This post is part of a weekly series, Fetching Friday, featuring the best posts of the week in blogging, business, SEO, and social media on kikolani.com.
The Resources Mashup
This Week on Kikolani
- Stop Wasting Money: How to Get the Most Out of Your Blogging Education – Do you buy conference passes, courses, or ebooks? If so, then follow the 12 tips in this post so you get the most out of your education budget.
Blogging / Content
- Improve Your Contentâ€™s ROI in 9 Steps – If your team is struggling to provide results for clients, itâ€™s time to take steps to boost social traction. Here are a few simple steps to kick your ROI into overdrive.
- Repurposing Content: Top Benefits, Techniques & Tools – One of the tactics you can use is to promote the same or similar content on different media channels, popularly called â€œcontent repurposingâ€.
- WordPress Security: Everything You Need To Know – My site was recently hacked and I learned a great amount from the ordeal. In this article I distill my experience down into 10 key WordPress security steps.
- 24 Brilliant Bloggers Talk About Content Curation – True content curation isnâ€™t just about bookmarking a link so you can come back to it later. Itâ€™s about organizing the content you enjoy in a meaningful way and, in many cases, being able to share the content youâ€™ve curated.
- The Definitive Guide to Conceptualizing, Designing and Promoting Your Own Infographic – In this post, we will show how you can conceptualize, design and promote a successful infographic on your own. Read ahead to learn how to find the right concept for the infographic, how to write compelling content (and where to find legitimate data), how to create attention-grabbing designs (and what free resources you can use to do that), and how to promote your infographic (and hopefully make it go viral).
Business / Career
- 10 Best Financial Podcasts to Boost Your Momentum – Check out this array of podcasts to rev up your momentum. Are you interested into traditional money advice, inspiring bloggers, or behavior change coaches? Dig in.
- 14 Steps to Hosting a Successful Webinar – Learn how to host and promote a successful webinar with these 14 steps from Gini Dietrich, founder of Arment Dietrich and Spin Sucks.
- How To Sell Without Selling – What you really should be talking about (instead of your product and its benefits) is all the pain caused by the problem your readers want solved. This means getting inside their â€œworldâ€ and writing about the pain theyâ€™re experiencing (or COULD experience if something isnâ€™t done to deal with the situation pronto).
- 6 Budget Planning Steps to Professional Project Estimates – This step-by-step guide will help you think through all the considerations involved in making a professional freelance project estimate, as well as how to set it out clearly so that potential clients can understand your breakdown.
- How to Meet New People Who Want To Help Your Business and Career – Don’t shove a business card in someone’s mouth and other networking tips.
Search Engines / SEO
- The Anatomy of a Perfect Web Page – As Web Design, User Experience, Search Engine Optimisation, Conversion Rate Optimisation and many other traditionally individual disciplines become more and more unified it’s important, regardless of your specific role, to be aware of how all the elements on a page contribute to your site’s success and their relationship with one another.Each section is short and easy to understand. We’ve linked to dozens of high quality and comprehensive resources on other sites where you can learn about each element in much more depth.
- How to Use The Keyword Planner â€” The New Keyword Tool From Google AdWords – This new keyword tool combines elements of two existing keyword tools, the Google Keyword Tool and the AdWords Traffic Estimator, adding a more structured and integrated workflow as well as all sorts of new bells and whistles.
- 5 Ways You May Be Stuck In the “Good Ol’ Days” of SEO – Let’s take a trip down memory lane and revisit some of those almost ancient SEO techniques, see what the current day equivalent might be, and see how Google has learned to adapt â€“ and as we do, ask yourself the question, have we?
- 10 Mistakes Every Startup Should Avoid When Optimizing for Search Engines – SEO done poorly can end up doing more harm than good, and itâ€™s easy to make mistakes if you donâ€™t have the experience. Here are ten things to avoid if you want your startup to succeed in the search engines.
- How to become an Influencer through Content and Relationship Marketing – My experience as a publisher taught me a lot of things, particularly in making me understand several aspects of marketing that can really help a brand make an impact to its audience.
Social Media / Social Networking
- The 2013 LinkedIn Marketing Guide – LinkedIn is a great network for businesses looking to increase traffic and leads, as well as individuals looking to market their expertise for new career opportunities. In this post, weâ€™re going to look at everything you need to have a successful LinkedIn experience.
- New Data Shows the 7 Most Powerful Calls-to-Action for More Retweets – I found that there are 7 words and phrases that when included in a tweet are correlated with that tweet getting more retweets than those that did not include those words. The expected CTAs are on the list: â€œplease retweetâ€ and â€œplease rtâ€ but leading up the list is the somewhat surprising â€œplease help.â€
- 22 Facebook PR Secrets Every Community Manager Should Know – How can a brand rank in authenticity and pull some publicity out of its Facebook Page? With the right mix of art and science. Check out the latest top shelf insights, data, and tips designed for fashion forward thinking Facebook community managers.
- The CEO’s Guide to Listening on Twitter – Are you a CEO trying to cut through the clutter? Here’s how to listen to what matters on Twitter.
- 26 Social Media Marketing Tips from the Pros – Social media marketing tips: Learn how calls to action, content strategy, email/social integration and goals play a part in your social media efforts.
Share Your Best Blog Posts
Every week on Friday, I start a thread on the Social Media Examiner Blogging Club so members can share their favorite blog post of the week. It’s free to join, so sign up, find today’s best blog post thread, and share your proudest blogging achievement of the week!
At least one of these will hit home for everyone who watches it.