This post is part of a weekly series, Fetching Friday, featuring the resources mashup, a contest for a free pair of Ugg boots, plus Fetching Friday going on vacation on kikolani.com.
The Resources Mashup
Blogging / Writing
- 8 keys to blogging success – ask yourself these questions to find out if you have a passion for blogging.
- 7 colossal mistakes bloggers make that are killing them – be sure that if you’re doing these things, you fix them now!
- Karl Staib talks about finding your blogging superpowers – this interview on Blogcast FM covers how to maintain focus, how desire keeps you from your goals, one simple tactic to increase engagement, and more.
- What’s the perfect width for your online content? How to increase the likelihood that people will want to stay on your site to read your content.
- What to do if you take a break from blogging? Great advice which I have taken into account for my upcoming 2 week break (see more under the Fetching Friday Notice section).
Making Money Online / Online Business
- Beginners guide to landing pages – what you need to know to create landing pages that lead to conversions.
- How to learn list building and email marketing from the experts – a reverse engineering approach that will give you expert insight for free.
- How to use E-Junkie and put an affiliate link or advert on your blog – a back to basics guide for those starting out with affiliate marketing.
- 5 favorite but often over looked marketing tactics – breakdowns of how these strategies will increase your traffic and sales.
- How to get free publicity for your business on TV and radio – specific tips including those for broadcast interviews.
Personal Development / Productivity
- What does success look like? 5 tips on how to plan for success.
- Being vulnerable – competition versus connection, and why you need to allow yourself to have new experiences.
- Coping strategy rehab: your prescription for defence mechanisms – six awesome coping strategies.
- If you don’t defend your standards, no one will – having standards, principles or even a code of conduct means nothing unless you actually stick to it.
- Are you anchored to the past? If social media has brought some negative aspects of your past back into your life, exercie letting go of that anchor.
Search Engines / SEO / Analytics
- Expert link building interview with Wil Reynolds – pretty in-depth interview about changes in the link building industry, paid links, relevance, and more.
- 32 SEO tactics to avoid in 2011 – hiding things on your page, keyword stuffing, linking schemes, and other things you should stay away from in your SEO strategy.
- 6 ways to help non-SEOs spot link opportunities – an interview with 7 in-house link builders on the most important link building tasks to in-house link building advantages.
- How to optimize your blog for Google – a very thorough guide!
- A wide smile for funny SEO moments – quotes, pictures, and videos that show the humorous side of search.
Social Media / Social Networking
- How to gain competitive insight with social media – whether you consider them colleagues or competitors, this guide will help you research related blogs or businesses in your industry to learn more about their social strategy.
- Facebook tagging etiquette – a guide for personal and business use so you can avoid abusing Facebook tags.
- How to become a social networking magnet – one simple secret that will make your social media campaign a success.
- 10 powerful LinkedIn tips – I especially love #3 (and you can see why in my comment).
- 8 fun Twitter tools for language lovers – use these to help with defining terms, explaining hashtags, analyzing text and finding more concise ways of phrasing tweets.
- 101 ultimate WordPress resources from around the web – huge list of resources for security, how to use WordPress as a CMS, database backup, hacks, tutorials, plugins, and more.
- How to edit a WordPress theme part 2: stylesheet – getting familiar with the WordPress stylesheet.
- WorPress custom menus and Genesis category options – 2 videos on how to utilize custom menu features and how to utilize the blog template in Genesis, exclude categories, and combine custom menus.
- To moderate or not moderate comments – two plugins that will lower your need to do so.
- How to delete and uninstall W3 Total Cache WordPress plugin – if you are running into issues, this might be the solution.
Enter to Win Some Ugg Boots!
Fashion lovers, I couldn’t resist putting this contest up here. Whooga UK is giving away a pair of Ugg boots! All you have to do is follow Whooga Boots on Twitter and/or sign up for their newsletter on Whooga-eu.co.uk to enter. They do drawings once a month, so be sure to enter to be included in the January draw! Also, readers of Kikolani get a 10% discount using the code 1338kikolani – this code expires on January 28th!
Fetching Friday Notice for the Next Two Weeks
For those of you who haven’t heard, I’m taking my first ever two week long vacation beginning on January 23rd through February 4th to Melbourne, Australia. So for the first time in over a year, I will not be running the usual Fetching Friday roundup.
What I will be doing is giving you a list of great blogs to visit that have new posts weekly in the main topics, as well as opening the floor for you to share your favorite posts of the week in the comments. More details will be posted in the following two Friday posts that I’ll have scheduled out before I leave!
Where I’ll Be for the Next Two Weeks
Wonder what I’m looking forward to for the next two weeks? Hopefully catching some video like these!
Want to be featured in Fetching Friday posts?
Looking for some link love? Articles featured in the resources come primarily from people I interact with in the comments, and on the social networks. So comment away (DoFollow, CommentLuv, and KeywordLuv enabled), and join me on the networks below, and if your article/photo/video catches my eye, it may appear in following Fetching Friday posts.