This post is part of a weekly series, Fetching Friday, featuring the best posts of the week in blogging, business, freelancing, SEO, and social media on kikolani.com.
The Resources Mashup
Blogging / Content
- 7 Ways to Find Viral Content Ideas – Want to find content ideas that have a chance at viral fame? Here are seven ways to research recently popular content in your industry.
- The Psychology of Storytelling: 10 Proven Ways to Create Better Stories (and Why Stories Sell) – Are you incorporating stories into your copy? Are you utilizing them on your blog? If youâ€™re anxious to understand and tap into the power of storytelling, get ready to jot down some notes!
- 10 Email Marketing Tips for Bloggers – Ten tips for bloggers to help you improve the email marketing strategy for your blog.
- How Guest Posting Propelled One Site From 0 to 100,000 Customers – This interview is with Leo Widrich, co-founder of BufferApp, which is a social media tool that allows you to space out your social media status updates. Widrich used a strong guest blogging strategy to acquire over 100,000 customers for BufferApp. Letâ€™s find out how he did it in this interview.
- 65 Lessons From 14 Years In Online Business and Professional Blogging – In doing this for so long, Iâ€™ve learned a lot of things. Hereâ€™s a list of 65 lessons Iâ€™ve learned during the last 14 years, in no particular order.
Business / Career
- 21 Reasons People Don’t Trust Your Company – Learn what you might be doing that makes leads and customers distrust your company so you can stop!
- The Anatomy of the Perfectly Profitable Video – Anyone can make a video, but making it in a way that keeps viewers watching AND buying is an art form. Good thing I can teach you HOW in about 5 minutes flat.
- How ONE Mistake (Almost) Cost Me $7613.90 in Yearly Income – Recently I made a mistake on Amazon Kindle Publishing that might have cost me $7613.90 in yearly income. Fortunately there is a specific Internet business lesson to be learned from my boneheaded move.
- Increasing Productivity By Downsizing Your Inbox – It all boils down to unsubscribing when possible and applying appropriate filters to the rest to help keep things in balance. Here are some ways to tame the inbox beast and keep important messages down to a minimum.
- When Is It Okay To Copy Your Competitors – There are two types of copying. One is just smart business, and the other is just straight up stupid. Letâ€™s talk about â€˜em both.
- Top 25 Lessons Learned In 25 Years Of Freelancing – Iâ€™d like to think I have learned a thing or two over those 25 years of freelancing. Here are 25 lessons gleaned from a quarter-century of independent consulting.
- 10 Writer Websites That Kick Butt and Get Clients – Take a look for yourself. Thereâ€™s a lot of variety in the approach in these sites, and they each have some particular strengths.
- 18 Plus Free Mobile Apps for Freelancers – Here are 18 handy freelancing tools that you can download to your mobile device. Many of these apps also have a desktop version that you can use when youâ€™re not traveling.
- How to Get Repeat Business from Clients Through Feedback – Itâ€™s frustrating: you probably only hear back from the joyously enthusiastic clientele and the ones with the biggest gripes. Small gripes usually get reported less. Still, there are several benefits to spending the time getting a sense of what your clients think of you and your freelance services.
Personal Development / Productivity
- 21 Ways to Crush Your Procrastination – How do you overcome procrastination? We all have rituals, habits, and tricks that we use. Today, I want to give you 21 ways to crush your procrastination.
- 8 Reasons to Stop Waiting for Approval – Donâ€™t just accept the safe and easy choices because youâ€™re afraid of what others will think, or afraid of what might happen. If you do, nothing will ever happen. Donâ€™t let small minds convince you that your dreams are too big. They arenâ€™t.
- How to Find Your Life Purpose: 25 Discovery Questions – Life purpose is the main reason you were put on earth. What are you here to do? Itâ€™s more than just make it to the end of the day at hand. Itâ€™s more than to just have fun all day long.
- 101 Ways to Feel Happy on a Daily Basis – Hereâ€™s the most important stuff you need to do to live in the moment and feel happier every day in one quick list.
- 25 Benefits To Having a Vision – If you have missed reading my other recently published posts, here is a list that summarizes all 25 benefits to having a vision.
Search Engines / SEO
- Signs That You Might Have an Unnatural Link Profile Punishable By Google – Find out what types of links could signal to Google that your website’s link profile is unnatural and has the potential of being penalized.
- How to Get Google to Index Your New Website & Blog Quickly – Here are the basics of how website content is crawled and indexed, plus some great ways to get the Googlebot to your website or blog to index your content sooner rather than later.
- 15 Helpful Link Building Tools – What follows is a list of some helpful link building tools you can use day in and day out for guest posting, BLB, and group interviews.
- Strategic Integration and the Search Engine Optimization Formula that Always Seems to Work – The process that Iâ€™m about to share is quite basic, and Iâ€™m kind of sure that most of you wouldnâ€™t be that surprised. Although, the best thing about this process is that it can work on any type of website, whether itâ€™s old or new, big or small, ecommerce, affiliate, blog or on just a simple business website.
- SEO Baggage: From Account Managers To SEO Account Janitors – How do I audit a clientâ€™s historical SEO strategies? Well, Iâ€™m glad you asked! Here are a few of the things that I do when I start the historical SEO auditing process:
Social Media / Social Networking
- 5 Twitter Tools to Enhance Your Marketing – Discover these 5 free tools to grow and manage your community and maximize your visibility.
- Who are the Top 15 Thought Leaders in Social Media Today – This is by no means an authoritative or comprehensive list â€“ as there werenâ€™t too many contributors â€“ but it is a good (and eclectic!) snapshot of some that have been recognized and are good to follow to get top advice from perceived thought leaders on a wide variety of social media-related topics.
- 20 Tips to Tame the Wild Social Media Beast – Has an unruly social media beast taken permanent residence in your business? Nothing a little strategic planning can’t solve! Get a grip on social media today!
- Answers to Your Top 7 Questions About Mastering LinkedIn Marketing – Get answers to the most frequently asked questions about LinkedIn marketing.
- 20 Creative Ways Brands Are Using Pinterest – How does one go about getting their content re-pinned on Pinterest? Weâ€™ll explore a few popular brands and see how they are maximizing the potential Pinterest holds in generating the traffic they want.
Photo of the Week
This weekâ€™s top photo is from Bryce Canyon. If you’re interested in landscape photography, be sure to click on the photo and check out the corresponding post processing tutorial video!
Within Two Words
“Within Two Worlds depicts an alternate perspective by giving us the illusion of times movement, signifying a beginning and end within a world of constant contradiction. It appears you are traveling in the midst of a dream, half-sleeping, half-waking, and touching the arch connecting heaven and earth.”