume – Experts answer the question: How do you do quality link building in large volume or how would you approach it this year, given that a lot of changes have occurred this past few months that relates to link building?
- How Building Links with Infographics Is Changing – Essentially, the problem boils down to low quality content and the fact that webmasters are not linking to the infographic content itself but to other websites. So how can marketers ensure that their infographics links will count in the future and help them go viral?
Social Media / Social Networking
- 9 Metrics to Measure Social Media Marketing – Here are nine metrics you need to measure your brandâ€™s social media marketing success.
- How to Convince Your Clients To Use Social Media – Here are some ways to prove to your potential social media clients that their target audience is on social media.
- Facebook Promoted Posts vs Sponsored Stories – What’s the difference between Promoted Posts and Sponsored Stories, plus a test to see which produces better results.
- 7 Super Useful Infographics About Google+ and a Lesson From Each – If you still have doubts about Google+, check out this collection of infographics and tips to make the most of it’s power – especially for search.
- 8 B2B Tips for Using Social Forums – Discover how to use question based social forums to generate qualified leads and drive sales.
Photo of the Week
This weekâ€™s top photo comes from Upper Antelope Canyon. He caught this unique perspective by looking up while walking through the canyon.
Cute Kitten Talks Too Much
Of anyone that could talk too much, I could enjoy this all day. If you have cats at home, turn up the volume – it will drive them bonkers!