This post is part of a weekly series, Fetching Friday, featuring the resources mashup and a new search engine news community on kikolani.com.
The Resources Mashup
Blogging / Writing
- Entrepreneurs: blogging requires committment – are you ready to dedicate time to content, distribution, interaction, and metrics to have a successful blog.
- How blogging can change your life – a look into the journey of a blogger from the beginning to where to go next.
- How to get your guest post pitch noticed – 10 key ways you can become a great guest blogger.
- The importance of a content marketing playground – creating a stage where no one is watching to build up your creativity.
- 8 silly ways to anger fellow bloggers – don’t do these things if you want to keep your readers.
- Facebook quietly implemented a de-facto follow feature – this makes it a two step process to turn down unwanted friend requests.
- How to receive email notification from fan pages – a look at some apps and ways you can get notifications for updates on your fan page wall.
- Is marketing your business on Facebook effective? A look at four Facebook success stories.
- One killer tactic to boost your Facebook Ad performance – discover the responder demographics report.
- Managing multiple Facebook fan pages with HootSuite – simple steps to get all of your pages in one place.
- The ultimate guide to link valuation – a detailed seven step process for determining a link’s value.
- 5 linking strategies for the holiday season – some tips on how to get the edge over your competitors during the holidays.
- Unlikely sources for great link worthy content ideas – using Wikipedia citations, academic reports, and more to develop link worth content.
- How to rank better by removing links – why SEOs need to manage a link profile as well as continue to build quality links.
- Will linking to banned sites hurt you? Interesting survey results.
Making Money Online / Online Marketing
- 5 invisible forces behind effective online marketing – a great free report on the nonverbal aspects of online marketing that you must take advantage of to be successful.
- Punch your website visitors in the face – how not to mess around and sell more stuff on your website. (This article is not to be confused with usability fails which makes customers want to punch your site in the face!)
- How to customize a branded Paypal checkout – great tutorial for anyone selling products or services via Paypal.
- How to turn your blog into a lead generation machine – covers post titles, frequency, funneling traffic, and more.
- 15 tips for those who want to make money online – there is not a “magic pill” or secret, but this post does give a great guideline to follow.
Personal Development / Productivity
- 33 ways to care – remember how to care for others.
- Are we missing the beauty around us – includes an interesting experiment on how people are so busy they fail to notice something amazing.
- 4 types of action – the four kinds of actions we are responsible for, and what can we do that we are proud of vs. making excuses for.
- What is your inner dialogue? Listening to your self talk and learning to evaluate it.
- Is positive thinking a waste of time? The misconception about positive thinking, and what it is really all about.
Search Engines / SEO / Analytics
- 6 ways to ensure better rankings in Google Instant results – how to use keywords, local search marketing, and social media marketing to rank well in the new results.
- 53 resources for first time SEOs – a great list of blogs, tools, forums, and conferences to help you learn more about SEO.
- Do you make any of these simple SEO mistakes – a few beyond the basic SEO mistakes that people make, from not learning what works to focusing on quantity over quality.
- How to make the most out of Google Places – learn how to use what was formerly the Google Local Business Center to get the most out of local search.
- Find out what your visitors are asking using Webmaster Tools –
Social Media / Social Networking
- How to create the optimal press release in social media – how to create press releases that social media readers will love to share.
- How to coax social media insights from Google Analytics – learn how you are doing socially with these methods.
- How to setup your Google Profile for Buzz users – just like you have a great profile for Twitter and Facebook, this guide will help you have a great profile for Google Buzz as well.
- 5 great social media infographics – helpful for small busineses looking to understand social media.
- 10 of the best recent social media tutorials on the web – topics include LinkedIn, ROI, content, deleting accounts, pitching your boss, and more.
- 10 fun Twitter apps you may not have heard of – I haven’t heard of any of them, so that made it an enoyable list.
- 10 tips for driving Twitter traffic to your blog – covers use of effective headlines, who to follow, influence, and more.
- 5 underused Twitter clients – beyond Tweetdeck, CoTweet, and HootSuite.
- 10 controversial Twitter how to issues – from thanking everyone for tweets, retweeting, and injecting personality.
- Twitter is releasing a real time analytics solution in Q4 – this will be huge for marketers trying to justify their budget!
- Setup a pre-launch site with FlipTimer – WordPress plugin.
- 9 reasons to use WordPress – why WordPress users love this platform.
- How to add a shortcode in WordPress – this creates a simple call for a code, such as [adsense] to put Adsense ads in the middle of a post.
- How to prevent your WordPress blog from being hacked – great tips you should start implementing today to keep your site secure.
- How to customize your login logo – a great way to brand WordPress based membership sites or sites with multiple authors.
Miss Voting on Sphinn? Get SERPD!
For all of you who loved being able to voice your opinion about news in the Internet marketing and search engine world, but have sadly lost your say on Sphinn, why not check out SERPd! Created by Chris Burns and Gerald Weber, this new and quickly growing community is like the Digg (but better) for stories on SEO, PPC, SEM, Social Media, Link Building, Analytics, and much more.
The >staff at SERPD is pretty awesome too and includes some familiar names like yours truly, Kaila from Vertical Measure’s link building team, Hesham from Famous Bloggers, Ann Smarty, David Harry aka theGypsy, Jennifer Van Iderstyne, and Harsh from ShoutMeLoud. So if you haven’t already, check out SERPd now and start submitting and voting on your favorite Internet marketing news.
Where Pop and Sci-Fi Meet
If you ever wondered what Kesha and William Shatner have in common, wonder no more. (Regardless of whether you like the song, or Star Trek, this person did a great job matching up scenes with lyrics.)
Want to be featured in Fetching Friday posts?
Looking for some link love? Articles featured in the resources come primarily from people I interact with in the comments, and on the social networks. So comment away (DoFollow, CommentLuv, and KeywordLuv enabled), and join me on the networks below, and if your article/photo/video catches my eye, it may appear in following Fetching Friday posts.