This post is part of a weekly series, Fetching Friday, featuring the best posts of the week in blogging, business, freelancing, SEO, and social media on kikolani.com.
The Resources Mashup
- 10 Premium SEO Tools That You Can Try for Free (or Cheap) – Need premium SEO tools to optimize your website or blog for search? Here are 10 tools you can use for free or cheap for a limited time plus some best practices.
- Google Reader Alternatives: 3 Web Based RSS Readers to Manage Your Subscriptions – Google Reader is shutting down on July 1st. Find out which web-based RSS readers will make great Google Reader alternatives.
Blogging / Content
- How to Get More Content for Your Blog – If youâ€™re struggling to create enough content, then here are some great ways to get additional content for your blog.
- 15 Tools For Generating Killer Content – Letâ€™s take a look at how to use these 15 tools to generate linkable and shareable content in a pinch.
- Content Marketing Essentials 2013 – A huge interactive infographic on content marketing.
- Book Deal to Book Shelf in 3 Months: 8 Steps to Delivering Under Aggressive Deadlines – How to write a book under an aggressive deadline and not compromise on quality and your life balance in seven manageable steps.
- How I Conquered 200+ Emails Per Day and Reclaimed My Writing Time – Are you drowning in email? I was, until learned to reduce and better manage my email. Here is how I cut my email time and got my life back.
Business / Career
- How to Use SlideShare to Generate Leads – Here’s how to use SlideShare as part of your visual content marketing strategy.
- 21 Tools for Maximizing Productivity – Mary shares BlueGlassers’ favorite tools and apps for email tracking, research, task management, organizing notes, and more.
- 5 Secrets for Using Industry Groups in Job Search – Industry associations are a job seekerâ€™s best friend–or at least they should be. Here are 5 secrets for getting the maximum benefit from these groups.
- The True Benefits of a Standing Desk – This case study of a company’s standing desk experiment should provide evidence to start using one for yourself.
Search Engines / SEO
- How to Use Schema Markup for Local SEO – Local businesses that want to utilize the internet to get more customers should implement Schema Markup, as it allows search engines to display important information, such as hours, testimonials, reviews, and even menus easily in search results.
- The State of SEO: The Experts Weigh In â€“ Part III – The SEO experts weigh in on link building, digital media, web development and e-mail marketing in the third part of the state of SEO series.
- 5 Unexpected Keyword Research Sources – If youâ€™ve exhausted the list of popular keyword research programs that are available today, you might be interested in the following five unusual keyword research sources.
- 5 Custom Google Analytics Dashboards And How To Use Them – Want a better way to look at your Google Analytics data? These custom dashboards in Google Analytics could be the answer.
- The Guide to US Census Data for Local SEO – By using census data, these viable hyper-local markets can be identified before you even publish a single tweet. You can plan micro-campaigns designed to match each of the various cities, counties, towns, or even city blocks in your selected location. This type of analysis is particularly important when considering where to open a new brick-and-mortar establishment.
Social Media / Social Networking
- 4 Ways the Twitter You Know is Changing Forever – Twitter is changing dramatically, become more of a platform than a tool. This has major consequences. Here are 4 ways Twitter is changing.
- 10 Killer Tips on How to Get More Facebook Fans James Bond Style – How to get more Facebook fans James Bond style: killer tips for killer results. Warning: donâ€™t click on this link if you want a quick fix.
- 5 Ways To Pay For Twitter Exposure – If you want to boost the visibility for your tweets, here are five ways to make it happen plus the pros and cons of each.
- Utilizing Social Media to Help Improve Your Local Rankings – Social networks, review sites, deal sites, and mobile applications can be some of your best strengths if you utilize them to your advantage.
- Social Mediaâ€™s Dirty Little Secrets – Nichole Kelly exposes some dirty little secrets about social media â€“ Itâ€™s not free, you need to listen first, you must have a strategy and advertising is key to building a strong presence.
Share Your Best Blog Posts
Every week on Friday, I start a thread on the Social Media Examiner Blogging Club so members can share their favorite blog post of the week. It’s free to join, so sign up, find today’s best blog post thread, and share your proudest blogging achievement of the week!
Seals on a Surfboard
Great use of a GoPro camera!