This post is part of a weekly series, Fetching Friday, featuring the best posts of the week in blogging, business, freelancing, SEO, and social media on kikolani.com.
The Resources Mashup
Blogging / Content
- Conduct Unbecoming a Dull Writer: How to Write for Traffic – Is your content great? Or does it suck? How do you know? Learn how to write the kind of content that brings traffic and builds loyal readership.
- My 10-Step Strategy for Getting 1,000+ Views on EVERY Blog Post – A step-by-step strategy that we use here at BuzzBlogger.com for getting 1,000+ views on EVERY blog post.
- Outreach Specialistâ€™s Bible – Whether you are doing blogger outreach, guest posting, or old fashion public relations you need to know where to start, how to pitch, and some tools to help you scale your efforts efficiently. My goal with this material is to give you a source of information you can use to train your team to expand your connection creation efforts.
- The Ultimate Guide To YouTube Video Interview Production – Behind the scenes of how to create a professional YouTube video interview.
- 4 Proven Strategies for Finding a Wider Audience for Your Content – Content is the fuel of permission-based marketing, but it’s a futile exercise if you don’t get your content into the right hands.
Business / Career
- Top 20 TED Talks That Can Improve Your Life – TED talks have served to inspire, motivate and create action for many. Here are top 20 TED talks that can serve to improve your personal and work life.
- 4 Business Blogging Tips to Double Your Site Traffic – Learn how Block Imaging’s focus on content marketing through their blog increased sales and traffic.
- 15 Landing Page Examples Analyzed for Conversion (By a Honey Badger) – In this article weâ€™ll be taking a look at 15 landing pages and critique them for conversion; looking at the good, the bad, and the indifferent.
- 33 Stats That Paint a Picture of the Future of Marketing – Take a glimpse into the future of marketing with these inbound marketing statistics.
- 99 Lessons Learned as an Internet Entrepreneur – Over the last 14-years Iâ€™ve been a part of some amazing organizations. Some I started â€“ some I didnâ€™t, but there are some commonalities I have picked up on through these experiences. Perhaps you can find some value from the lessons Iâ€™ve learned.
- 20 Best Online Project Collaboration Apps for Freelancers – To help you make up your mind on what is the online project collaboration tool for your freelance business, this post will cover the most versatile and well-reputed services, while taking into account a series of important factors.
- 13 Top Books on How to Freelance as a Writer – If you want to know how to freelance as a writer – and be successful, check out this list of top books on how to freelance.
- 23 Ways to Destroy Your Freelance Writing Career Before You Begin – Freelance businesses can fall apart even faster without careful planning, because there are no bank loans or investors to back you up â€“ itâ€™s just you and your business. Are you going to make your business a true success? Or kill it before it gets off the ground?
- 11 Keys to Writing a Book when You Have Absolutely No Time to Write a Book – Here are 11 key steps to follow for writing and publishing a book â€”Â even if you don’t think you have the time to do either.
- 3 Ways To Get The Best Freelance Writing Gigs On Craigslist – Often disregarded as a poor quality platform for freelance writing jobs, Iâ€™ve seen some great success with Craigslist and there are three key steps I follow to ensure I get the most when searching for new projects.
Search Engines / SEO
- 79 Link Building Resources for 2012 – In the 2012 edition of link building resources, we will cover the big changes that have happened in the link building world as well as what works (and doesnâ€™t) when it comes to link building strategy.
- Lead from Within: 10 Strategies to Become a Successful In-House SEO – The art of being a successful in-house SEO and making a difference for your organization and your customers, constituents, and users.
- Keyword Research for Emerging Trends – Turns out, the most efficient and high margin niches are the ones that come from emerging trends â€“ those keywords that appear within your market but are not available at the onset.
- Donâ€™t Give Up! Finding Webmasters Who Donâ€™t Want to Be Found – Iâ€™m sure many of you have run into this problem â€“ youâ€™re trying to contact someone you have no means of contacting via their website, whose social profiles are automated and whose whois is locked down. If itâ€™s a candidate for link removal youâ€™re chasing, thereâ€™s a likelihood that this website has been deindexed, too. This presents some difficulties.
- How to Find Authority Websites & Get Links From Them – So where are these elusive authorities, how do you identify them and, most importantly, how do you go about snagging a link from one of them?
Social Media / Social Networking
- 7 Tips to Boost the Happiness Level of a Facebook Page – Packed with practical case studies from Facebook, learn the importance of Facebook Page happiness level, how you can boost it and improve engagement.
- 29 Companies Tell You How To Rock Social Media – Here, 29 companies tell us how they approach social media and what they recommend for others.
- 45 Signs You Need to Get a Grip on Your Social Media – Do you wish you had a social media policy? Have no idea what is being published when by your social media team? Have nightmares about a PR crisis or waking up to see a picture of you passed out at your desk on the cover of your Facebook timeline as a joke by your social media team?
- Social Media Loves Funny and Real – Social Media funny is a powerful thing, if you know how to use it. I share how to share funny social media pictures correctly.
- 18 Facebook Users You Should Subscribe To – Freshen up your Facebook intake with a little help from the country’s most innovative thought-leaders, entrepreneurs and journalists.
Photo of the Week
This weekâ€™s top photo comes from Yosemite. In one of the most beautiful parks, I wasn’t photographing the scenery. I was shooting the wildlife!
Be sure to check out my photography blog for more photos.
Otters Stacking Cups
My hubby loves otters, hence I couldn’t result posting this just for him!