This post is part of a weekly series, Fetching Friday, featuring the best posts of the week in blogging, business, SEO, and social media on kikolani.com.
The Resources Mashup
Blogging / Writing
- 12 Things That Will Kill Your Blog Post Every Time – When you look around at successful blogs, whatever industry or topic, there are several undeniable basics to success. It starts with blog posts that kill it rather than get killed. But what kills a blog post? Hereâ€™s a list of 12 things – ignore them and you will have a tough time being successful.
- Mastering Blogger Outreach: 35+ Tips and Tools to Help You Find the RIGHT Contact Info – Improving your ability to find essential contacts in the blogger outreach process can give you a significant competitive advantage over others who are trying to get their content published.
- The 5 Keys to Blog Usability – Total user experience must be baked into blog content if you want to make it bigger and better so that you stand out and dominate in your space. These five elements of user experience are essential to doing just that.
- 6 Pro Blog Tweaks to Get More E-mail Subscriptions – How can you tweak your design to get a greater percentage of visitors to subscribe? The answer to those questions is different for every website, but this post will show you six tweaks the pros use to get more e-mail subscriptions.
- 5 Key Innovations Made to the Blogosphere This Month – If you are a Triberr fan, you have to check out their latest plugin!
Business / Career
- 7 Business Apps To Help Entrepreneurs Travel Smarter – Apps that will allow you to travel smarter and more efficiently.
- 2,154 Words and One Question Answered: Should Every Business Have a Blog – Trying to figure out if your business should be blogging? Want to know if content marketing is right for you. Read the most in-depth answer.
- 9 Hard-Hitting Content Strategies for Small Business Blogging – The steps and the tools you need to create killer contentâ€¦day in and day outâ€¦so you can take your business to the next level.
- The 7-Point Checklist for Powerful Landing Page Copy – Learn how to write compelling landing page copy that helps engage visitors and yield a better conversion rate.
- How to Set Boundaries: Exactly What to Say to Late & No Show Customers – How to set boundaries with your clients and clearly communicate your policies about lateness, no-shows, payments, refunds and all the other stuff that drives you crazy.
Personal Development / Productivity
- Beyond Fitness and Weight-Loss: The Miracles of Exercise – 3 rules of exercise to increase productivity and gain clarity and unleash creativity.
- How To Be Successful: 9 Tips To Get Started – You donâ€™t necessarily have to affect the whole world to be successful â€“ even affecting your nearby circle in a positive way can equate to success. As long as you are focused on helping others positively, youâ€™re on the path to success.
- 12 Stressful Things to Stop Tolerating – You canâ€™t live a happy, successful, fulfilling life if youâ€™re spending all your energy tolerating things that shouldnâ€™t be tolerated. Sometimes you need to put your foot down.
- Choose to be Happy for Happinessâ€™ Sake – You know happiness is a choice, but how do you choose to be happy when things go wrong? Get inspired! Learn how to be happy, to choose happiness, no matter what.
- How to Overcome Loneliness – Don’t be afraid to try and strengthen a weak friendship or build a new one. There are people everywhere and I truly believe that all of us are worth getting to know.
Search Engines / SEO
- 6 Indispensable Free & Freemium SEO Tools – Six free and freemium SEO tools for keyword research, on-site optimization, link building, suggestions, and monitoring keyword rankings.
- 5 Practical Link Building Strategies for Local Businesses – The best link building practices involve leveraging a businesses existing network for traffic referrals first because the return is the highest there.
- A Link Development Strategy for Large Websites – Thereâ€™s one practice that can extremely work well for any type and size of website (news, blog, magazine, affiliate and/or ecommerce websites), and that is building strong links to the siteâ€™s categories.
- 7 Tips for Developing a Killer Keyword Strategy – Develop a keyword strategy that will have a much higher success rate and provide you with the results you are looking for.
- The 6 Hidden Identities of an SEO Consultant – If youâ€™re a true SEO consultant, youâ€™re actually a lot of things, too. Lisa breaks them down.
Social Media / Social Networking
- 15 Creative Tips to Rock Your Timeline Cover Photo for Facebook Pages – How shall we, the (smaller brand) facebook page owners can make use of cover photo for brand awareness? Here are 15 inspirational ideas (with examples) to rock your page!
- 8 Industry Experts Weigh in on the Toughest Social Media Topics – Read the answers to some difficult questions about how social media is changing in 2012.
- Google+ for Business – This infographic has a bunch of marketing points scattered throughout it. Youâ€™ll see why Google+ might help you take your business goals to the next level.
- 21 Warning Signs Youâ€™re Becoming a Social Media Snob – No single warning sign damns you on its own, but if you find yourself nodding to many or even all of these, you may be in trouble.
- 14 Ways New Facebook Betrays Small Business – In word and in deed, the new design and rules accompanying the new Timeline version of Facebook pages is a boon to big business, and a blow to small business.
Photo of the Week
This weekâ€™s top photo is of my Miniature Schnauzer, Dobby. He is one of the happiest dogs I have ever seen, and this is a photo that proves it!