This post is part of a weekly series, Fetching Friday, featuring the best posts of the week in blogging, business, freelancing, SEO, and social media on kikolani.com.
The Resources Mashup
Blogging / Writing
- 5 Link Bait Post Types That Get You More Email Subscribers – Letâ€™s take a look at five link bait post structures that really get people motivated to read, share and eventually give you their email.
- How To Connect with These 6 Influential Bloggers – While everyone is different, bloggers in the same niche have similar end goals. This post features 6 types of bloggers worth getting to know and how to build a relationship with each.
- The Marketerâ€™s Guide to Blogging – As a marketer, have you ever wished you had a resource with all the essential and advanced information about blogging in one place? Here it is!
- How To Increase Your Blogâ€™s Conversion Rate – Increasing your conversion rate is one of the most important things you can do as a blogger. Find out how to get more subscribers here!
- The Lazy Bloggerâ€™s Guide to Effective Blog SEO – A handy 7-Step guide to doing the absolute minimal SEO tweaks while getting the best results.
- How to Use Webinars to Create Great Relationships with Prospects and Customers – Webinars are a great customer communication tool because they bring together three powerful elements â€” customer or prospect interaction, audio, and visual elements including video.
- 19 Email Deliverability Terms Every Marketer Should Know – A list of the email deliverability terms marketers should know plus a presentation!
- Creating an Editorial Calendar for Content Marketing – Planning your content calendar in advance is a vital step in your content strategy. This means you must also understand the process and timescale for your organisation to create content of certain types, and allocate the resources of your team members.
- The #1 Sales Killer On Your Siteâ€”And How to Get Rid Of It For Good – How would you enjoy having an influx of people ready to buy whatever it is youâ€™re selling? Learn how to captivate customers with this video and audio.
- 7 Rules for Business Success in a Wired World – Carving out your niche, claiming your space, and applying the 7 rules below can help you succeed and take advantage of this opportunity!
- What is Pro Bono Work and Why Should You Embrace It – Pro bono work is a Latin phrase mostly used to describe a professional work delivered voluntarily and without payment or at a highly reduced fee.
- 20 Pricing Principles for Freelancers – Here you will find not one, but twenty different pricing principles for freelancers in one handy place. You donâ€™t have to apply all of these principles if you donâ€™t want to. However, in my freelancing experience, these really work.
- Is a College Education Necessary to Be a Successful Freelance Writer – Is having a college degree/college education necessary for a successful career as a freelance writer? My college degrees have been crucial for my writing career, but I know several very successful freelance writers who donâ€™t have college degrees. Let’s discuss…
- 7 Ways to Toughen Up Your Freelancing Game – If you want to boost your mettle as a freelancer, here are seven ways to toughen up your freelancing game.
- Answers to 10 of Your Most Urgent Freelance Writing Questions – Got questions about how to make it as a freelance writer? I’m bringing back my monthly mailbag post and answering readers’ questions here on the blog today.
Personal Development / Productivity
- 21 Counter-Intuitive Break Ideas to Boost Your Productivity at Work – Every self-help program talks about the importance of taking a 10-15 minute break to boost your productivity. Read about 21 fun ways to boost your productivity at work.
- Tips to Overcome Your Fear and Live Your Dreams – You have what it takes to succeed. You’ve got what it takes to overcome the obstacles and make your dreams come true. Begin today!
- The Matrix Guide to Rapid Skill Acquisition – Today I want to show you how I go about channeling my inner Neo to acquire skills as rapidly as possible.
- 25 Useful Brainstorming Techniques – This one is an all-time classic among managers, project teams, students and teachers â€“ brainstorming techniques!
- 25 Labels in Your Negative Self-Talk – It does not matter even if others may have used the label on you once. The most important thing is how you have viewed yourself because of the name-calling. You may mistakenly even blame others for causing you to feel miserable. However, it is really you who have inflicted more misery inwards.
Search Engines / SEO
- How to Build Links to Your Website – Getting authoritative websites to link to you is one of the most demanding tasks in SEO. Our latest infographic is a great reminder of 11 creative ways you can get links without asking.
- 25-Point Web Copy Checklist: How to Write for Google – Wondering if you’re writing web SEO copy for Google the right way? Use this 25-point checklist to find out!
- Excel for SEO â€“ Powerful Cheat Sheet to Boost Productivity – What I am going to present to you is actually a worksheet we use internally for training purpose and quick reference. This cheatsheet is for Excel 2007.
- Building Awesome Relationships For Links, Likes, and Love – Link building isn’t really link building. It’s relationship building. Links are just the proof of the relationship, as are the tweets, likes, sales. Relationship building is link building. Your social graph is your linkerati.
- 5 Ways To Get The Best Links For New Websites – When youâ€™re a new website with no established clout, no established authority, and no gaggle of swooning fanboys (or angered skeptics) waiting with baited breath over your every move, links are your lifeblood. So where should you start?
Social Media / Social Networking
- 25 Social Media Tips Provided By 25 Creative Minds – Social media tips that are valuable for businesses and marketers who are looking to benefit from social media.
- 9 Social Media Marketing Tips From the Pros – Hot social media marketing tips to simplify your social media marketing, use custom tabs, post strategically, interact on YouTube, connect on LinkedIn and more.
- Why Is Pinterest So Addictive – Is Pinterest just different enough from other social networks that it frees us from incessant updates and checkins? Or has it just replaced one addiction with another â€” a sort of social media gateway drug?
- Going Viral on Pinterest: Driving Big Traffic and Making Pinterest a Real Marketing Solution – So how did I go about getting 46 thousand repins from one piece of content on my personal site? Itâ€™s all about the content.
- 8 Social SEO Strategies To Start Using Right Now – Social media should already be a part of your business strategy. Now itâ€™s time to harness the power of those social media accounts for your SEO strategy â€“ or risk falling behind while your competitors cash in on their social chips.
Last of the Great Unknown
This is what my husband plans on doing this year!