This post is part of a weekly series, Fetching Friday, featuring the best posts of the week in blogging, making money online, SEO, and social media on kikolani.com.
Have Your Registered for Blog World Yet?
If you haven’t registered already, your window for savings is almost closed. All passes are discounted until September 21st – that’s a savings of $300 off the full access pass, $50 off the 1 or 2-day passes, and $100 off of the virtual ticket but only if you register in the next six days.
14 confirmed keynote and session speakers are currently on the homepage as well as details about the highly anticipated monetization track which can be found on the Blog World blog. You can read the reasons I’m looking forward to going in my Why I’m Attending Blog World post which highlights my best experiences from last year’s event in Vegas.
Plus you can still use my discount code KIKOLANI20 for an additional 20% off. So what are you waiting for?? Register now and let me know you’re going too so I can add you to my BWELA Twitter list!
The Resources Mashup
Blogging / Writing
- 7 Tips for Creating Posts That Will Spread on Social Media – If you want a post that is going to spread like wildfire, you have to consider the following when creating your content to ensure that your post will be given extra social media love.
- Writing Ergonomics: Top Tips for Proper Posture, Alignment, and Movement – Freelance writers, bloggers, and all who work on computers: read these ergonomics tips for proper body posture/position, alignment, and movement.
- 46 Brilliant Bloggers Talk About Triberr – Members are starting to talk about their experiences with Triberr on their blogs, so today, the author shares with you some brilliant posts about Triberr.
- 6 Steps to Instantly Connect With Your Blog Readers – The first in the 6-part series on how to create bite-sized content your readers will devour and share.
- 25 Useful Free WordPress Plugins For Multi-Author Blogs – 25 WordPress plugins that will help you run a multi-author site quicker and more efficiently.
Business / Making Money Online
- How I Sold a Million Books on Amazon in 5 Months – Whether you want to selld a book or a cupcake, the principles Locke talks about hold true.
- The Best Ways for Modern Writers to Make Money (Especially Online) – Working freelance means you must always keep your eyes open to new opportunities and remain relatively flexible with what youâ€™re willing to write about.
- Why You Should Dress to Impress â€“ The ROI of Fashion – There is a huge ROI in wearing nice clothesâ€¦ especially in the business world.
- How to Avoid the SPAM Folder in 10 Easy Steps – If your marketing results suffer because you struggle to reach inbox space consistently, keep reading and learn 10 foolproof steps for avoiding the SPAM folder.
- Failure Is Not Fatalâ€¦Or Is It? (The Home Based Business Dilemma) – When done strategically, failure is not fatal. You wonâ€™t risk your home, your savings or your well being.
Graphic Design / Web Design
- 45+ Free Lessons In Graphic Design Theory – Included are general theories, theories about user experience and usability, typographic theory, layout and grid theory, and color theory.
- The Guide To CSS Animation: Principles and Examples – The author works through an example of CSS animation, building up the animation using the principles of traditional animation.
- 40 Examples of Incredibly Pleasing Brochure Designs – Expect to raise your creativity as you get inpired of multiple brochure designs in this latest release.
- 40 New Free Fonts for Your Designs – This post will show you popular, artistic and most importantly free downloadable font types to save your time searching them online.
- 50 Most Influential Designers in America – Interactive infographic of makers exerting influence through their work.
Personal Development / Productivity
- How to Live a Life with No Regrets – When we learn from our mistakes, we can move on and let our regrets go.
- 50 Natural Ways To Boost Your Energy – Some healthy, natural ways to boost your energy and stay awake and alert when you must.
- The Secret of Personal Development – What is the secret of personal development? How do we find the drive to continually develop as individuals? Find these answers here.
- How to Live a Happy Life
- 21 Things to Do on a 1 Day Vacation – You are probably thinking that 1 day away from your job is not enough. However, donâ€™t underestimate the power of a day off to recharge your internal batteries.
Search Engines / SEO
- 50 Google Analytics Resources â€“ The 2011 Edition – The following are 50 resources to help you get to know Google Analytics inside and out, from the new version, latest updates, social engagement tracking, advanced hacks, and much more!
- Hard Thoughts About SEO & Link Bait – If you to create the perfect viral link bait, people keep sharing and sharing until everyone on the Internet sees your creation.
- How to Use Keyword Research for New Product Development – Have you ever thought about using keyword research to guide new product development? Learn how to find out what customers want using Google Suggest.
- Moving A WordPress Site To A New Domain: A Complete Step-By-Step Guide – This tutorial will guide you through the exact step by step procedure involved in moving a WordPress blog/site to a new domain.
- How to Turn Accidental Search Engine Traffic Into Loyal Readership – How to reverse engineer a high Google ranking on your website or blog post into a smart list-building strategy and future monetization opportunity.
- Brand Anchor Text â€“ A Link Building Hypothetical – A webmaster allows you to host a link on their site, but they refuse any anchor text that isnâ€™t the exact name of your website. They will link to you anywhere on the domain, which has a balanced site architecture, and is semantically linked to your business. This is most of the post, but the best parts are in the comments!
Social Media / Social Networking
- One Simple Little Button that Will Get You More Pageviews? – If you want more pageviews on your blog without really having to do anything, this author has got something pretty darn cool to show you!
- Twitter SEO? Think Twylah – Twylah is a new Twitter service which allows you to create a custom brand page for your tweets – and, in doing so, receive tremendous SEO and other benefits.
- 15 Tips To Optimize Your LinkedIn Initiative – Here are some of the author’s favorite tips to get the most out of your LinkedIn experience.
- 22 Social Media Alerts Your Business Should Be Using – One of the easiest ways businesses can take advantage of social media is by establishing alerts that cover a wide range of topics.
- 34 Google+ Resources for Your Business: Advice from the Pros – Google+ tips and resources to improve your Google+ experience and understand how to incorporate Google+ into your social media marketing.
Photo of the Week
This weekâ€™s top photo is from Sedona, Arizona and is a composition of Cathedral Rock with a quaint little house / shed out front.
Matt Cutts Special Video Message
I warn you, there’s a tiny hint of NSFW in this video, but overall it’s quite funny and best appreciated by not watching – only listening.