This post is part of a weekly series, Fetching Friday, featuring the best posts of the week in blogging, making money online, SEO, and social media on kikolani.com.
The Resources Mashup
Blogging / Writing
- When guest posts fail – some of the most common roadblocks when it comes to guest blogging and how to overcome them.
- Why negative blog comments are important and wanted – does controversy surrounding your blog or brand mean it’s successful?
- 26 ways to enhance your blog content – give your blog even more sticky power with these great content tips.
- 10 David Ogilvy quotes that could revolutionize your blogging – definitely some great things to consider, starting with “Never write an advertisement you wouldn’t want your family to read.”
- How to get 100 extra visitors a day every day – 10 tips on generating more traffic to your blog.
Making Money Online / Online Business
- One billion ways to make money online – ok, that would be nuts if there were that many items on the list, but this post does have 19 different ideas and 2 – 3 ways to monetize each of those ideas.
- 3 ways bloggers can make more money online – a video with John Chow at Affiliate Summit with great tips on how to successfully monetize your blog and make it into a business.
- Checklist to evaluate a new niche site – if you’re looking to make money online using niche sites, definitely make sure to run through these questions first.
- 6 resources for small businesses a great list of social networks, answers, bookmarking, and other sites that are essential for a small business.
- List Eruption Plugin sneak peak – if you want to build your mailing list to start making some serious money online, you’ll definitely want to check out this plugin for WordPress coming out soon!
Personal Development / Productivity
- How to awaken, build, and guard your dreams – how to find dormant dreams that you may have abandoned and start turning them into reality.
- 33 ways to end your day – end each day on a positive note to make your next day even better.
- How focus defines our lives – what photography can teach us about life.
- 7 tips to tackle naysayers in your life – how to not let anyone discourage you from your goals.
- 50 ways to be more humble and act humbly – I think most can take away some great advice in this post.
Search Engines / SEO / Link Building
- 5 SEO mistakes that crush rankings – be sure to fix these things immediately for your site if you want it to rank better.
- What SEO and social media have in common – five things you must have to be successful with both.
- How to optimize on-site videos – help get your videos to the top of Google’s index with these tips.
- Fixing the web’s lost content: an 8 step guide for link builders – dead links are everywhere. Use these steps to capitalize on them!
- New PageRank formulas may change your SEO priorities – granted PR is not rankings, but if they are looking at these things for PR, you can bet they will be looking at them for rankings as well.
Social Media / Social Networking
- Top 50 branded Facebook pages as of January 2011 – get some great ideas on how businesses use their fan pages from these popular ones!
- 15 essential social media tools for PR agencies – must haves for reaching out through social networks and blogs.
- 10 reasons your Facebook page is not taking off – if you haven’t seen the results you were expecting, maybe you should check to find out why your page isn’t up to par.
- How to create your personal social media brand – great interview with Mari Smith on creating and monetizing your personal brand online.
- Export Twitter friends and followers to Excel – definitely something to check out if you want to do some deeper follower analysis.
Back From Vacation
As with all good things, my vacation time has come to an end and I have just returned home from sunny Melbourne to an unusually chilly Arizona. Also to note, I compiled this list while fighting the late stages of serious jet lag.
Overall, it was an absolutely amazing trip from which I’ll be sharing more of in photos and video, once I’ve had time to start going through somewhere around 90GB of media. I will share this fun shot from the Melbourne Zoo for starters though.
Me and My Hubby Jason with the Kangaroos
This was our first of many wildlife experiences. I like to think it was breaking us in gently, as later in the trip we went to several free range wildlife parks and got even more up close and personal with kangaroos, wallabies, koalas, emus, alpaca, and more!
One of the facts of life that turned out to be highly refreshing about this trip was that I had limited access to Internet, and when I did have it, it was mostly at the end of the day to check on the next day’s weather forecast. So for those who have contacted me through Twitter, Facebook, email, comments, etc. that I haven’t gotten back to, just know that I’m working through everything as fast as I can. Once I get some sleep.