This post is part of a weekly series, Fetching Friday, featuring the best posts of the week in blogging, business, SEO, and social media on kikolani.com.
The Resources Mashup
Featured Post of the Week
- How to Generate More Leads With Your Blog: 5 Tips – Learn how businesses with top marketing blogs generate leads with social media and content marketing.
Blogging / Content
- The Official Self-Published Book Marketing Plan – With the (possible) exception of the last item, these are all very real reasons why you should consider an in-depth marketing plan for your upcoming book launch. Keep reading to discover how you can write, prepare, and launch your marketing plan effectively!
- 13 Reasons Why Your Content Marketing Might Fail – Effectiveness is a common concern for most content marketers, according to CMI research. Think about these 13 reasons why your content marketing might fail.
- 23 Steps to 100,000 Visitors (Step-by-Step Guide) – I’ve created this guide to show you step-by-step how to get your first 100,000 visitors. Tried. Tested. And served up on a silver platter
- How to Get Powerful Testimonials that Convince Even Skeptical Prospects – Testimonials break down your prospect’s defenses and convince them to give your business a try. Discover how to ask for and get powerful testimonials.
- 5 Ways to Bond with Your Blogâ€™s Audience – Today I’m sharing five tips to engage with your readers, make them feel at home, and to turn your blog into a nice and warm get-togethers.
Business / Career
- How We Grew Crazy Egg to 100,000 Users With A $10,000 Marketing Budget – So how did we grow the business to over 100,000 customers? Well for starters we used to have a free plan, which helped a lot. And you probably see advertisements for Crazy Egg all over the web, but weâ€™ve been over 100,000 customers for years. Before that point we didnâ€™t have a big marketing budgetâ€¦ all we had was $10,000.
- Are You Committing These 7 Silent Career Killers at Your Job – Learn the 7 secret silent career killers that you may be committing right now. Itâ€™s not about working hard or smart. Itâ€™s about playing by the rules.
- Mobile Marketing Research Explained In Plain English – When it comes to mobile marketing, most consumers are way ahead of marketers in their use of their smartphones and tablets. Theyâ€™ve developed a variety of habits to deal with the on-going avalanche of content. To get your marketing on track, here are twenty-five research charts explained in plain English.
- How to Get Powerful Testimonials that Convince Even the Most Skeptical Prospects – Testimonials break down your prospect’s defenses and convince them to give your business a try. Discover how to ask for and get powerful testimonials.
- – The more simple your approach to freelancing, the more successful you are likely to be. Find out why and how here!
Search Engines / SEO
- The Short Cutts – Ok, this one isn’t a post,but it’s a site that gives you a succinct synopsis of Matt Cutt’s webmasters videos.
- From the Pros: 7 Advanced PPC Tools – Trada worked with PPC industry pros to collect the most impactful, often underrated tools that will make your job easier by giving you a more informed, effective and profitable paid search marketing program.
- How Your Domain Name Will Impact SEO & Social Media Marketing – Letâ€™s examine how a domain name impacts SEO and SMM and then analyze the factors that make a good domain name.
- 16 Secret Google Analytics Advanced Segments Worth Their Weight in Gold – Weâ€™ve tapped into some of the webâ€™s finest web analytics professionals to share their tips for mining analytics gold. Here are 16 secret â€“ until now â€“ Google Analytics advanced segments that could make you insights rich, too.
- CEO of 180Fusion Reviews Strategies of Top 10 SEO Blogs – Are you unsure of what strategies will actually help you rank in search engines? Do you wonder if your blog is optimized for social media conversions? If so, then you might want to take notes from the experts. Here are the things that the top search engine optimization blogs are using for search, social, and conversion optimization.
Social Media / Social Networking
- The 2013 YouTube Marketing Guide – How does a company that sells blenders attract over 220 million views on YouTube? How does Zappos drive over 250,000 visits a year to its website from YouTube?
- How Your Business Can Use the New Facebook Cover Photos – New Facebook cover photos: Here are some examples of what you can do with your Facebook cover photo and how to leverage the new rules to boost your business.
- The Ultimate Guide to Twitter Ads for Small Business – Are you looking to get more followers on Twitter? Drive qualified traffic to an opt-in page? Then Twitter ads may be the perfect fit for your small biz.
- 4 Ways to Profit on Facebook Without a Facebook Page – So, you don’t have a Facebook Page? No problem. Your business can still profit from Facebook by utilizing these four powerful tools.
- How to Network Using LinkedIn Groups – LinkedIn Groups: how to find relevant groups, build credibility and make new connections that can ultimately help grow your business.
Share Your Best Blog Posts
Every week on Friday, I start a thread on the Social Media Examiner Blogging Club so members can share their favorite blog post of the week. It’s free to join, so sign up, find today’s best blog post thread, and share your proudest blogging achievement of the week!
Is Google Author Rank Coming?
Listen to the latest video from Matt Cutts to find out!