This post is part of a weekly series, Fetching Friday, featuring the best posts of the week in blogging, business, SEO, and social media on kikolani.com.
The Resources Mashup
This Week on Kikolani
- Enter to Win 1 of 3 Lifetime Memberships to ElegantThemes – Enter to win one of three lifetime memberships to ElegantThemes. Contest ends on Thursday, April 18th at 5pm MST.
Blogging / Content
- 9 Convincing Arguments to Win Your Content Marketing Budget – Find out how marketers who are keen on content strategies can win the backing — and budget — they need to proceed with their content marketing efforts.
- Formatting Cheat-Sheet for Exhausted Editors: From MLA to Chicago and Back – ere we present the Formatting Cheat-Sheet for Exhausted Editors. From MLA to APA to Chicago, it covers all of the popular formatting choices and their main differences.
- How to Find Popular Topics for Your Business to Blog About – In this post, weâ€™re going to dig a bit deeper into additional tools and strategies your business can use to discover what content performs best on social media in your industry.
- 12 Types of Blog Posts You Need to Stop Writing – You canâ€™t please everyone, but I believe the following twelve types of post have no place on a good blog.
- 45+ More Websites that Pay You to Contribute an Article, Instantly – This article shares 45+ more websites that pay you to contribute an article, instantly. Do you want to get paid to write? You need to read and share this post.
Business / Career
- 7 Key Design Tips for High-Converting Landing Pages [+ Free Templates] – 7 design-related best practices for creating landing pages that convert.
- Customer Acquisition Strategies for Entrepreneurs – Proven inbound marketing tactics and resources that will help your startup acquiring customers in a way that differentiates you from the crowd.
- 5 Services to Boost Email Productivity – Want to get back on track? Check out these five services to make your email experience easier, improve work flow and make your day more productive.
- How to Write Web Copy that Converts â€“ 8 Simple Techniques Based on 4 Years of Research – In this post Iâ€™ll give you 8 simple techniques that will help you get it right every time. These techniques are based on what Iâ€™ve learned from 4 years of research and 300 copy-related A/B tests.
- 27 Time-Saving Tools and Tricks to Be a More Productive Marketer – Check out some time hacks that will make inbound marketers more productive.
Search Engines / SEO
- How to Get Out of The Google Penalty Box – Here are the most common tactics that caused your site to get penalized and here is how you fix it.
- What PPC Account Managers Say They Do vs. What They Really Do – PPC account managers claim to be spending lots of time optimizing their accounts, but our data suggests that actual AdWords account activity levels are low. Here’s why it matters.
- 5 SEO Tools You Might Not Haveâ€¦ Yet – Great tools you may not know of yet to help you manage your search engine marketing.
- The Holy Grail Of Internet Marketing: Owning The Whole SERP – If youâ€™re a business owner, Iâ€™m certain you know what your business is all about. Now you need to translate that into Google results.
- Google+ Local Bible for SMBs – If you’re a small local business, having a Google+ Local profile is imperative to putting your brand â€“ quite literally â€“ on the map.
Social Media / Social Networking
- 10 Examples and 3 Tools: How to Win with New Rules for Facebook Timeline Covers – See how 10 brands are leveraging the new rules for Facebook Timeline cover photos, and get three tools to help you create a cover for your brand.
- The State of Pinterest: What Content Marketers Need to Know Now – Wondering what’s new for Pinterest in 2013? Here are some of the most important recent developments.
- Power Editor: An Alternative to Facebook Promoted Posts [Tutorial] – Facebook Promoted Posts are easy to create but lack control. Here’s how you can create similar ads in Power Editor while giving the control you need.
- 3 Social Media Metrics Your Business Should Track – Learn what you need to measure to know how well your social campaigns are performing.
- Facebook Employees Share Their Favorite Graph Searches – As the Facebook employees list shows, Graph Search can also be used to help find someone to translate a joke, find photos of your friends’ recent vacation or find other scientists who knit.
Share Your Best Blog Posts
Every week on Friday, I start a thread on the Social Media Examiner Blogging Club so members can share their favorite blog post of the week. It’s free to join, so sign up, find today’s best blog post thread, and share your proudest blogging achievement of the week!
World’s Cutest Frog
I usually prefer the brightly colored frogs, but this one was pretty interesting!