This post is part of a weekly series, Fetching Friday, featuring the best posts of the week in blogging, making money online, SEO, and social media plus slow motion kitten action on kikolani.com.
The Resources Mashup
Blogging / Writing
- Blogging pitfalls: how to build and maintain trust – how quickly trust can be destroyed, and five things bloggers should do to minimize damage if a slip occurs.
- How to get permission to use copyrighted photos – if you’re looking to incorporate some great images into your blog posts, be sure to read this so you are doing it the right way.
- The 8 most greatest tips to write unstoppably killer headlines guide ever – two things every headline needs to do and eight ways to crush it!
- More money for no work from your blog archives – how to find gold in your older articles.
- A simple guide to dominating your niche – two things that will dramatically increase search engine traffic to your blog.
Making Money Online / Online Business
- Advanced email marketing for bloggers: how to segment your list and geo-target your list – simple ways to target your email marketing list through Aweber.
- 8 smart ideas for getting a business mentor – find out what to (and not to) do when it comes to landing a great business mentor.
- An illustrated guide to the science of influence and persuasion – this in-depth guide covers the affect of reciprocation, committment, consistency, social proof, liking, authority, and scarcity on conversions.
- How LinkedIn apps can promote your business – learn how to get more out of your LinkedIn presence to reap major business benefits.
- Can you trust online reviews? Who to trust and where to go to find good reviews.
Personal Development / Productivity
- Can you train yourself to recognize opportunity – great article to make sure you don’t miss any hidden opportunities.
- 10 toxins that pollute a happy life – not chemicals, but mental and emotional toxins that hold you bak from living the best life.
- Whispers of the Pacific Ocean – a reminder about how the ocean can put everything into perspective.
- If you had an extra 30 minutes – short post that makes you think about what you are doing with your time.
- An instant mindset shift – how what you focus on will help you get control of your life.
Search Engines / SEO / Link Building / Analytics
- 10 local search tools you can’t live without – quick review of ten local search tools that are a must have.
- 9 awesome search engines that are not named Google – some great alternative search engines!
- A tweet’s effect on rankings unexpected case study – how one tweet led to a #4 ranking.
- 33 ways to measure your online competition – what key factors to look for when performing competitor research.
- Keyword research in Google Webmaster Tools – areas in Webmaster Tools that can help you with keyword research and how to use them.
- 8 excellent WordPress SEO plugins – these are a must have if you want to get a grip on your website’s rankings.
Social Media / Social Networking
- Twitter marketing guide – a guide to help you setup your Twitter profile and implement a successful Twitter marketing strategy. It gives suggestions and tips for those who are new to Twitter or are just looking for some new ideas.
- How to monitor your brand online without losing your shirt – aka, the less expensive way to keep track of everything that you need to know.
- 33 Quora resources on how to get actual ROI – links to articles on the pros and cons of using Quora, how to use it, SEO benefits, tech resources, and other miscellaneous resources.
- Social media strategy learning curve and framework – a high level framework is designed to illustrate the social media learning curve and to help business and non-profit leaders understand how strategy relates to investment, value and culture.
- How to create your own social networking community – a look at the pros and cons of creating your own community.
- The best Twitter articles of 2010 – nice, well organized compilation with a short summary of why these articles made the list.
Want to Learn More About Blog Post Promotion?
I’ve been a bit off the grid since returning from vacation because I’m hard at work putting the final touches on a great guide for bloggers, freelance writers, and even article marketers on the most important part of writing after creating great content, which is the promotion aspect.
Is this guide for you? Find out who needs to promote their content and what kind of benefits you could be seeing if you do it the right way. This will especially be helpful to those in the running for the guest blogging contest on Blog Engage and upcoming contest on Famous Bloggers.
Also, if you’re not currently signed up for my newsletter, be sure to sign up now because subscribers will get a discount code for 20% off the introductory price!
Slow Motion Kitten
There’s really nothing better than watching kittens go jumping after things, except to watch them in slow motion flight. Enjoy!