This post is part of a weekly series, Fetching Friday, featuring the best posts of the week in blogging, making money online, SEO, and social media on kikolani.com.
The Resources Mashup
Blogging / Writing
- 9 Habits Of Extraordinary Blogs – Every single one of the top multi-million pageview blogs and blogzines out there have these characteristics without fail.
- 10 Common Business Blogging Saboteurs and How To Overcome Them
- How To Organize a Messy Sidebar For Better User Experience – The sidebar is prime real estate of your blog and it displays on most of your blogâ€™s pages. Make it relevant and useful for your visitors while making it work for you and your goals.
- How to Know Which Plugins are Killing Your Siteâ€™s Performance – How to use the developer tools available in Google Chrome, to work out which components of your blog are causing you issues.
- Writers, Unleash Your Inner Honey Badger – Itâ€™s hard to keep plugging away, sending queries, making cold calls, updating your website. Sometimes you just want to crawl into bed and just stay there. But donâ€™t! Do this instead.
Business / Career
- 45 Awesome Posts on A/B, Multivariate, and Usability Testing – Learn more about A/B testing, multivariate testing, and usability testing for copy, design, landing pages, PPC, and much more.
- Proving Trust on the Web – For those of us who’ve been deep in the trenches of online marketing for years, the question of who to trust may seem inane.
- 8 Small Business Social Media Tips From the Pros – Small business social media marketing: hot tips from the pros on how small businesses can use social media to get more clients.
- Beware of Fancy Formulas and Slick Shortcuts – Sometimes, you get advice from an expert that embarrasses you because you should have known better. It may be great advice once you are ready for it!
- The Most Common Business Blogging and SEO Mistake in the World – Most business blogs are suffering from one major mistake, a mistake that kills SEO and future traffic.
Personal Development / Productivity
- 17 Unproductive Habits to Let Go – Our daily life is full of unproductive habits and rituals that we execute â€“ whether on a conscious or unconscious level. This makes us less efficient and productive than we could potentially be.
- 14 Inspiring Life and Business Lessons From Richard Branson – 14 incredible life and business lessons that will inspire you.
- The 5 Absolute Worst Months to Start Getting Things Done – Here are the 5 absolute worst months to start using David Allen’s Getting Things Done – or GTD – methodology.
- 7 Success Secrets That 99% of People Donâ€™t Know or Use – Some people seem to have it all; great relationships, love, friendship, money and success in every venture they go into. So what makes these people different?
- Musings from Australia: Luck Has Nothing to Do with Dreams – The inspiration from this post was not just by luck. It came straight from the wind and the sound of the waves crashing against these rocks.
Search Engines / SEO / Analytics
- How To Use UTM Parameters In Google Analytics 5 – If you want to get down to specifics about your traffic, you need to start using UTM parameters for custom campaigns in Google Analytics 5.
- How to Increase Your Google Website Traffic by 30.01% – Looking to improve your Google website traffic? One trick you can try is to re-optimize each blog post and get backlinks to them. The author shows how he did this and got an 30% increase in search engine traffic.
- Eric Ward Answers 10 Questions on BizDev Link Building – Helping stretch the mind of link builders into thinking more deeply about link building and its importance to business.
- The Number 1 Mistake New SEO Consultants Make – Hoping that people can learn from the mistakes myself and my colleagues often see new SEO consultants make when entering the industry, the author recently asked a group of successful search engine marketing folks what is the number one mistake they have seen new consultants make in SEO.
- Google Admits ‘Organic Results’ Are Filler To Pump Deceptive Ads at Consumers – Those who coddled Google & gave Google the benefit of the doubt now have egg on their face, and the industry as a whole is poorer for their poor judgement & lack of stewardship.
Social Media / Social Networking
- What is Pinterest & Why You Should Optimize For It – Learn about Pinterest, how it works, and why you should optimize your website for Pinterest users in mind.
- LinkedIn for Business â€“ Building Your Professional Brand & Traffic – What you should be doing on LinkedIn to build your professional brand and authority.
- Answers to 31 Social Media Questions You’re Too Shy to Ask – Learn the answers to 31 social media questions you were too embarrassed to ask on Google+, Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
- How to Create a Jaw Dropping Social Media Strategy in 5 Steps – Like most marketing plans, social media channels need to go through the following five goals in order to produce the kind of results that are truly profitable.
- How Ideas Spread with Social Media – Is your social media marketing based on social media myths or scientifically grounded methods? Find out in Dan Zarrella’s Hierarchy of Contagiousness.
Photo of the Week
This weekâ€™s top photo came from the snowy Grand Canyon this past weekend. It may have been only 0 degrees, but it was worth it to come back with such beautiful images!
A feel good song with beautiful nature imagery!