This post is part of a weekly series, Fetching Friday, featuring the resources mashup, less than one week to Blog World, and Ikea cats on kikolani.com.
The Resources Mashup
Blogging / Writing
- 10 proven blog marketing tactics you can use today – design, categories, timeliness, connections, and more.
- YES! You do have time to blog – a look at some of the excuses that are made when saying you can’t blog, and some solutions.
- 5 traits for a great headline – these will get readers to dive deeper into your posts, articles, etc.
- Think outside of the blog: 7 ways to find inspiration.
- Growing a blog to 10,000 subscribers – a look at the stats behind this kind of growth.
- New Facebook groups explained – I’m NOT a fan of being added to someone’s group, but that’s beside the point. Also would be nice if they make group email notifications opt-in.
- 16 Facebook pages that will help you make a Facebook page – pages that focus heavily or soley on Facebook.
- 8 quick tips for developing a Facebook marketing strategy – competing with search engines, community pages, and more.
- Is Facebook suffocating the rest of social media? Interesting research and statistics.
- 7 tips to mastering Facebook advertising – do you know the difference between an ad for a Facebook URL vs. and outside URL? Find out!
- How to add the official Facebook page (instead of community page) to your profile employer link.
- 10 more common misconceptions dispelled – do humans have only five senses, and are dog’s mouths cleaner? Find out!
- Google by the numbers – did you know Google allows dogs, but not cats on site and other interesting tidbits.
- 40 super-cool infographics you have to see – a variety covering social media, search, communication, money, the environment, and more.
- The Darwinian evolution of Microsoft Windows – from 1985 to 2009.
- A map of online communities – a comparison of the 2007 to 2010 map of what social networks would look like if they were countries.
- Safeguarding your PC when link building – how to keep your machine running optimally while visiting unknown and possibly malicious competitor backlinks.
- How to find great directory link building opportunities – getting links on directories with high authority and traffic volume.
- 8 flawed link building strategies – do you agree that these do not work?
- The importance of follow up emails when link building – reminds me I should send a few today!
- A 12 video demo tour of the Ontolo Link Building Toolset – a toolset which sets out to automate some parts of the link building process, quickly connect you with the most important websites in your market, and more.
Making Money Online / Marketing / Reputation
- The truth about making money online – a look at the flip side of “monthly income reports” and how to evaluate whether your monetization strategies are actually profitable.
- Bad affiliate marketing behavior – some things to consider avoiding in the world of affiliate marketing.
- 7 step system to making money online – advice from a young entrepreneur and creator of Popup Domination.
- 36 reputation monitoring feeds you can’t ignore – reputation counts when you want to make money online. Be sure that yours stays good!
- Anatomy of a 5-figure flip: make your money when you buy – first article in a seiries about website flipping.
- 7 conversion tactics you probably aren’t using, but should – my favorite: remove CAPTCHA (or change to a friendly one).
Personal Development / Productivity
- How to change your luck for a better life – 4 things to do to change your luck for the better.
- Hindsight and our personal life lessons – how to use hindsight practically in learning process for the future.
- How to take criticism – why it is difficult, and how to reframe it as support.
- Are you pushing too hard to be creative? Why traditional time management doesn’t work when it comes to inspiration and flow.
- When you should do a half-assed job – or at least, why you should in some cases.
Search Engines / SEO / Analytics
- SEO and competitive analysis – live blogging from the SMX Search Marketing Expo Eastern with a great list of tools!
- Is your SEO strategy making you too invisible? Finding the balance between long tail and broad keywords.
- The complete competitor analysis toolset – a great collection of tools.
- 7 SEO experts to avoid – inspired by The Oatmeal.
- 9 cool uses for Google Suggest – have a handy conversion tool, check popular models of a product, and more.
Social Media / Social Networking
- Social media professionals: How techie should we be?
- Social media humanization – why people buy from people, and how to move out from behind your logo.
- Building social media bridges – expanding your circle, exploring your sphere, and doing a bit of housecleaning.
- The top 10 biggest Internet communities – look beyond social media a bit to discover thriving forums and other communities.
- Join me and stop using social media for a day – could you lay off social media for a whole day (a Monday, nonetheless) for charity?
- Monitoring and Measuring Social Media – upcoming seminar in New York – full day conference followed by a half day workshop. Use discount code iem1 for 10% off registration.
- 8 tools for upgrading your Twitter experience – web applications, excluding the major Twitter clients.
- Hey Twitter! Stop telling me what I want – a look at the challenges of New Twitter.
- 5 useful features in the New Twitter design – a more positive look at the new design changes.
- How to customize your background for New Twitter – a look at measurements, the new Twitter theme designer, and plugins that will help you view your background on different resolutions.
- How many times do you tweet your blog post? A look at survey results and 4 reasons you should definitely tweet more than once!
- The Growmap anti spambot plugin – a great alternative to Akismet!
- Ultimate roundup of 35+ WordPress CMS plugins – easily manage content, make it unbreakable, manage users, create a multilingual site, SEO, and more.
- Best WordPress contact form plugins – three plugins to try if you haven’t found the right contact form for your site.
- Arkayne – a must have plugin for traffic generation.
- An easy to use tool that will help you build a breakthrough blog – 4 reasons you need the WordPress Editorial Calendar plugin.
Blog World is HERE!
6 days left until the beginning of Blog World Expo. WOO HOO!
If you’re coming, let me know in the comments! If you haven’t registered, register now – use the code LATE15 to get 15% off Thursday, Weekend, and Full Access Passes. Plus, see what I’m doing to get ready for my first Blog World Expo, sessions I’m thinking about attending, and the don’t miss the list of meetups & parties in last week’s Fetching Friday.
1. BWE08_Expo_82, 2. Down on the Tweetup, 3. Blogworld – Day 2 – Morning Keynote,
4. Blogworld – TechSet Party, 5. Marsha Collier interviewing Guy Kawasaki
If you can’t physically make it, you can also attend from the comfort of your own home with a virtual ticket which are currently on sale for 50% off until October 12th. Definitely check it out if there are sessions that you want to get your hands on!
Finally, if you can’t make it or get the virtual ticket, you can watch the keynotes and some sessions which will be streamed live. Check out this post for more details!
As far as next week’s Fetching Friday, yes it’ll still be here. The articles will probably only be through Wednesday, as I have no idea what my schedule will be once I get into Vegas. But there will be a post, and the following week I’ll cover everything I missed from Thursday and Friday along with that week’s posts.
I like Ikea furniture, and I love cats, so this is a great mix indeed!
Want to be featured in Fetching Friday posts?
Looking for some link love? Articles featured in the resources come primarily from people I interact with in the comments, and on the social networks. So comment away (DoFollow, CommentLuv, and KeywordLuv enabled), and join me on the networks below, and if your article/photo/video catches my eye, it may appear in following Fetching Friday posts.