This post is part of a weekly series, Fetching Friday, featuring the resources mashup, a great discount code for November, and life on Facebook on kikolani.com.
The Resources Mashup
Blogging / Writing
- The 10 most effective things you can do to build traffic – the best tips offered by readers.Â
- 5 ways to measure your online reputation as a blogger – what really counts beyond the stats.
- The new rules for winning the blog game – kissing digital babies, strategizing like Napoleon, and more.
- 7 blogging and writing lessons from Blog World – definitely some of the top tips from the experts!
- What benefist do you get from blogging networks? Great question posed by the post, and interesting discussion about the benefits of blogger specific networks.
- 11 reasons why you need to get a Like button – pretty comprehensive reasoning that is likely to convince everyone.
- Is Facebook missing 370 million users? A look at logins vs. unique visitors.
- Learn what your Facebook profile looks like to others – make sure your private information is really private.
- 5 ways to create welcome tabs for Facebook – a look at five applications.
- Facebook’s EdgeRank and how to stop it from filtering out your friends in the news feed.
- How to get your community to build links for you – ways to motivate your community to link to you with badges, leaderboards, and more.
- Link building tips for personal blogs – directories, forums, guest posting, and more.
- 10 tips for developing better internal link architecture –
- 28 link building suggestions – the what, whom, and how to utilize for link building efforts.
- Can I get 5,000 links please? Stories from the world of freelance link building.
Making Money Online / Online Marketing
- Affiliate marketing for beginners – an interview with Corbett Barr.
- Faking Adsense earnings and why you can’t even trust video “proof” – I wonder how many people do this to convince others of their expertise in making money online as well.
- How to increase sales with video marketing – interview with James Wedmore on video sales letters and their effectiveness.
- Ways to make money blogging – a look at the monetization of FamousBloggers.com.
- 21 entrepreneurs reveal why people fail to build a profitable business – great advice on how not to fail at making money.
Personal Development / Productivity
- Goals are not wishful thinking – how to set personal goals and follow through.
- Embrace changes of season with 9 promises – a look at how to keep a warm heart during the cold season.
- 7 simple ways to be happier – listening to your inner child, being grateful, and more.
- Inspirational words: life acceptance vs change – why practicing acceptance does not mean giving up change.
- 12 tips to make your to-do list actually work.
Search Engines / SEO / Analytics
- The best SEO tip – search engine optimization, link building, etc. is all about trust!
- Implications of Google instant preview – guess what? Design will matter a whole lot more now, and goodbye Flash!
- Microsites vs one large website – an SEO argument for each type of site.
- Removing pages from Google: a comprehensive guide – what you need to know when something you don’t want showing up on search from your website.
- 30 ways to use Blekko for search and SEO – a guide for power users.
- The YouTube SEO cheat sheet for Pubcon – 12 tips for video SEO.
Social Media / Social Networking
- Why social media is a better investment than SEO – eight reasons bloggers should focus on social networking.
- How to get the most from a small business social media presence – 12 tips from the experts.
- 10 do’s and don’ts for being a good social media citizen – tips especially geared for social bookmarking networks.
- How to use StumbleUpon: a comprehensive guide to using StumbleUpon, including how to find followers.
- Want to lead corporate social strategy? Read this report on the career path of the corporate social strategist.
- Why I auto follow and direct message on Twitter – my personal strategy, and how it works for me.
- Increase your influence with Twitter lists – a guide to how and why you should be using them!
- Calculating and improving your Twitter click through rate – a pretty in-depth way to analyze your tweet strategy and conversions.
- Building niche Twitter empires – the next Internet rush.
- Twitter tips for publishers – beyond the usual basics.
- Best celebrity Twitter accounts – 10 famous celebs on Twitter.
- Overview of SEO Data Transporter from StudioPress – the plug-in WordPress bloggers to transport SEO data between themes and plug-ins.
- 21 of the best magazine style WordPress themes.
- How to start a freelance business using WordPress – how to get out of the content mill.
- How to protect your WordPress from getting hacked – important steps to take as the hacking continues.
- WordPress adds feature for embedding tweets – a short review of Blackbird Pie.
Have you been interested in the getting the 31 Days to Building a Better Blog or Copywriting Scorecard for Bloggers guides by ProBlogger Darren Rowse? This is the best month to get them – use the code november25 to get 25% off these ebooks, good through November 30th.
See why I recommend them in my posts on how the 31 Days to Building a Better Blog course transformed my site and how to improve your writing and SEO for better blogging.
Life on Facebook
Kind of interesting to think of what our lives look like if you just analyze the constantly moving lifestream of updates.
Want to be featured in Fetching Friday posts?
Looking for some link love? Articles featured in the resources come primarily from people I interact with in the comments, and on the social networks. So comment away (DoFollow, CommentLuv, and KeywordLuv enabled), and join me on the networks below, and if your article/photo/video catches my eye, it may appear in following Fetching Friday posts.