This post is part of a weekly series, Fetching Friday, featuring the best posts of the week in blogging, making money online, SEO, and social media plus some videos from my trip to Australia on kikolani.com.
The Resources Mashup
Blogging / Writing
- Blog post SEO – 5 elements that boost your post’s rankings in search engine results.
- 5 motivational hacks for bloggers – if you can’t get going, here are some tricks to get moving in the right direction again.
- Monthly trends + how to instantly triple your post ideas – tips for finding the right (or unexpected) angles for your next post.
- 5 ways to ruin your guest post – if your guest posts aren’t converting into new readers, traffic, or subscribers (or not being accepted at all) then you might want to make sure you’re not doing these five things.
- 10 ways to build your blog readership – if you’re looking to grow your blog’s community, take a look at these tips!
- 21 real blog metrics your company needs to track – great for both business and non-business bloggers.
Making Money Online / Online Business
- How to make a profitable info product – part one of a series starting with niche selection.
- A question of money back guarantees and marketing your online products – great info for anyone doing online product sales.
- How to legally use copy that converts like crazy – a straightforward, legal, and ethical process to create copy that converts with fantastic results.
- Fair royalty rates for ebooks – if you are producing an ebook, where do you weigh in on the publisher’s royalty rates?
- Ecommerce mistakes that make you look like an amateur – don’t commit these if you want to be successful in your online business.
Personal Development / Productivity
- Choose self love – make the committment on February 13th to be a woman who truly loves herself!
- 5 things Avatar taught me about self-improvement – some self-improvement tricks that you can learn from Avatar.
- Do you find it difficult to trust others? Considering three things that might change your mind about being immediately suspicious of everyone.
- How introverts and extroverts can benefit from one another in relationships – it’s not that one perspective is better than the other. Both are right.
- 7 crucial steps to minimize drama in your life – if you’re tired of being wrapped up in too much drama, try these steps to get things back to a state of calm.
Search Engines / SEO / Link Building / Analytics
- The beginners guide to online marketing with a GIANT infographic – this is hands down one of the most comprehensive infographics and posts I have ever seen. If you read one post from this roundup, it should be this one.
- How to setup your own listening post – if you can’t afford Radian 6 like analytics, try out this approach for compiling your stats in one place.
- Who is SEO king or queen? SEO contest to win cash prizes from a total prize pool of $15,000.
- Intelligent site structure for better SEO – if you’re developing (or re-designing) a website, make sure to develop a good structural base for your site.
- SERP sniffing – a long tail keyword strategy that includes some grey and blackhat techniques.
Social Media / Social Networking
- Who likes what? Social media by demographic – an infographic that breaks down the top social networking sites by gender, age, income, and education.
- 5 ways to record video for your social media marketing – this covers the five types of video you can use to further engage with your social media following.
- Build your network in all the right places – are you building an ideal network that supports your pursuits and passions?
- 2 excellent Facebook page apps to get email notifications – a look at using Hyper Alerts and MediaFeedia to get alerts for new activity on your Facebook fan page.
- Can you fake social proof? A Fiverr case study – the interesting things people will do for you for $5.
Favorite Australia Videos
I’ve finally got a few videos up from my Australia trip. Be sure to check out my Australia playlist on YouTube or Vimeo for more videos – currently a total of 8 videos with a few more to come. Plus, pictures will be coming out over the weekend – be sure to connect with me on Facebook to see them!