This post is part of a weekly series, Fetching Friday, featuring the best posts of the week in blogging, business, freelancing, SEO, and social media on kikolani.com.
The Resources Mashup
Blogging / Content
- A 10-Point Plan for Connecting with Online Influencers – Hereâ€™s how you can make high-quality connections with bloggers and other content publishers in order to find a wider audience for your own content.
- 4 Tips to Better Manage Multi-Author Blogs – Tips to make sure your writers get the feedback they need and provide your blog with maximum exposure.
- The Top 10 Sources of Free Traffic â€“ DISSECTED – The 11th edition of the traffic and conversion series. Here I analyze ten different sources of traffic and show which ones are worth pursuing.
- Evergreen Content: Why Articles for Experts are Killing Your Blog – If you aim your articles at readers who are at your level you will slowly, article by article, begin to kill your blog. What we need to do is start pitching in a different direction. And that is where evergreen content comes in.
- The Massive Guide to Getting Massive Traffic – Learn how to get a huge jump in traffic every once in awhile.
Business / Career
- 15 Epic Marketing Fails [FUNNY] – So to follow up on our last â€œbad marketingâ€ post, Iâ€™m going to expose a few classic faux pas as a warning to be extra careful when you put an ad out to the world.
- How To Run Customer Service For A Small Shop And Why Live Chat Is A Bad Idea – Inevitably, you will have to deal with problems or questions about your products. And often times, answering questions will require your personal attention. Thereâ€™s no way around it.
- 19 Unexpected Sources of Inspiration – Whether you need to boost your creativity, learn something new, or just smile, here’s what weâ€™ve been sharing with each other lately to inspire us to push ourselves.
- The Dumb Pricing Mistake People Make and How to Fix It – Thereâ€™s a dumb mistake people make when they price their products and services, and it leaves a HUGE amount of money on the table. Are you making it?
- 18 Ways to Guarantee Nobody Misses Your Next Webinar – Learn some creative ways to ensure nobody misses your next lead generation webinar.
- How to Win the Freelance Writing Game – What does it really take to earn a good living as a freelance writer? Today, I take out the rule book and we learn how the writing game works.
- Guide to Working Collaboratively with Fellow Freelancers – These collaborative working relationships can take your freelancing business to new heights.
- 21 Questions: Is Self-Employment Right For You – 21 Questions to find out if self-employment is the right path for you.
- 10 Marks of a Self-Disciplined Freelancer – In this post, I share ten marks of a self-disciplined freelancer. You can use this list as a checklist to determine what your level of self-discipline is and what areas you need to work on.
- 11 Signs Of Problematic Clients Youâ€™ll Meet In Freelancing – As a freelancer, you will bump into one or more of the following clients as you stay longer in the freelancing feel. If you have a choice in it, avoid them like the plague. If you donâ€™t, there are other ways to get around the problem and prevent further damage.
Search Engines / SEO
- The Hidden Cost Of Cheap SEO & Social Media Labor – In life and online, you get what you pay for. Iâ€™ve said it before and Iâ€™ll say it again: solid, successful SEO and social strategies take time. Time is money. Try to save a few dollars now by hiring a cheap, inexperienced, or shoddy â€œprofessionalâ€ and youâ€™ll guaranteedly pay for it later.
- How to Improve Your Website with Google Webmaster Tools – Learn how Google’s free Webmaster Tools can help you improve your website for search engines and visitors.
- Reclaiming Links to Your Infographics & Creative Commons Images – Have you created images for others in hopes that they would build links to your website? Make sure you are actually getting those links!
- Think SEO is a Game? It Kinda is â€“ Hereâ€™s the Proof – Are you an uber SEO, or card game nerd? Then you’ll love this crossover. Great breakdown of the players in SEO and their “powers”.
- 4 Signs Youâ€™re Chasing The Wrong Goals In SEO – Are you losing track of whatâ€™s truly important in an SEO campaign? Getting lost in the woods, and not seeing the forest for the trees.
Social Media / Social Networking
- 20 Innovative Ways to Use Visual Content to Rock Your Facebook Page – Want to get fans’ attention? Get creative with your photos. Here are 20+ effective visual content to rock your brand and improve your Facebook Page Edgerank score.
- 25 Quick Social Media Tricks And Ideas For Bloggers – A lot of people are now admitting â€“ however begrudgingly â€“ the effectiveness of using Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn for online marketing and SEO purposes.
- Retailerâ€™s Guide to Facebook Promoted Posts & Sponsored Stories – Facebook advertising has gone beyond simply running an ad in Facebookâ€™s sidebar for any link you choose. If you want to make sure your brand, latest products, and current promotions receive the most exposure possible on Facebook, you might want to try out the new advertising options now available for Facebook pages.
- Marketing With Twitter Effectively – Free Guide – Hopefully you see that I can help you get better results from Twitter no matter what your goals are or what niche youâ€™re in.
- Social Media ROI: How To Define a Strategic Plan – Here’s a guide to mapping a social media strategy with meaningful KPI’s that align to business objectives for tangible measurement!
In Case You Missed It…
My husband and I are throwing an online baby shower! You can join the event on Facebook – for the next several weeks, I’ll be asking some baby-related trivia. On October 13th, we’ll conclude with a live Google+ Hangout / party.
Also, anyone who sends a baby gift from Amazon or Babies R’US will get a free eBook – your choice between the expanded version of Blog Post Promotion Guide set to be released this month or my new eBook on social media due out next month – plus a mention on my blog! And a mention on the Google+ Hangout too!
Photo of the Week
This weekâ€™s top photo comes from Yosemite National Park near Glacier Point. In the post, you will also find a post processing video tutorial on noise reduction.