This post is part of a weekly series, Fetching Friday, featuring the best posts of the week in blogging, business, freelancing, SEO, and social media on kikolani.com.
The Resources Mashup
Blogging / Writing
- How to Set Up Blog Comments as Goals in Google Analytics Using WordPress Hacks – Learn more about the visitors who leave comments on your blog with two methods of setting up blog comments as a goal in Google Analytics.
- 10 Inspiring Social Networks for Writers – These 10 social networks can help you receive valuable feedback, gain exposure for your own work, brainstorm ideas and evolve as a writer.
- 7 Simple Ways to Get Your Readers to Spend More Time On Your Blog – While â€œgreat contentâ€ is always the best answer to most blogging questions, there are other techniques you can use to entice your readers to stay on your site longer.
- Kim Peekâ€™s Guide for Creating Endless Blog Content – If you start compiling a list of draft posts, notes & thoughts using the ideas given in this post, youâ€™ll have the comfort in knowing youâ€™ll never be without blog posts.
- How Bloggers and Content Marketers Can Generate Unlimited Video Ideas – How to come up with great video ideas to create a regular video publishing schedule.
Business / Career
- The Simple Blueprint to Getting Started Plus 7 Ways to Consistently Make Good Choices – There is a way for you to earn more money without working too hard or getting incredibly lucky. Learn what it is and how to do it.
- 10 Form Optimization Tips For Landing Pages – Tried and true form optimization tips to improve overall form conversions on websites.
- A Stalkerâ€™s Guide to Competitive Research – Competitive research is an extremely lengthy, time-consuming and constant process. This post walks through how to investigate your competitors’ various online marketing strategies.
- 97 Ideas for Building a Valuable Platform – How to deliver value and stay relevant & visible in the social media landscape.
- How to Speak: 5 Ways to Become a Better Speaker – Speaking at events is a great way to spread your important messages and cement your status as an expert. However, being a great speaker is an art, not a science. Here are five ways you can quickly become a better speaker.
- Make Time for YOU: Part One and Part Two – Many freelancers are stuck in a rut. We donâ€™t dare pass up work because we arenâ€™t confident it will keep coming in. But itâ€™s important not to forget that you do have a life outside of your office space.
- How to Deal with the Unique Challenges That Freelancers Face – Sure, everyone faces some challenges from time to time. But, due to the unique nature of freelancing perhaps freelancers are a bit more susceptible to some challenges than others.
- 10 Ways to Put Yourself in Pole Position for Repeat Business – There are a number of ways you can keep yourself â€œfront of mindâ€, putting you in pole position should any more work come up.
- 5 Pros and Cons of Freelance Job Marketplaces – While online job marketplaces are a current trend worthy of your attention, you should consider the pros and cons before investing your time and energy into one. Letâ€™s take a closer look.
- How to Get High-Paying Writing Jobs on oDesk – There are plenty of gems hiding between all the ridiculously picky clients and insultingly low wages. Finding them just requires a bit of time and patience.
Personal Development / Productivity
- The Habits That Crush Us – How is it that our best intentions are nearly always beaten? We want to be focused and productive, exercise and eat healthy foods, stop smoking and learn to get rid of debt and clutter, but we just canâ€™t.
- 33 Reasons To Fiercely Embrace Life – The author’s wish is that this post stirs a part of you to fiercely remember why you live a remarkable life and to hold on to those reasons when routine sets in and when clouds take over and to brighten your days with that reminder.
- How Changing your Attitude Changes Your Reality – We have already established that attitude plays a huge role, but what does that really mean in practical terms? More specifically, how does changing our attitude translate into success?
- Donâ€™t Do These 15 Things If You Want To Turn Your Dreams Into Reality – These are things we all do on occasionâ€”things that quietly sabotage our dreams, sap our energy, and make us less alive.
- How Quitting Early Will Ruin Your Life – To accomplish great things, you have to put in the work.
Search Engines / SEO
- Content Auditing for Link Builders â€“ Why You Should Do It, Tips, and a Spreadsheet – Find out why link builders should consider a content audit spreadsheet to organize link worthy content details in one place.
- 9 Search Query Combos for Scalable Link Building – Using the right search phrases to scale your link building process can be the difference between finding good prospects and finding great prospects.
- Google Penalty or Algorithm Change: Dealing With Lost Traffic – There is nothing worse for a webmaster/site owner than to wake up one day and find Google Armageddon has taken out all of their site’s rankings and traffic. This framework should help you keep your head should the unthinkable happen.
- Video Sitemap Guide for Vimeo and YouTube – Did you know that major search engines want you to make video sitemaps for all of your embeds, even if you’re hosting on Vimeo or Youtube? Find out how!
- How to Design Your Blog for Awesome SEO – A list of ten elements for good blog design that are also proven to help your search engine rankings.
Social Media / Social Networking
- 6 Tools to Learn More About Your Twitter Engagement – If youâ€™re ready to dig into some great analysis of your Twitter world, then check out these 6 awesome tools that will help you learn how to get even more out of Twitter.
- 11 Social Media Marketing Gurus Revealed Their Best Social Media Traffic Source The author asks social media gurus what their favorite social media channel is to drive traffic and why.
- 4 Simple Steps to a Facebook Timeline that Tells Your Marketing Story – If you’re using your personal Facebook profile to connect to customers, your Facebook Timeline needs to tell a great marketing story. Here’s how.
- 10 Best Social Media Conferences to Attend in 2012 – The best social media conferences and events to attend in 2012, including BlogWorld, BlogWell, iStrategy, Social Fresh, Online Marketing Summit, and Gravity Summit.
- 10 Types of Updates to Power Your Social Media Presence – Learn what businesses should be posting on their social media accounts for better engagement, lead generation, and branding.
Photo of the Week
This weekâ€™s top photo comes from a random discover at a local park. Of all things we expected to see that day, a turtle was not one of them.
Another beautiful timelapse, this time of Yosemite National Park.