This post is part of a weekly series, Fetching Friday, featuring the best posts of the week in blogging, making money online, SEO, and social media on kikolani.com.
The Resources Mashup
Blogging / Writing
- How to kill your blog in 10 easy steps – if you’re doing these things, then you’re unknowingly destroying your blogging career.
- 10 productivity tips for writers – learn how to boost your writing quantity while not sacraficing quality.
- 33 actionable steps for blog improvement in one week – take the next seven days to make these important changes on your blog.
- 6 ways to get feedback on posts and pages – make sure you’re always sending the right message by getting some honest feedback about your content.
- 6 lessons for bloggers from Smart Passive Income – great lessons from building trust to affiliate income strategies.
Business / Career
- 10 ways savvy bloggers use landing pages – find out how to make your blog a more successful business with landing pages.
- 10 quick steps to becoming a virtual entrepreneur – steps to take if you want to be a successful entrepreneur with more than just a few niche sites and Adsense.
- Dear California: I’m Leaving You. Here’s Why – great post for anyone thinking of moving to California or in CA who is thinking about building a business or affiliate marketing.
- Why Etsy stores are at a disadvantage to stores that own their domain – good advice for those looking to sell their own handmade goods.
- 10 most popular online project management solutions – if you need to get better organized with your team, these are the tools you’ll want to check out.
Graphic Design / Web Design
- 25 jQuery image galleries and slideshow plugins – perfect for photographers or portfolio items.
- 40 beautiful package designs – more product packaging inspiration!
- 60 finest fresh CSS website designs for inspiration – if you need some web design inspiration, check out these beautiful sites!
- 10 excellent tools for responsive web design – tools for typography, cross browser testing and more.
- 40 absolutely brillian billboard ads – more interesting and creative inspirational material.
Personal Development / Productivity
- 5 ways a journal can make you more productive – learn how to journalize your dreams.
- How to improve your quality of life in 15 minutes – simple life hacks that will make a world of difference.
- 54 life lessons 14 years of world travel taught me – if you’re looking for some inspiration, you’ll find it here.
- Make your life what you want through goal setting – three things to do if you want to truly succeed.
- How a perspective shift helps create balance – if your life feels out of sorts, see if shifting your idea of these five areas helps.
Search Engines / SEO
- Link building for ecommerce sites – how to target the right anchor text.
- 6 advanced ways to improve your search engine rankings – SEO isn’t rocket science. Get creative to get ranked!
- 5 metrics to quickly assess site quality when link building – five new ways to see if a site is going to provide a valuable link for your needs.
- 7 Google projects shut down in the Page Era – a look at seven Google products that have come to an end, including the Google toolbar for Firefox.
Social Media / Social Networking
- Measuring social media ROI & goal conversions with Google Analytics – think you can’t measure the ROI of social media? Think again!
- 17 digital marketing experts share their top tips, tricks, and tools for social media – learn what experts little know social media secrets and tools are for success.
- 7 awesome Twitter content curation tips inspired by Paper.li – want to be the ultimate content curator in your niche? Then read these tips!
- 29 tips to make your video marketing easy – tips for everyone, including one from me on what to do if you aren’t ready to get in front of the camera yet.
- 7 reasons I prefer Google+ over Facebook – insight why Google+ is becoming growing quite rapidly.
Conversion Fest Going Strong
Measuring Social Media ROI & Goal Conversions with Google Analytics 5 covers the often discussed topic of how to actually measure your social media campaign’s return on investment (in monetary terms) and how your social media campaigns lead to conversions on your website.
As of right now when I’m compiling this post, my top competitor and I are neck and neck which means it could go either way. Promotion for our posts is only for two weeks after they go live, which means I only have until August 15th to cinch my spot at the top.
Any support is appreciated, especially:
- Comments with any questions or thoughts – these count for double the points!
- Tweets and Facebook likes using the buttons below!
Also, a HUGE THANKS to everyone who’s supported me so far! I wish I could thank everyone individually – I have tried on Facebook and Google+ but the response so far has been pretty enormous which is an awesome thing! I can’t tell you how lucky I feel having such a great community like the one here! 🙂
Photo of the Week
This weekâ€™s top photo came from the local wildlife zoo. I believe this little guy was watching some large goldfish (?) swimming around the surface. Wonder what he thinks of them?
I’ve had a lot of cats, but never seen any of them do this!