This post is part of a weekly series, Fetching Friday, featuring the best posts of the week in blogging, business, freelancing, SEO, and social media on kikolani.com.
The Resources Mashup
Here are some of the best articles I have seen on Google+, retweeted on @kikolani, and read in RSS subscriptions this week. Some must reads included for those in search engine optimization consulting and those looking to create the best search engine optimization company.
Blogging / Writing
- 7 Quirky Ways to Beat Blogger’s Block and Write Your Best Post Ever – I have this blog post writing “thing” down to a science and we’re going to talk about how to consistently power through the first 10 minutes of writing a blog post.
- How to Get Bloggers to Reply to Your Comments – Over the years I’ve experimented with strategies to get the attention of bloggers and have learned methods from others like Nicholas Tart over at Income Diary, and now I want to share those strategies with you.
- 17 Foolish Mistakes to Avoid as a Guest Blogger – Review 17 of the most common and egregious mistakes guest bloggers make when submitting contributor content to other blogs.
- The 7 Biggest Lies About Blogging – Because bloggers come in all shapes and sizes, with different goals and needs, and making blanket statements can be dangerous. So, here they are, my seven untruths about blogging.
- 18 Challenges Writers Face and How to Overcome Them – What are the major challenges you face as a writer? This article lists 18 challenges writers face and how you can overcome them.
Business / Career
- Your Call to Action is Lame! Here are 10 Ways to Make it Convert Better – In this post we’ll dissect, congratulate and insult a bunch of CTA’s – because let’s face it most of them *really* do suck.
- The Secret Millionaires Know About “Catching Your Big Break” – What I want to talk about today is a surprising finding that I had while interviewing these people: none of them had a “big break” that turned their little business into a million dollar enterprise.
- The 10 Commandments of Landing Pages That Work – In the dark and ancient days of digital yellow highlighters and outrageous claims, a cry rang out over the mountains — a cry for sanity, integrity, and beauty.
- 3 Ecommerce Conversion Problems With My Online Store That I Finally Got Around To Fixing – Some of these problems have either had a negative effect on conversions or have annoyed me for quite some time now and should have been fixed a long time ago.
- 14 Ways To Gain Trust and Turn Your Readers Into Customers – 14 ways to gain your readers trust and motivate them to become your customer.
- How to Get Your Passion for Writing Back – Sometimes technical writing jobs can cause you to lose your passion for writing creatively. Consider the ways you can bring the passion back…
- When The Project Is Over – Getting Rockin’ Referrals – Truth be told, even in good times, waiting for the phone to ring is a bad idea. It’s simply letting your business happen to you, rather than taking responsibility and making things happen. A better idea is to have a system in place to ensure those referrals keep rolling in and that they’re quality referrals.
- Freelance Writer’s Guide to Library Research – Freelance writers often have to research information in print at libraries for magazine articles or client projects. Here are the best techniques.
- 10 Reasons Why You Can’t Make a Living Writing – Are you thinking you just can’t do it? You can’t really be a freelance writer? Today, comisserate with others who know deep down, they’re just kidding themselves.
- 12+ Top Resources for Beginner Web Developers – If you’ve been eyeing Ruby on Rails or HTML/CSS freelance positions popping up across the web, but don’t have the full skills yet, here are the best resources to help you gain trust, experience and know-how.
Personal Development / Productivity
- 10 Questions That Will Improve Results in Any Area – Feeling stuck? Lifehack contributor Royale Scuderi reveals 10 questions that will improve results in any area of your life.
- The Three Requirements To Living A Simple And Fulfilling Life – Living a simpler existence is rarely heard of, but can be a great help to finding inner fulfillment and happiness. Here’s three requirements to living a simpler life.
- Elimination: Clearing the Path to Your Success – Elimination is the greatest hidden secret to unleashing your energy and clearing the path to your success.
- How to Veto Your Self Doubt and Live An Awesome and Bold Life – Can you imagine living a happier, more spontaneous, and authentic life, one that feels right?
- 25 Photo-Illustrated Reminders to Help You Find Happiness – Happiness is found in the choices we make every day. It’s all about thinking good thoughts, speaking kind words, taking good actions, and enjoying the small things in life all while chasing after the big ones.
Search Engines / SEO
- 32 Things You Ought to Know About PPC – The reality of the PPC landscape is that if you do paid search advertising, the majority of your time will be spent on Google’s AdWords platform. Whilst there are other search engines that are worth considering, you need to set your expectations realistically.
- Recovering (Not Provided) Keyword Data – The key is understanding how Google decided to round, or bucket clicks. After consolidating data across several sites this list was generated, showing how Google decided to bucket search query clicks.
- How To Use Memes to Build EASY Backlinks & Traffic – What if I were to tell you that there’s a simple strategy that you can follow to achieve all of these objectives, an easy formula where all you have to do is fill in the blanks, and watch the backlinks and social media traffic roll in? Interested? Read on.
- Link Building Tools We Use at Distilled – Here is the list of link building tools people in Distilled are using right now.
- Domain Names 101: How to Avoid Dot-Com Disasters – Domain name tips for individuals, companies and businesses to own prime dot-com real estate on the Internet.
Social Media / Social Networking
- 6 Tools Social Media Experts Use to Update Facebook Pages – Six third-party tools and applications used by social media experts, brands, and agencies to keep your Facebook page up to date.
- Facebook Timeline for Business Pages – 21 Key Points To Know – Your Facebook fan page will automatically convert to the new Timeline design on March 30. This post walks you through key elements you need to know.
- How 9 Big Brands Display Social Network Icons on their Website – See how 9 brands display social media profile links on their website plus resources on how you can add similar icons and buttons to your website.
- 103 Resources For Becoming a Pinterest Expert – If you’re hungry for learning and becoming more knowledgeable about Pinterest, then this organization of articles can help. Included here are 103 articles to guide your way through Pinterest, as well as some similar spin-offs.
- What Men and Women Really Want, According to Social Media – What do men and women say they want on social media? Analytics firm NetBase looked at 27 billion conversations over 1 year to discover that the sexes definitely have one thing in common: food!
Photo of the Week
Since I slacked off a bit this week in posting photos, I thought I would share this one by my husband. As you can see, he’s the pro in the family.
All Alone in the Night
What’s better than a timelapse? How about a timelapse from outer space!