This post is part of a weekly series, Fetching Friday, featuring the best posts of the week in blogging, business, freelancing, SEO, and social media on kikolani.com.
The Resources Mashup
Blogging / Writing
- Secrets Of High-Traffic WordPress Blogs – There’s no question that WordPress can be used for your or my blog, but what about multi-author blogs with thousands of comments? How do developers make it scale and perform? I spoke with the developers behind some of the biggest WordPress blogs on the planet and asked them to tell me their secrets. Now I get to share them with you.
- 18 Compelling Reasons to Start a Blog Today (and Some Massive Success Stories) – Here are a bunch of reasons why blogging might be just the thing that you are after. At the end I’ll even show you a few awesome success stories to fire you up!
- 58 Ways to Get Noticed as a New Blogger – Overnight success as a blogger is like catching lightening in a bottle, and the element of luck is something you can’t control. But this list can help you get started if you’re looking to stand out as a new blogger.
- 41 Things Bodacious Bloggers Do to Maintain Their Blogs – Here’s a bloggers checklist to help you keep track of what you need to do on a daily, weekly and monthly basis. You can use this to create your own personal checklist if you like once you’ve worked out what the most important jobs are for you.
- 21 Things to Do to Help Your Infographic Go Viral – Use these 21 tips to plan and create an infographic and then help your infographic go viral.
Business / Career
- How to Set Up Twitter Advertising to Build Awareness for Your Business – Learn about the Twitter Advertising options available to businesses and the setup process for creating your own campaign with Promoted Accounts, Promoted Tweets, and Promoted Trends.
- 17 Business Lessons from a Conversation with Jackie Chan – Read about Jackie’s rocking business and life advice!
- 7 Ways to Use Email Marketing to Make More Money After the Initial Sale – How to use email marketing to generate more revenue from existing customers.
- 5 Ways to Avoid Natural Reactions that Prevent You from Making Good Decisions – We’re going to take a look at 5 notorious social biases and discuss ways that you can recognize and react when your brain is trying to pull a fast one on you.
- 14 Career Experts to Follow on Twitter – If you’re looking for a job and some insights about how to land one, it helps to pay attention to the experts. Below, we outline 14 career experts whom you’d be wise to follow on Twitter.
- How to Be a Writer: 201 Compelling Tips – Tips on how to create a successful mindset, develop your craft of writing, establish good writing habits, approach professional development, and more.
- 7 Warning Signs You’re Dealing with Your Worst Client Ever – After considering my experience and that of others around me, I’ve noticed that there are danger-signs clients you don’t want to work with. Here are 7 warning signs you don’t want to work with a particular client.
- Is There a Dress Code for Freelancers – Dress code? At home? How could that possibly make a difference to how I work? You will probably be surprised to find it matter much more than you might expect.
- How To Customize A WordPress Theme For Your Freelance Portfolio – In this tutorial, we’re going to take a premium WordPress theme and work through each step in the customization process to develop a website for your freelance portfolio.
- Need Extra Cash? Try These 8 Work at Home Money Makers – With these new opportunities, you’re not going to get rich, but you can add some extra cash to your wallet. Here are 8 ways to make some extra cash from home.
Search Engines / SEO
- How Google Panda & Penguin Affect Link Building – The past, present, and future of how Panda and Penguin affect your website and your business along with the things you can do to prevent or rectify any harm that has come your way.
- The Ninja’s Guide to Google Alerts – How I use Google Alerts to leverage brand, authority, traffic and sales, as well as share the exact alerts I have setup for my personal SEO blog.
- How to Automate Link Building – If you’ve been reading some of my stuff on this blog, then I’m pretty sure that you’re already familiar with the tips I’ll be sharing in this post. This is simply just a recap of the things you can execute to automate the process of attracting and acquiring more natural links to your site.
- 20 Google Search Shortcuts to Hone Your Google-Fu – Hidden behind Google’s search box are a slew of shortcuts leading to so-called “OneBox” results that provide awesome tools and display helpful information quickly and directly. You might think you know them all, but a few are more hidden than others.
- An SEO’s Ultimate Post-Penguin Checklist [INFOGRAPHIC] – Learn how to perform a Penguin-savvy backlink audit, make sure your on-page SEO meets guidelines, and detect a negative SEO attack early.
Social Media / Social Networking
- 11 Tools to Find Niche Twitter Influencers – When it comes to Twitter, access to influencers is even better. You have the chance to utilize an innovative search/tagging method, and break things down into categories in a way that was never possible before.
- How to Use Social Media for Customer Research – Learn how to conduct research on social media to find out more about your customers.
- 7 Surprising Pinterest Insights Every Marketer Needs – Here are seven useful data-driven insights and the related marketing implications to persuade you to hop onto Pinterest.
- Using Followerwonk to Grow Your Twitter Account – Based on four key sections of the Followerwonk site, you’ll learn how to search inside Followerwonk for specific users, compare your users for overlaps in follows and followers, analyze your followers for details and stats, and track your followers for wins and losses.
- 6 Ways to Keep Your Facebook Contest on the Up and Up (so it Doesn’t Get Shut Down) – This post will help you figure out what you need to know so that the odds of running a legal and successful contest are … ever in your favor!
Share Your Best Blog Posts
Every week on Friday, I start a thread on the Social Media Examiner Blogging Club so members can share their favorite blog post of the week. It’s free to join, so sign up, find today’s best blog post thread, and share your proudest blogging achievement of the week!
Photo of the Week
This week’s top photo comes from Mono Lake near Yosemite at sunrise. I missed out on this because I was asleep, but my hubby got a great shot of it!
Purely Pacific Northwest
The beautiful NW through timelapse photography.