This post is part of a weekly series, Fetching Friday, featuring the best posts of the week in blogging, business, freelancing, SEO, and social media on kikolani.com.
The Resources Mashup
Blogging / Content
- The SPELL IT OUT Technique: 5 Critical Moments to Educate Your Readers – In this post Iâ€™m going to introduce the SPELL IT OUT technique for educating your readers. Hopefully by following these tips youâ€™ll increase conversions, subscribers and your loyal following.
- Define and Align: A Manageable Content and Social Media Marketing Process – An 8 step content marketing process from analyzing the social climate to measuring results.
- How to Schedule Posts Effectively – Learn how to manage your blog when you’re away.
- 7 Tips To Speed Up Your Blog Page Load Time – Blog visitors are key to success of your blog and as a blogger it is your job to increase visitor numbers. One way to attract more visitors is to speed up your blog load time and create a faster, more efficient, and improved visitor experience.
- A Cheat Sheet for Optimizing Your WordPress Blog for Search Enginesâ€¦ Without Cheating – This handy guide will walk you through what settings you need to pay attention to, and what you need to do on your WordPress blog to get more search engine traffic.
Business / Career
- The Ultimate Guide To Hitting The Front Page on SlideShare – Today, if youâ€™ve never had the pleasure of generating more traffic, leads, and sales to your business from PowerPoint presentations (yes, you read that correctly), Iâ€™d like to be the first guy to introduce you to the powers of SlideShare.
- 9 Top-Notch Industry Conferences No Marketer Should Miss – Find the best marketing conferences and events to attend, and learn what makes them so great!
- 25+ Professional Resources for Improving Your Presentation Skills – If you had great presentation skills, maybe you could become one of those industry leaders who speaks at conferences. And get bigger, juicier projects than the ones youâ€™re working on now. Think of it this way: become a better speaker, make more money. There are loads of useful resources that will help in this article.
- The Ultimate Guide to Creating a Positive Brand Image for Online Reputation Management – The thing to keep in mind is that online reputation management is one of those things that works better if you implement it before you actually need it. The following are ways to build a positive online reputation before you need it or start building positive online properties to outrank negative news and reviews
- 21 Internet Marketing Stats That Will Blow Your Mind – Peruse through some seriously shocking marketing data and statistics.
- Freelance Blogging: How to Exploit a Key Factor that is Central to Your Success – Blogging is a very different beast to other forms of writing, and you may not realize that it pairs beautifully with a highly efficient writing process. With that in mind, today I want to show you what I do to produce blog posts in double-quick time and how you can too.
- 25 Things Freelancers Can Do When Everyone Else Is On Vacation – Use other people’s time off to get a jump on your writing business. Here’s how.
- Celebrate Freedom With My Ultimate Freelance Writersâ€™ Answer Post – A compendium of all the mailbag-answer posts Iâ€™ve done in the 4-year history of this blog. Thereâ€™s a wide range of topics covered here and more than 30 questions answered â€” ought to have something liberating for everyone.
- 3 Strategies for Determining a Project Budget for Clients – Pricing is often the final factor that determines if a client you are pursuing will hire your freelance services. When it comes time to pricing your services, how do you put together a package that provides your client with an accurate projected budget?
- Why All Freelancers Really Need a LinkedIn Profile – In this post, Iâ€™ll discuss some of the benefits freelancers can find from using LinkedIn. Iâ€™ll also share some additional resources where you can learn more about using LinkedIn for your freelancing business.
Personal Development / Productivity
- Yes, You Can Stay on Top of Email – When you are not on top of your email, you feel out of control. Becoming an email ninja is therefore an essential survival skill. But in my opinion, making the investment is well-worth the effort.
- Why Experimenting is the Best Thing You Can Do for Your Career â€“ And Your Life – Hereâ€™s why experimenting is the best thing you can do for yourself, no matter where you are in your career.
- 7 Habits of Highly Creative Minds – Whether youâ€™re stuck in a creative rut or you want to maximize your creative thinking potential, here are the habits of creative thinkers to learn from.
- 75 Happiness Quotes to Live By – Here are 75 happiness quotes gathered from our sister site, Everyday Life Lessons, to brighten your day and move your mindset in a positive direction.
- A Confession and How to Turn Things Around When You Lose Balance – On restarting and losing balance: A confession on what happens when you stop following your own advice and what you can do about it.
Search Engines / SEO
- How Twitter’s Bad SEO Affects your Brand Reputation Management – I’ll start with a simple question: have you ever thought that linking to your Twitter profile can be very difficult? Probably your answer is “not really!”, and in this case maybe you could find what I’m going to show you useful.
- On-site SEO Factors for 2012 According to 17 Industry Experts – Iâ€™ve tapped some answers from top SEO experts/practitioners/industry leaders regarding the 3 most important on-page factors right now, in 2012.
- Three Free Keyword Research Tools – These tools are not a substitute for detailed keyword research like I talked about in my first series of articles. Rather, they may help to either identify those keywords that are most important to your competitors, or help find obscure opportunities where there may be little search volume, but there is also little competition.
- 131 (Legitimate) Link Building Strategies – What follows is a list and discussion of 131 (legitimate) link building tactics, some of which worked just as well 10 years ago as they do today.
- Google Panda Update Up Close [Infographic] – In this infoographic, we visually explore the timeline of the Google Panda update. Take a look and learn what the update was designed to do.
Social Media / Social Networking
- 12 Tips When Using Facebook Promoted Posts – Everything you need to know about this new advertising tool to reach and connect with your Facebook fans.
- 20 Useful Apps To Get The Most Out Of Instagram – Here is a list of 20 apps, named in one variation or the other that can help you get more out of Instagram.
- Social Media Privacy in The Workplace: Is There Any? Unfortunately, however, the number of specific laws on workplace monitoring/privacy is small. And, thus, â€œit dependsâ€ arises quite frequently.
- 6 Elements of a â€œStickyâ€ Pinterest Campaign – Chip Heath and Dan Heath write that sticky ideas â€” ones that capture the imagination of people and change the behavior of the group they are meant to influence â€” have the following factors in common.
- 3 Tips to Manage Your Social Media Reputation – What you need to know to develop and manage your brands’ social media reputation online.