This post is part of a weekly series, Fetching Friday, featuring the best posts of the week in blogging, making money online, SEO, and social media on kikolani.com.
The Resources Mashup
Blogging / Writing
- 4 Blogger Tools for Breaking Your Writing Block – Writer’s block? Use these keyword research tools for a fresh batch of blog post ideas to engage your readers and bring you good search engine results.
- The Why and How of Blogging Breaks – Since many of you readers are bloggers, you know thereâ€™s a general consensus that a blogger should write frequently and consistently. However, you also need to carefully examine your priorities for your life and your business.
- Your â€œHow-Toâ€ Post Will Fail If You Donâ€™t Use These Techniques – The secrets to creating these posts so you wonâ€™t have to work nearly as hard.
- Experts Speak: â€œHow Do I Come Up With Great Content Ideas For My Blog?â€ – 16 bloggers tell you how they come up with new content ideas for their blog.
- 113 Things You Can Do to Grow Your Freelance Writing Income â€” Now – To help you take charge of your writing career, I put together a list of 100+ proactive things you can do right now to build your income.
Business / Career
- 60+ Unexpected Business Lessons – In business, you can learn something new and unexpected at virtually any time or any place. With that in mind, the CarolRoth.com contributor network of entrepreneurs, advisors and experts have shared their most unexpected or unusual business lessons.
- 8 Tips For Creating a Great Case Study – The following are some tips on how to make your case studies a powerful asset in soliciting business.
- 5 Reasons Why You Canâ€™t Make Your Email Marketing Work – Would you like to know how to build a great email newsletter list without making the common mistakes that can ruin your reputation and cost you money? If so, avoid these 5 mistakes.
- The Renaissance Guide to Creating a Wildly Successful Online Business – When ideas from different disciplines come together, magic happens, because sometimes the solution to a problem already exists, but not where youâ€™re looking. Could this be applied to online business? It turns out it can.
- 5 Internet Marketing Trends for SMBs to Watch in 2012 – While youâ€™re putting the finishing touches on your action plan for 2012, letâ€™s dig into some of the hot Internet trends for SMBs to watch over the next 12 months.
Personal Development / Productivity
- How a Shift in Your Vocabulary Can Instantly Change Your Attitude – This past year I have noticed how my vocabulary impacts my attitude. Words have power. They impact others, of course, but they can also have an impact on us. Hereâ€™s how.
- 12 Things You Need To Do Before 2012 – Itâ€™s time to make a list of the things that you need to complete before the end of the year.
- The 27 Principles to Teaching Yourself Anything – The old-school formal education is broken. It’s time to focus on practical application over theory. Enter the Self-Guided Education Manifesto.
- One Powerful Word 2012: A Simple Approach to New Yearâ€™s Resolutions – Is there is a single word or a phrase that captures what you would like to manifest in your self or your life in 2012?
- 35 Reasons You Should Work With a Coach – Coaching can take many forms, from individual sessions to group workshops, in person, on the phone or over the internet.
Search Engines / SEO
- An SEO Playbook For 2012 – Today, SEO means finding an audience you can connect with, become a part of the community, give them insanely awesome content and reciprocate.
- 6 Ways to Recover from Bad Links – Letâ€™s assume youâ€™ve done your homework, though, and you know youâ€™ve got link problems. Here’s what to do.
- 5 Golden Links for Link Building and Beyond – Five golden link finds that can help your link development efforts.
- 20 Future-Facing SEO Blogs for 2012 – Instead of telling you what was hot yesterday, this post tells you what SEO blogs you should pay attention to tomorrow for the betterment of your career.
- The Decline of Organic Links Infographic – Links are still valuable in some areas of course, but where the search results are full of listings from Google.com, pushed below the fold from larger AdWords ads and/or heavily skewed by things like brand bias there is much less value in link building in numerous big money markets.
Social Media / Social Networking
- The Hidden Guide to Using Twitter Effectively – In this post, we are going to unearth some commonly unanswered questions in standard Twitter how to posts when it comes to getting the most out of your Twitter experience.
- Top 10 Facebook Apps for Fan Engagement and Building Community – Facebook applications for Facebook Pages: the best Facebook apps to enhance and build your community while making your life easier with a little automation.
- How To Get Twitter Followers by the Millions – There is no secret to gaining Twitter followers. Growing a Twitter following includes some of the following choices & habits.
- Facebook Timeline Cover: 40 (Really) Creative Examples – Ready to make your new Facebook Timeline profile rock? Check out these creative adaptations!
- Path: What You Need To Know About It And How It Plays A Role In Your Life – You probably heard something about Path in the last month or so but the truth is, the social network has been getting love from early adopters and media since its launch over a year ago. So how far has it come now?
Photo of the Week
This weekâ€™s top photo comes from the snowy Grand Canyon again. It was incredibly foggy, so we were lucky to get beautiful glimpses like this one into the canyon throughout the day.
One of my favorite movies is Artificial Intelligence, and this video just goes to show how close we are getting to that.