This post is part of a weekly series, Fetching Friday, featuring the best posts of the week in blogging, business, freelancing, SEO, and social media on kikolani.com.
The Resources Mashup
Blogging / Writing
- 50 Successful Blogs That Prove You Don’t Have to “Blog About Blogging” To Create A Winner – Successful blogs of all sizes and in a huge variety of topics, to prove once and for all that blogging can be used to build an audience in nearly every topic imaginable.
- 6 Dumb Blogging Mistakes That Are Killing Your Credibility – Your email list is growing and people aren’t buying what you have to offer. You have a nice looking blog design, you’re consistently writing fresh, new content. Still, nada. You’re doing nearly everything right. Here’s what you’re doing wrong.
- Practical Tips to Make Your Blog More Useful & Interactive – These tips range from process and efficiency advice to ways of inspiring more user generate content, content repurposing and growing subscribers.
- 9 Ways to Increase Visibility for Your Best Blog Content – Learn how to make the most of your successful business blog content by resurfacing blog posts for more reader visibility.
- 11 AP Style Guide Rules That Are Easy to Mess Up – Improve your writing by learning these AP style rules.
Business / Career
- How to Optimize Your Business For Local Search and Social Marketing – If you have a local business or one that targets audiences in a specific geolocation, then you will want to move beyond general guides for search and social optimization. This post will take you through several marketing strategies for local search and social media marketing.
- A Fool-Proof Formula for Easily Creating Compelling Content – The secret to prolifically creating excellent content isn’t inspiration or brilliance — it’s found in structure, planning, and research.
- 25 Clever Ways to Grow Your Email Marketing List – Digest 25 new and simple ways to grow your email marketing list.
- 30 Ways Your Business Should Leverage Social Media This Year – Here is a list of the top 30 ways your business should leverage social media this year. The list is by no means exhaustive and any other ideas you may have are welcome.
- 7 Ways to Increase Sales by Creating Trust – We often advise on how to gain trust in our website reviews, and I’ve compiled a list of some of the advice we’ve given over time. Of course, trust can be earned in more ways than this, but we’ll give you these seven to start with.
- The Well-Organized Freelance Writer’s Home Office – Freelance writers must organize their home offices to minimize distractions and maximize writing time. Here’s how!
- The Ultimate Guide to Becoming a Successful Freelance Marketer – In this post we’re going to go over the real meat and potatoes of starting a freelance marketing business, from the ground up.
- 40 Plus Ways to Unwind and Relax – Over forty things that freelancers can do to relax. Some of these will take a few minutes. Others will take a few days. Some may even take a few weeks. But if you’re stressed, it’s worth trying one or more of these ideas.
- Why You Should Avoid Job Boards Like the Plague (And How to Get Clients Instead) – Job boards are one of the worst ways to get clients. They’re great for entry-level gigs, but if you want to thrive, then you need to figure out how to move beyond that. The best way to get a job is to not even apply.
- 10 Personal Finance Apps to Help You Manage Your Money – Reaching your financial goals doesn’t mean you have to be a financial wizard. Nor do you have to hire a money manager. What could be valuable however, is a personal finance app that helps you keep abreast of your finances. Even if you have achieved freelance success, and don’t have money worries, you can still learn to sharpen your money management skills right in the palm of your hand.
Personal Development / Productivity
- The Hunger Games Guide to Survival – A post about what we can learn from Katniss, the book’s main character, in our continued quest for survival on this planet.
- The Power of Positive Thinking: 22 Thoughts to Change Your Life – It is better if you train yourself so that you can apply this change to every thought by using the examples above.
- 27 Top Bloggers and Writers Share About Fearless Living – Fear loses it’s grip when you learn how to take your power back. 27 top bloggers and writers tell you how.
- 8 Thought Leaders Who Are Worth Listening To – If you’ve never heard of the term ‘thought leader’, allow me to help you out. They’re the people who uncover new ways of understanding and knowledge in the world.
- A 10 Step Checklist to Start Your Week Right – Everyone wants to be more organized and have less life friction during their work week. However, most do not want to spend hours and hours managing their workload. Here is a simple 10-step Checklist to help you start your week:
Search Engines / SEO
- What to Do When Link Building is Not Enough to Outrank Competitors – Smart SEOs analyze their competitors’ weaknesses and strikes where it will hurt the most. We all know that links are important in this business, but if you can’t beat their links, beat their content.
- 7 Shortcuts to Take While Doing Keyword Research – While doing keyword research, the digital marketer normally tries to accomplish two things: spend as little time on it as possible and cover as many potentially profitable keywords as the niche provides. However, hitting both these targets at once is one heck of a task.
- Link Evaluation Survey 2012 – We know what we look for in a link for our clients but we wanted to survey as many members of the SEO community as we could to get a real idea of the kinds of methods and metrics that SEO professionals all over the globe are using to assess the quality of a link.
- 40+ SEO Tools of the Trade – Some of the top minds in the search industry shared their list of tools for the advanced and aspiring SEO professional to investigate at SES New York 2012. Here’s a rundown of nearly every SEO tool you’ll ever need to help you do your job better.
- Why A Diverse Link Profile Is More Critical Than Ever – For a diverse profile, it’s all about getting your content out there through the use of social media, guest posting, reviews, and many other forms of interaction.
Social Media / Social Networking
- 8 Tactful Ways to Use your Personal Facebook Account as a Marketing Tool – Learn how to set up your personal profile for marketing and eight things you can do with your personal profile that can’t be done with Facebook business pages.
- The Top 100 Twitter Tools of 2012 (Categorized) – A list of cool and highly useful Twitter tools, some of which you may have seen before and plenty that are sure to be new to you.
- 14 Ways to Build Strategic Relationships With the Who’s Who of Social Media – Remember that online influencers are people just like you are. Networking is 98% about being a nice person and having good manners. So go ahead and use these “secrets,” but use them with respect.
- How to Get Traffic and Sales with LinkedIn – A four post series on how to create the ultimate professional profile, build your network, get recommendations, gain traffic in Groups & Answers, and create a company page.
- 21 Unexpected Ways Brands Can Use Pinterest – A new medium requires some creativity, so I set out to find some of the most creative uses of Pinterest out there today. If you’re planning your own Pinterest strategy, use these 21 examples to help get you going.
Take a moment out of your busy day to enjoy these beautiful scenes of natural beauty!
Don’t Miss Out on Fetching Fridays!
Also, if you’re interested in developmental research, don’t miss Huntingdon Life Sciences.