This post is part of a weekly series, Fetching Friday, featuring the best posts of the week in blogging, business, freelancing, SEO, and social media on kikolani.com.
The Resources Mashup
Blogging / Content
- 21 Business Blogging Tips From the Pros – Business bloggers, follow these hot blogging tips from top experts to craft a strong content strategy and create the right customer experience around your blog.
- A Simple Plan for Writing a Powerful Blog Post in Less Than 2 Hours – When I started blogging 7 years ago, it used to take me 4 to 5 hours to write a post. Since then, not only have I figured out how to write 1000 to 2000 word blog posts in under 2 hours, but Iâ€™ve figured out how to also improve the quality of my posts.
- How to Create Epic Content – How and why you should write (and use) epic blogs posts to completely crush your competition.
- 7 Outstanding Example Presentations Using Prezi – Want content beyond text? See these example presentations using Prezi that demonstrate how this tool can be used to take your presentations to the next level.
- 31 Tricks To Be A Superstar Blogger – No blogger wants their blog to appear haunted. Rather, most bloggers would prefer to scare the ghosts and vampires away. In the spirit of Halloween, here are 31 blogging tricks to make you a superstar blogger.
Business / Career
- 9 Networks You Can Use for Guest Blogging and Blogger Outreach – The following are nine networks for guest blogging and blogging outreach that you can use to market your business for increased exposure and additional backlinks.
- The Perfect Review: Psychological Insights and the Logical Process of Crafting Online Reviews – Here is a robust strategy for making the most of writing reviews.
- A Crash Course in Conversion – Every marketer’s purpose is to maximize their return on investment – 5 conversion concepts to make your pages more focused, persuasive & successful.
- The Quest for Freedom: What Are You Willing to Do to Be Free What does freedom mean to you and what are the trade-offs for attaining it.
- Why You (Yes, You) Need to Create More Landing Pages – The data-backed reasons why every marketer needs to create more landing pages on their websites.
- How to Raise Your Freelance Pay Rates in the Next 60 Days – How can you get your clients to pay you more? Here is my list of effective ways to get a raise.
- 9 Reasons Why You Should Choose Freelance Blogging – The reality is that freelance blogging offers potential for growth and expansion into a wide variety of related fields. Not only does it represent a viable long-term career choice, it also affords you a great number of options down the line.
- How to Set Up Your LinkedIn Profile: A Freelancerâ€™s Guide – Setting up your profile for success is important because it provides the foundation on which to build your LinkedIn networking and marketing efforts.
- Measuring Marketing Effectiveness: 6 Metrics You Need to Track – For content marketers, metrics provide deep insights into how our content is performing. Track these 6 key metrics for measuring marketing effectiveness.
- How to Achieve Your Full Potential as a Writer – Would you like to be a more successful, creative freelance writer? Here is a 7-step guide to what’s keeping you from achieving your best.
Search Engines / SEO
- SEO Horror Stories: Search, Social and Content Tricks to Avoid – Be sure you don’t suffer the ghoulish effects of bad SEO decisions. Make good choices, avoid mistakes and avoid your own SEO horror story.
- The Types of Links Obtained by Competitive Industries and How You Can Obtain Them – The types of links competitive industries are obtaining and how you can do the same for your website while minimizing the risk of being hit by Google Panda or Penguin.
- Make the Most of Guest Blogging: Second-Tier Link Building – Link building is the website promotional strategy for acquiring direct inbound links to your site. Second-tier link building is a bit more complex: it’s the strategy for acquiring links to pages outside your domain that link to your pages.
- 5 Killer SEO Insights from Analyzing a Billion Dollars in AdWords Spend – SEO insights and strategies from having poured over all this paid search data for nearly an entire week.
- 6 Things To Think About Before Disavowing Links – Before you go and throw up the Hail Mary, think carefully if you really should deny your link building past to get to your ranking future.
Social Media / Social Networking
- How to Know When to Promote a Facebook Post – Facebook Promoted Posts are a major part of the social marketing arsenal. But when should you pay the money to promote? Download this easy, 4-step guide.
- 25 Women Who Rock Social Media in 2012 – It brings great satisfaction to draw attention to the people who are a part of advancing social technologies for business and those who use social media to make a difference.
- The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly of Social Media – Just like the white, grey, and black hats of SEO, social media appears to be whipping out a few hats of its own.
- 19+ Facebook Timeline Features and Resources You Should Know – Think you know everything about Facebook Timeline? Check the list and equip yourself with more than 19+ handy tips and resources to rock your profile and pages.
- 8 Indispensable Tools to Improve Your Social Media Efficiency – Social Media can be a real time crunch. Here are eight tools to help you save time and effort.
Share Your Best Blog Posts
Every week on Friday, I start a thread on the Social Media Examiner Blogging Club so members can share their favorite blog post of the week. It’s free to join, so sign up, find today’s best blog post thread, and share your proudest blogging achievement of the week!