This post is part of a weekly series, Fetching Friday, featuring the resources mashup, the best week ever, and what is coming up next week on kikolani.com.
The Resources Mashup
Here are some of the best articles I have stumbledupon this week.
- 100 tips on how to write a huge list post
- How to write the most powerful post
- 7 productive things to do when you can’t blog
- Double your traffic by distributing content into different mediums
- Create a blog that promises success
Business / Career / Finance
- How to get to the next level of success in your online business
- 3 ways to market yourself without business cards
- 30 minutes a day online marketing tips
- What is a good starting budget for an online business?
- Businesses can help Foursquare survive
Graphic / Web Design
- What every bloggers should know about design before buying a theme
- 40 examples of typography inspired in web design
- Showcase of web design in Germany
- 45 jQuery navigation plugins and tutorials
- 6 goals to reach when designing your next website
Make Money Online
- My take on having ads on your blog
- 5 C’s of affiliate marketing
- The blogger’s guide to becoming rich instead of just famous
- Is it easy to make money online?
- Are your Adsense revenues dropping and how to maximize Adsense income
Personal Development / Self Improvement
- How to defrag your mind in 5 easy steps
- How to overcome fear
- How to resolve conflicts with people
- Be selective about your activities
- Why I parted ways wiwth my best friend of 10 years
Photography / Digital Art
- 25 easy to use photo sharing sites
- 36 vibrant and colorful photographs by Hougaard Malan
- Amazing animal and nature photography by Scott Sutlberg
- 26 amazing photographs of waterfalls by location
- 30 capivating fire dance photos
SEO / Website Optimization
- Yahoo updating search
- Google is taking content from your site through rich snippets
- What is Alexa rank and how does it work?
- Unleashing the power of website analytics
- How search engines find your content
- How to create an outstanding Facebook fan page and drive traffic
- 5 powerful steps to optimize your business on LinkedIn
- StumbleUpon etiquette guide and how to share in mass again
- HootSuite – the perfect Twitter client for business
- How to suck at Facebook
- Powerline computer networking
- 25 Firefox addons for bloggers
- 10 helpful websites you’ve never heard of
- Apple iPad – everything you need to know
- Replace your lost cellphone charger for free
- Making WordPress mobile friendly
- 30 oustanding commercial WordPress portfolio and photoblog themes
- WordPress plugin to view a random post
- 17 important things to do after staring your WordPress blog
- How to add a RSS feed to a post or page using WordPress shortcode
Best Week Ever
This week has been really exciting. Monday I attended the Social Media AZ event in Tempe and learned a lot of valuable information on blogging, social media, and SEO thanks to a great selection of speakers. Wednesday, I woke up to a comment from Fred von Graf, founder of SMAZ, that I won a trip to Mexico for a tweet contest on the Worst Social Media Fail of 2009, which I believe is businesses who use social media as a one way advertising platform instead of two way conversation between them and their community. And today, I woke up to congratulatory tweets because I was voted in the Top 10 Social Media Blogs list with other social media experts such as Mashable, Jay Baer, and Amber Naslund. So all in all, a great week in the world of social media and blogging!
Coming Up on the Kikolani Network
Since I didn’t get to my post on using social bookmarking networks for information collecting in lieu of my recap of SMAZ, it is on the agenda for next week. I was waiting on a guest post to come through before I announced the other major post of next week, but it has yet to appear. Never fear, I will come up with something good if it doesn’t.
Want to be featured in Fetching Friday posts?
Looking for some link love? Articles featured in the resources come primarily from people I interact with in the comments, and on the social networks. So comment away (DoFollow, CommentLuv, and KeywordLuv enabled), and join me on the networks below, and if your article/photo/video catches my eye, it may appear in following Fetching Friday posts.