This post is part of a weekly series, Fetching Friday, featuring the best posts of the week in blogging, business, freelancing, SEO, and social media on kikolani.com.
The Resources Mashup
Blogging / Content
- 45 Ways to Create an Enchanting Blog that Inspires Your Audience to Buy – It may sound difficult but it really isnâ€™t. Youâ€™re about to learn how to captivate your audience and show youâ€™re an authority, and then inspire your audience to buy.
- Find Guest Post Opportunities With One Powerful Query – Most how to find guest post opportunities rely on doing multile queries. This post shows you how to get to those opportunities with just one powerful query.
- WordPress Tutorials for Beginners â€“ 25 of the Webâ€™s Best – As WordPress enters a stage of maturity, so do the numerous great WordPress resources that help us do our jobs better and easier than ever before. The below 25 articles are some of the webâ€™s best â€“ curated from some of the top websites for WordPress online.
- How to Beat 7 Common Self-Publishing Fears – You keep telling yourself that you will write an ebook someday â€¦ just not yet. And itâ€™s almost certainly the case that one of the seven common fears in this article is holding you back.
- 46 Ways to Kill It With Content – Manipulative techniques are being rendered redundant. Now is the time to embrace change. Creating killer content will lead that charge. Check out this list of quick-fire actions filled with ideas to help grow your investment in valuable content.
Business / Career
- How To Create A High Converting Landing Page – In this post weâ€™ll learn how to construct a high converting landing page by examining the anatomy of a landing page and some landing page examples critiqued for conversion.
- How To Create A Killer Marketing Plan For Your Book Launch – 9 simple steps to make sure the Internet is paying attention on launch day.
- Using Honest Social Proof to Go Viral – All types of social proof can increase sales or engagement. Now the question is, â€œwhat are you going to do with that information?â€
- The 31 Habits of the Worldâ€™s Best Connectors – Whether they know it or not, the people who connect better than anyone in the world, all follow the same set of habits. May these become a way of life.
- How to Use Question and Answer Networks to Find Content Ideas, Build Authority, and Drive Traffic – Learn how to use question and answer networks to find content ideas, build authority in your industry, and drive traffic to your website.
- How to Use Blogging to Market Your Freelance Business – Before discussing the types of blogging and specific tips for each, I will discuss blogging techniques that apply to all and finally end with advice on using social media tips to reinforce your blogging efforts.
- 20 Must Have Tools for Freelance Writers – From working with startups to established small businesses, all of these tools have made the process smoother and helped in increasing my returns multiple times over.
- Get Paid What Youâ€™re Worth: 37 Negotiation Tactics for Every Freelance Writer – A freelance copywriter has to negotiate — making a living depends on it . But it doesn’t have to be hard.
- The Successful Writerâ€™s 10-Step Guide to Making Editors Happy – These days, I also sit on the other side of the desk, as editor for guest posts on my own writersâ€™ blog. Hereâ€™s my guide to not just breaking in but becoming the â€œgo-toâ€ writer for your editors.
- The Low-Budget Guide to Marketing Your Blog as a Freelance Writer – Having a blog is essential for freelance writers, but a blog alone won’t do the trick. You need marketing, and here’s how to do it on low-budget.
Search Engines / SEO
- How Many SEO Consultants Actually Know What They’re Talking About – At SEOmoz, we find ourselves pleasantly surprised day after day by the array of high-quality SEOs that make our industry such a wonderful place to be. Unfortunately, the time finally came where we had to ask ourselves the nagging questions looming over our industry: where was all this negative noise coming from?
- The On-Page SEO Recipe for Peak Inbound Marketing Efficiency – Today, Iâ€™m going to show you how to set up your websiteâ€™s â€œon-page SEOâ€ the right way, so that your overall SEO strategy will be operating at peak efficiency for the life of your website.
- An Easy-to-Understand Link Building Plan to Help You Recover from Penguin and Panda – The question for you as a blogger or website owner is this: how do you recover and thrive in this new SEO landscape? What are some of the link-building tactics you should engage to capitalize on these changes? This guide will help you answer those questionsâ€¦and more.
- Infographic: How To Do Keyword Research For SEO – Understanding that each page has its own terms to target, brainstorming possible terms, researching with the Google Keyword Tool and more are covered.
- Staying One Step Ahead of Google Updates – Although no-one can predict the future or every release Google plan to make, Iâ€™ve compiled a few tips from our experienced strategy team to show you how we keep ahead of Google updates.
Social Media / Social Networking
- What You Need to Know About the New LinkedIn Company Page Design & Lead Generation – Here are the things you need to know to help build your companyâ€™s presence on LinkedIn and increase your lead generation.
- 50+ Creative Twitter Headers for Your Inspiration – Get inspired by these 50+ twitter header examples and learn to stand out from your competitors. Create the ‘WOW’ factor your Twitter page needs for brand visibility.
- 10 Steps to a Rockin’ Get a Grip on Social Media Plan! | The Marketing Nut – 10 easy steps to help you organize and get a grip on your social media efforts. Integrate social media into the DNA of your business, align to business goals.
- 3 Tips for Using LinkedIn’s New Endorsements – How should you take advantage of this new feature? Before you send a mass email asking your entire network for endorsements, remember that networking — first and foremost — is about connecting people with value.
- A Marketer’s Guide to Nailing the Timing & Frequency of Social Media Updates – How to optimize the timing and frequency of your social media updates based on best practices and the nuances of your particular audience.
Share Your Best Blog Posts
Every week on Friday, I start a thread on the Social Media Examiner Blogging Club so members can share their favorite blog post of the week. It’s free to join, so sign up, find today’s best blog post thread, and share your proudest blogging achievement of the week!
Photo of the Week
This weekâ€™s top photo comes from an early morning at the Grand Canyon.
Geo-location technology built into your brain plus a tail? An interesting concept…