This post is part of a weekly series, Fetching Friday, featuring the best posts of the week in blogging, making money online, SEO, and social media on kikolani.com.
The Resources Mashup
Blogging / Writing
- How to Find Out Who is Stealing Your Content & What to Do About It – Some potential link building benefits to content scrapers, how to find out what sites are scraping your content, and what you can do if you to have them take it down.
- 10 WordPress Plugins & Other Enhancements That Will Make Your Business More Social – These tools can help you do just about anything, including make your blog and your website more socially engaging.
- New, Inspirational Ways to Develop Engaging Article Ideas – Check out my list of inspirational ways to develop engaging article ideas using new websites and sources for 2012 and beyond.
- 3 Tools For Managing a Killer Multi-Author Blog – There are three core ingredients in the special sauce that is a multi author blog: contributors, content, and editing. Letâ€™s go over the tools that will allow you to manage these important blog elements.
- Forget Blogging as Usual: 5 Outrageous Tips for Super-sized Attention – Do you want attention for your blog? What about super-sized attentionâ€”the kind you get when someone likes Drudge or Time magazine links to your blog because of your work? Well, here are some tips on how to do that.
Business / Career
- How to Turn Complaints Into Compliments & Compliments Into Brand Advocates – This post will teach you how to monitor your online brand mentions, turn complaints into compliments, and turn those with compliments into brand advocates.
- The Ultimate List of Email SPAM Trigger Words – An exhaustive list of email SPAM trigger words to avoid using in your emails’ subject lines.
- Making the Transition From a Day Job to Full Time Entrepreneurship with Carmen Sognonvi – The challenges of growing an audience, why you can’t rely on previous success, building a brick & mortar business through blogging & social media, and more.
- 6 Ways To Tell If Youâ€™re Social Media-Ready – Some companies would fare better to run like hell from social media than use 2012 to join the conversation. Do you know which side you fall on?
- How To Deal With Competition – Ever find that you canâ€™t stop thinking about someone you feel is â€œso much further aheadâ€ than you? Knowing how to deal with competition in your industry is vital for success.
- 25 Ways to Boost Your Freelance Writing Business in Under 5 Minutes – Improve your freelance writing business with these 25 tips you can implement in five minutes or less, from contacting an editor to networking on LinkedIn.
- What Do I Do When My Client Will Not Pay Up – What can you do if your publisher suddenly finds it convenient not to pay you?
- How to Deal with Freelancing Change – Practical tips to help you keep the inevitable freelancing changes in perspective so you can stay at your best as a freelancer.
- The 5-Step Approach to Gathering and Using Client Testimonials – Hereâ€™s a 5-step process you can use to remove hesitation, improve response rates, and make the most out of your client testimonials.
- 3 Ways to Succeed as a Freelancer by Conducting Experiments – Are you stuck in newbie-land because you don’t know what to do? Here are three ways you can find the right way and move forward — by conducting experiments.
Personal Development / Productivity
- Your Top 10 Clutter Questions, Answered – This post is a quickstart guide to decluttering with the most common questions answered.
- How To Be Successful With Anything You Do – Being successful is made up of various aspects and you need to master all those aspects should you wish to achieve your success.
- 10 Practical Ways to Boost Your Energy Level How being deliberate about managing your energy level can make a big difference.
- How To Be Happy: 10 Timeless Principles for Lasting Happiness – This post focuses on intrinsic, permanent steps to achieve happiness, rather than extrinsic, surface-level tips which only have a temporal effect.
- 28 Ways to Stop Complicating Your Life – Life is not complicated. We are complicated. When we stop doing the wrong things and start doing the right things, life is simple.
Search Engines / SEO / Traffic
- 10 Hard-Hitting Link Building Tactics Thatâ€™ll Boost Your Rankings – Ten more ways you can build links to your siteâ€¦giving a jolt your linking building campaign.
- Yahoo! Site Explorer Alternatives: Hits and Misses – Yahoo! Site Explorer Alternative backlink checker tools are numerous, yet few of them lived up to my expectations. See which ones did in this post.
- Use This SEO Planning Template For Your Next Web Design Project – A template for building solid SEO into your next website design project.
- 5 Questions To Streamline Your Keyword Research – Use these five questions to streamline and simplify your keyword research, from your first meeting with the client.
- Testing the Accuracy of Visitor Data from Alexa, Compete, Google Trends, Doubleclick & Quantcast – These sites report massively lower and wrongly trending data – and SEOmoz isn’t alone in experiencing this frustration.
Social Media / Social Networking
- How to Strategically Dominate the Facebook News Feed – Facebook engagement is the secret sauce for Facebook marketing. When people start interacting with your page daily, you amplify your reach through the real-time Ticker.
- How To Never Run Out of Social Media Content – Stuck on what content to post on your social profiles? Learn how to create an editorial calendar for mapping out social media updates.
- 6 Essential Google+ Features for Marketing Your Business Online – If you think Google+ is a fad or a failure like Buzz/Wave etc. then you’ve got your head in the sand. This time they got it right. Here are a 6 tips to jump start your Google+ business marketing campaigns.
- What Google Personalized Search plus Your World Means for Marketing – Here are some observations for you as a marketer as it relates to Google Personalized Search and more specifically, the recommended personal and brand pages.
- Best Twitter Tips, Tools and Tactics of 2011 – How can marketers and PR professionals use Twitter more effectively? Whatâ€™s the best way to build a quality, relevant Twitter following? Of the hundreds of third party Twitter tools out there, which are really worth utilizing? How can Twitter to used to support SEO efforts? Discover the answers to those questions and many more here.
Photo of the Week
This weekâ€™s top photo comes from southern Utah in Bryce Canyon National Park. This waterfall, probably about 10 feet high, is a wintery wonder – frozen in time.
The Unseen Sea
Beautiful time lapses taken around the San Francisco Bay area.