This post is part of a weekly series, Fetching Friday, featuring the resources mashup, a new portfolio design, the surprised kitten, and the week in review at kikolani.com.
The Resources Mashup
Here are some of the best articles I have stumbledupon this week.
- 20 WordPress plugins I would die without
- How to optimize your blog for mobile devices
- Why you should moderate all comments in WordPress
- 10 brilliant uses for your blog other than money making
- Tools wanted for power bloggers and social networkers
- 12 bloggers that share link juice
- Blog discipline vs going rouge
- Why I no longer link to the likes of Problogger and John Chow
- 10 things to consider when writing for the web
- 100 premium like free WordPress themes for the year 2009
Business / Finance
- 5 tips to increase productivity and profit
- Get your business on the map – marketing your business online
- 9 books I recommend you read next year
- How to use Adwords the right way with your online store
- Managing your cash
- Video highlights of the upcoming features in WordPress 2.9
Graphic / Web Design
- 40 beautiful and colorful blog designs
- 70 gorgeous blog footer designs
- 25 creative and clever advertisement designs
- Using WordPress to build large scale websites
- 35 most wanted Firefox add-ons for web developers and designers
- 25 social media sites to help you live longer and healthier
Make Money Online
- How making money through blogging has been looked at the wrong way
- Google Adsense webinar – free online seminars
Personal Development / Self Improvement / Health
- Knowing your starting point
- Net worth vs. self worth – the passion paradox
- Is your integrity for sale?
- Introvert micro energy management
- 100 ways to screw up your life
- How to gain some me time
- You become like the people you surround yourself with
Photography / Digital Art
- 50 beautiful tree photography
- 50 examples of fantastic photo manipulations
- 52 stunning long-exposure photographs
- What if Google had to design their user interface for Google optimization?
- 10 ways to increase traffic by changing your code
- Link diversity
- How to make Google visit your blog more often
- A journalist’s guide to SEO
- Social media snapshot: Flickr brand building
- How digitally distinct is your online brand?
- 8 tips for managing a LinkedIn Group
- Top 5 companies we are shocked are not on Twitter
- Is instant messaging dying out?
- Buying new computers – a better computer at 8 cents an hour
- Best free VPN services to access blocked sites like Hulu, Twitter, and Facebook
- Power your PC with 45 free applications
- How to login to different accounts at the same time using Firefox
The Last, but not Least
- How to survive the holidays – part one
Week in Review on Kikolani
Related News: New Portfolio Design
While I loved my previous single page portfolio design, I realized that there was a lot of additional content I wanted to add to it that didn’t work with the one page layout, like adding my article writing samples and a better area for my photography.
So after a few months of previewing, customizing, and trying out new themes, I finally found a great theme called London Creative on ThemeForest. So come by and take a look around.
I also have started a blog on my portfolio dedicated to freelance, the first articles being Freelance Fridays – a roundup of the best freelance articles of the week. This week’s roundup should be posted sometime Saturday, as I have been a bit under the weather today.
Just in case you have missed it, the cutest video to hit YouTube!
Want to be featured in Fetching Friday posts?
Looking for some link love? Articles featured in the resources come primarily from people I interact with in the comments, and on the social networks. So comment away (DoFollow, CommentLuv, and KeywordLuv enabled), and join me on the networks below, and if your article/photo/video catches my eye, it may appear in following Fetching Friday posts.