This post is part of a weekly series, Fetching Friday, featuring the best posts of the week in blogging, making money online, SEO, and social media on kikolani.com.
The Resources Mashup
Blogging / Writing
- How to Write Good Blog Posts on Boring Topics – What do you do when the business or service you are promoting is not something you think anybody will want to read about?
- Seven Key Steps for Finding, Evaluating, and Implementing Good Ideas – A concise list of how you can find, evaluate, and implement good ideas for writing, business, and the rest of your life.
- The Ultimate Writer’s Guide to Blogging Part I and Part II – Whatever type of writer you’re aiming to be, a blog should be central to your strategy. This series is the perfect guide to blogging for writers.
- Blogging: Why You Hit A Brick Wall (And What To Do About It) – What to do if you’re feeling let down and wondering if you made the wrong decision to get into blogging.
- What Do the Top 100 Blogs Actually Blog About? – 21 categories or topics that the blogs focus on. Every one of the Technorati Top 100 blogs fits into one of those categories.
Business / Career
- Seven Tips for Creating Killer Product Pages – Read this post on how you can improve your e-commerce product page to be big time converters!
- 15 Ways to Avoid Bad Online Reviews – 15 things you can do today to help prevent an online reputation disaster in the future.
- What Being an Advisor to 17 Companies Taught Me Learn the ins and outs of being an advisor, and whether you would want to be one for other companies.
- 69 Top Negotiating Tips for Businesses – Experts weigh in on the top strategies for negotiating with vendors, negotiating with service providers, and getting the most favorable deal terms in business overall.
- How We Use Google Analytics To Improve Our Online Store – Checking your traffic levels is both fun and rewarding but ultimately Analytics is about tracking specific metrics that will allow you to improve both the engagement and conversion rate of your website.
Graphic Design / Web Design
- 26 Popular Business Card Designs for Startup Entrepreneurs – 26 examples including designers, freelancers, and some popular startups who have created very inspirational and eye-catching business card layouts.
- 30 Free Grunge Fonts You Can Use on the Web – The top 30 out of the thousands of grunge fonts available for free online.
- How Metrics Can Make You A Better Designer – By incorporating analytics and A/B testing into design process, you can improve the business outcome of redesign and get better at design.
- 12 Useful WordPress Coding Snippets And Hacks – Useful functions and hacks to get even more from WordPress.
- 15+ Inspirational Examples of Website Redesign – Examples of redesigned websites that might inspire you as you work on your own redesign projects.
Personal Development / Productivity
- How to Live Without Debt and Be in Charge of Your Finances – A debt-free financially liberating program and the author’s 9 tips to your financial freedom.
- 5 Things to Know Before Leaping Without a Net – Sometimes the biggest mistakes pave the path for the greatest joy. Here are 5 lessons I learned when I lost my way.
- 300 Reasons to Be Happy – The happiest people are the ones who practice gratitude and focus on loving life consistently (along with having goals and making progress towards them).
- Why Curiosity Is The Way To A Better Life – In this post, Tom Meitner explores why curiosity is the answer to escaping an unfulfilled life.
- Detect Daily Anxiety Symptoms To Avoid Energy Leakage – Do you find life rather stressful nowadays? Do you experience daily anxiety? How have you been handling your anxiety symptoms?
Search Engines / SEO
- 5 Search Engine Optimization Strategies to Rank for Highly Competitive Keywords – Other methods that you can use to make your site’s pages visible through search engines.
- The 20-Minute (Or Less) SEO Audit & INFOGRAPHIC – Sniffing out most of a website’s basic search-engine-optimization problems can be done in 20 minutes or less if you know what you’re doing. Here are the essentials for an effective and fast SEO audit.
- Need a Domain Suffix or Prefix? Here are 30 Ideas – Finding a good domain name for your online business or blog can be a tough task these days. It seems like every decent domain name has already been taken. The situation is not that hopeless because you can use a domain suffix (or prefix) and put it after (or before) your ideal phrase when you register a new domain.
- 5 Free SEO Tools You Need To Discover – Automated SEO power in your hands (or at least on your screen).
- 62 Steps to the Definitive Link Building Campaign – 62 steps to the definitive link building campaign including strategy, management, metrics, prospect hunting, content creation, promotion, and more.
Social Media / Social Networking
- Facebook vs. Google+: All The Latest Updates In The Battle To Win YOU Over – Facebook and Google Plus battle for world domination, here is the list of the latest updates before the F8 Developer Conference started.
- The Complete 101 Guide To The Biggest Changes In Facebook’s History – What was presented is a huge change to the way in which you experience Facebook, extending way beyond a simple design change, into a complete change to infrastructure at Facebook.
- Basic SEO for Facebook Fan Pages – If you want to keyword optimize your Facebook fan page, these are the areas that actually pull SEO elements from your page’s content for additional optimization.
- The Power 150 Real Numbers Revealed – A look at the actual social power behind the top 25 blogs in the AdAge Power 150 marketing list.
- 34 Awesome Twitter Ideas for Engaging Your Prospects – Ever wonder what you should say on Twitter? Here are 34 ways you can engage your target audience on this social media platform.
Photo of the Week
This week’s top photo is a dedication to one large, loveable kitty!
Who wouldn’t want to travel after seeing this video….