This post is part of a weekly series, Fetching Friday, featuring the best posts of the week in blogging, business, SEO, and social media on kikolani.com.
The Resources Mashup
Blogging / Writing
- 5 Things Every Blogger Needs to Teach Their Readers & Why it Matters – Want to grow a successful blog? You need to teach your readers a few things.
- 81 Topic Ideas for Starting a Blog that Matters – Donâ€™t know what topic to start a blog that matters about? Here are 81 ideas to get you thinking about what you could focus (or re-focus) your site on.
- Keep Calm and Carry On: How To Handle 4 Common WordPress Emergencies – Whether you’re getting the ‘white screen of death’ or accidentally published a post, learn how the average WordPress user can fix common panic-inducing issues.
- 55 High Quality Free Tumblr Themes and Widgets – This post includes some stunning free themes, widgets, and applications that will permit you improve your Tumblr experience.
- 21 Tactics to Increase Blog Traffic – This post is intended to be useful to all forms of bloggers – independent folks, those seeking to monetize, and marketing professionals working an in-house blog from tiny startups to huge companies. Not all of the tactics will work for everyone, but at least some of these should be applicable and useful.
Business / Career
- 6 Branding Approaches They Forgot to Teach You in Business School – Study the following six companies and the branding lessons they learned as they overcame the obstacles in their markets.
- The Power of Transparent Marketing to Rock Your Business in 2012 and Beyond – This post focuses on blogging and the subjects you can address in your companyâ€™s content marketing efforts to not only completely stand out from the crowd, but also generate more leads and sales than youâ€™ve ever done before.
- Whatâ€™s the Secret to Monetizing Social Media – There are people and companies out there who are turning a profit with social media. Let the author introduce them to you and show you how they do it.
- Six Overused Email Marketing Tactics That Surprisingly Still Work – Email marketing isnâ€™t going anywhere anytime soon, and neither are some of these sneaky, deceptive, and sometimes outright evil email marketing tactics.
- 5 Essential Tips for Building an Online Business Part Time – Here are 5 essential tips for building a profitable online business part time, regardless of your past experience.
- Do You Make These 5 Common Negotiating Mistakes – Read the post to make certain that youâ€™re not guilty of making any of these errors yourself.
- 7 Effective Time Management Tips – If youâ€™re trying to work out a timetable in order to help yourself work as efficiently as possible, there are several things you should take into consideration.
- 10 ways to boost your freelance writing income in 2012 – If youâ€™ve made a resolution to make more money as a freelance writer this year, congratulations! Youâ€™ve taken the first step toward getting there â€“ setting a goal.
- How to Stop Your Freelance Writing Career from Slipping into the Twilight Zone – If you don’t understand social media, you’re getting left behind as a writer. Here’s why you’ll need to learn about social media to get good-paying gigs in future.
- How to Find and Apply Vision to Your Freelancing Business – Fortune 500 companies, non-profits and other â€œseriousâ€ businesses have them. Should your freelancing business have one too?
Personal Development / Productivity
- 11 Questions Youâ€™re NOT Asking that Could Change Your Life – When Jayson Krauseâ€™s best friend died of cancer in September 2005, he realised that he had never fully gotten to know him. So he embarked on a year long project, asking 52 strangers the same 10 questions, one a week, in an attempt to challenge myths about connection and get people sharing more than just small talk.
- 50 Things Youâ€™re Putting Off That Youâ€™ll Regret Later – Why doesnâ€™t our most crucial task get done? Or the thing that we have been meaning to do for months? Eventually things catch up to us. Either there are consequences. Or we simply miss the opportunity to do them.
- 101 Ways to Love Your Life – Obviously, you want to lead a life that is worth living. For one, love makes it worthwhile. It gives life meaning. You become alive. There are many ways to love life. Here are 101 suggestions.
- Living On Your Terms: Why Waiting for Acceptance Holds You Back – Approval and acceptance from others in your life: A look into why you seek it, and the risks for waiting for the permission to live life on your own terms.
- Productivity Made Simple: The Key to GTD â€“ Your Daily Graph of Activity – The key to getting things done is to keep tabs on your daily graph of activity.
Search Engines / SEO / Traffic
- Meta Description Magic: Think Less about SEO & More about Click-Throughs – In this post, we will look at how search engines use meta descriptions, what the top SEO blogs say about meta descriptions.
- Linking Strategies For Google Plus Your World – Here are the simplest linking strategies Iâ€™m recommending in response to Googleâ€™s launch.
- 24 SEO Experts Discuss Links vs. Tweets – Check out what the top SEO Experts in the industry think about links as opposed to tweets!
- Minimum Viable SEO: 8 Ways To Get Startup SEO Right – How to get all the basics right and worry about the other stuff later.
- How to Get Actionable Data Out of Google Analytics – If you are ready to get actionable metrics out of your analytics, then here are the things you need to set up NOW to get actionable data out of Google Analytics!
Social Media / Social Networking
- 5 Ways to Make Your LinkedIn Ads Rock You Like a Hurricane – Advertising on LinkedIn should be a vital part of your marketing strategy, simply because it’s the best way to target to specific people.
- 9 Small Business Social Media Success Stories – Social media marketing: Discover how a variety of small businesses use social media successfully to transform their businesses.
- 10 Tips for Marketing Your Brand or Product with Pinterest – A simple list of tips for marketing a product or brand using Pinterest.
- 10 Taboo Topics to Take Off Your Social Media Account – Check this list before you post a social media update to ensure you’re not committing one of the cardinal sins of social networking.
- How To Know Instantly Whenever Key Accounts Tweet – There is a much simpler approach that will allow you to receive the tweets of your target account(s) via SMS or email. Click the links in the steps below for more information.
Photo of the Week
This weekâ€™s top photo came from Escalante, Utah. There’s something about wrecked vehicles that I can’t resist photographing.
My husband is awaiting this DVD release like I’m waiting for What to Expect When You’re Expecting. 🙂