This post is part of a weekly series, Fetching Friday, featuring the best posts of the week in blogging, business, freelancing, SEO, and social media on kikolani.com.
The Resources Mashup
Blogging / Writing
- A Systematic Approach to Writing Successful Blog Posts – Your blogging success depends heavily on the success of your blog posts. If you can systematize your blogging, you can create a more reliable path to whatever you’ve defined as success.
- Redesigning Your Blog to Drive Reader Behavior – Jay Baer maps out the blog redesign for Convince & Convert, and how blog redesign should yield desired behaviors among readers of his popular social media blog.
- The Secrets Behind Content With 10,000+ Shares – What makes content go viral? Learn the 5 key traits shared by the Web’s most popular content.
- How Should You Handle Expired Content – Expired content is content on a website that is only relevant for a limited period of time. Here are examples of different scenarios that would need to be considered expired content and what you can do about them.
- 20 Ways to Kill Your Writer’s Block Forever – Here are my 20 best tips for defeating writer’s block and getting the writing done.
Business / Career
- 35 Beautiful Landing Page Design Examples to Drool Over [With Critiques] – This post is all about showcasing awesome landing pages, to give you some inspiration for your next design. It’s worth stating that no page is ever perfect – or conversely, every page can be better.
- Introducing The Remora Method: Earn a Side Income of $500/Week (or More) – There are a group of people who are consistently earning money with a strategy that is the complete opposite of what most people do. Find out what it is.
- How The Mobile Version Of Our Online Store Has Performed Along With Some Real Data To Back It Up – While I’m going to show you some actual data taken from my mobile ecommerce site along with some of my observations, today’s article is actually only going to be part 1 of a 3 part series about my experiences in the world of mobile website creation.
- 5 Ways to De-Clutter Your Website For Better Conversion Rates – How to de-clutter your website and improve conversion rates in 5 simple steps.
- Why Marketers Should Invest in Visual Content Creation – Learn why visual content is a critical part of your content creation strategy.
- New Freelance Writer Community: About Writing Squared – Interview with Anne Wayman and Lori Widmer, the founders of About Writing Squared: The Supportive Community for Freelance Writers and Other Creatives.
- 5 Tips to Ensure Maximum Performance When Working for Multiple Clients – Here is a secret that most freelancers who have been in the business for a while are aware of: You won’t reach full earning potential until you move past this fear of handling multiple clients, simply because you waste time that could be broken up among multiple orders trying to find one new project at a time.
- How Freelancers and Other Writers Can Use Pinterest – Are you using Pinterest? If not, you could be giving up a new outlet for showcasing your writing, whether you’re a freelancer or author, or do other type of writing.
- 65 Fresh and Creative Portfolio Website Designs for Inspiration – We spent the last few weeks to compile this list of highly beautiful, creative and most importantly inspirational portfolio designs which might help you to get inspired with their past work and gives you bright directions for your next project.
- Freelance Tasks To Do Without the Internet – Yes, the internet is essential for many of our tasks, but we often forget that quite a few of these can, and maybe even should, be done without it. The next time you can’t connect, don’t get mad – get efficient.
Personal Development / Productivity
- Travel with Confidence: How to End Your Excuses and Go – How many years will you be waiting to take your dream trip? And what exactly is making you wait?
- How Podcasts Can Fuel Your Personal Growth – Podcasts have become an indispensable part of my personal growth strategy. Here’s why you should take advantage of them and how you can get started quickly.
- Why People Suck at Getting Healthy and What to Do About It – Today, you’re gonna learn why most people suck at getting in shape, and how to avoid that trap.
- 12 Questions to Ask Yourself to Simplify Your Life – Asking yourself the following questions will help you get clear on your priorities, be honest with yourself, and hopefully, make steps towards a more balanced and simple life.
- 10 Commandments for Happy Relationships – Happy, healthy personal relationships are one of the greatest joys of life. So starting today, choose to take control of your relationship with your significant other. Here are ten commandments to follow together.
Search Engines / SEO
- How to Track, Analyze, and Improve Your SEO Strategy – Learn how you can make actionable improvements to your SEO strategy by looking at your marketing analytics.
- How Accurate are Alexa, Compete, DoubleClick and Google Trends – Back in January, SEOmoz did a test of free statistics services like Alexa, Compete, DoubleClick, and Google Trends. Their conclusion was that the visitor data provided by these services did not match their own analytics. I tried these services again to see what value they really have to offer.
- 18 Advanced Link Building Secrets – When link building experts Patrick Altoft, Kristjan Hauksson and Mikel deMib Svendsen got together this year at London SES, the result was an insight into the world of advanced link building Here is what these experts had to say.
- Steps to Take After Receiving an Unnatural Links Warning from Google Webmaster Tools – If you’ve received this warning recently, your situation is a bit like one of those “Chose Your Own Adventure” books—Which door will you choose?
- 7 Link Building Mistakes You Ought to Avoid – Some significant changes have been made through those updates that can affect your link-building strategy. So let’s explore those changes and others to help you maintain if not increase your rankings.
Social Media / Social Networking
- Famous Bloggers and Internet Marketers Facebook Timeline Images – I thought it would be a cool idea to feature some of the top names in the industry and see what pictures they are using for their Facebook accounts. As you will see, the majority of images are quite personable, while some are used for branding and marketing of their companies, brands and web sites.
- 5 Tips for Managing Your Community on Google+ – Today I want to show you five ways you can use Google+ to engage more with you community, all the while helping your site and brand page show up more in searches.
- Facebook Custom Tabs Are Not Dead, They’re More Alive Than Ever – Why you need to create multiple tabs and how to use a tab as a landing page.
- 15 Essential Twitter Chats for Social Media Marketers – If you want a few tips on how to best create a great chat on Twitter, here are 15 hashtags that fit the bill.
- 5 Top Google+ Tools and Apps for Marketing Pros – The tools you need to enhance your marketing, manage and promote your Google+ business community.
Photo of the Week
One thing I didn’t expect to find while out hiking in Sedona was a little bit of urbex heaven. Yet, here I was, standing inside this little rundown building, looking at two perfectly aligned doorways.
A lovely timelapse shot in my home state!