This post is part of a weekly series, Fetching Friday, featuring the best posts of the week in blogging, business, freelancing, SEO, and social media on kikolani.com.
The Resources Mashup
Before we get started, I just wanted to mention that I will be on vacation next week, so there won’t be a new Fetching Friday post again until the 24th.
Blogging / Content
- 20 Cringe-Worthy Business Blogging Mistakes – From my experience, this list details all of the blog booby traps that businesses face. If you run a business blog, read this list to avoid things like.
- 7 WordPress Plugins to Grow Your Email Subscribers – Here are seven great WordPress plugins to grow your email subscribers and let you focus on delivering great content.
- 20+ Tools To Create Your Own Infographics – While not everyone can make infographics from scratch, there are tools available on the Web that will help you create your very own infographics. In this article, weâ€™re listing more than 20 such options to help you get your messages across to your readers, visually.
- 6 Questions To Ask Before You Install A WordPress Plugin – Letâ€™s discuss the problem with plugins and things you should consider before installing one.
- How To Go Viral On YouTube: The Untold Truth Behind Getting Views – With over 4 billion views on YouTube each day, the opportunity for exposure is tremendous. But donâ€™t be fooled. Just because your video is on Youtube and YOU think itâ€™s great doesnâ€™t mean itâ€™ll capture the kind of attention you are hoping for.
Business / Career
- How to Find Your Target Audience – Find out who your target audience is for content marketing through your sales team, support department, and analytics.
- The Cheapest Way To Process Credit Cards Online â€“ Paypal Advanced Vs Authorize.net – This post explains in plain language what sets Paypal Advanced apart from the other credit card processors and hopefully help you determine whether Paypal Advanced is a good fit for your online business.
- 7 Lessons My $1.8 Billion Competitor, Omniture, Taught Me Over The Last 7 Years – Here are the 7 most important lessons Iâ€™ve learned from watching my competitor, Omniture, dominate the analytics space.
- The A-to-Z Guide to Creating Marketable Web Pages – When you create web pages, you target online visitors, search engines and the business. This guide to creating marketable web pages can help.
- 19 Reasons You Should Include Visual Content in Your Marketing – Take a look at 19 statistics that make the case for including visual content in your marketing strategy.
- 6 Crucial Lessons About Editors I Learned from Starting My Own Magazine – Among the many things Iâ€™ve learned from starting my own magazine are a few that have informed my interaction with editors at other magazines.
- When Should You Specialize Your Freelancing Business – In this post, weâ€™ll take another look at being a specialist versus being a generalist. Weâ€™ll also identify some situations where it makes more sense to specialize and some where it does not.
- Twenty Free Apps to Help Manage Your Business – Whether web-based or running on your mobile platform of choice, thereâ€™s never been a wider or better selection of free apps to make some of the necessities of business that little bit easier.
- 12 Steps to Building Your Stand-Out Freelance Brand – Your goal is to present a consistent, unified message in all your marketing. Repeating one brand message will also help make you easier to remember. Letâ€™s look at key branding tips to consider when creating your freelance brand.
- Query Letter Writing – The process of writing a query is pretty straight forward. Yet freelancers often get hung up, apparently thinking thereâ€™s some magic formula or a perfect way to write a query letter.
Search Engines / SEO
- Improving Value and Volume in Link Building – Donâ€™t get me wrong, link building is still a numberâ€™s game, but a lot are counting and looking on the wrong spot.
- 10 Old SEO Methods You Need to Stop – Here are 10 old SEO methods that I’ve seen come across my desk in the past two weeks and how you can do better.
- Is Your Linkbuilding Working? How to Easily Check Using Webmaster Tools and a Pivot Chart – This guide will help you determine if the rate with which your site is acquiring links is any different than the rate your site acquires links naturally.
- Debunking the Myth of the Long-Term Value of SEO – Today, the SEO bubble is in full meltdown, yet SEOâ€™s are still peddling the â€œSEO is foreverâ€ dream, and advertisers are still eating it up. In my article today, Iâ€™d like to put to rest the false notion that SEO provides continuous value forever.
- 31 Must-Read SEO Experiments and Test Findings – Most professional SEO companies & experts routinely conduct formal & informal SEO experiments, here are 31 for you to review.
Social Media / Social Networking
- An In-Depth Look at the Science of Twitter Timing – Today, weâ€™re going to take a deeper look into the ins and outs of Twitter timing. This includes how to determine where your targeted audience is located, when they’re online, and tools to see when your followers interact with you the most.
- 10 Things You Need to Know About Facebook Ads – This blog post will outline 10 things you need to know about Facebook ads and will help you create a killer Facebook ad campaign.
- The Beginners Guide to Running a Social Media Contest – So youâ€™re ready to launch your first social media contest on Twitter, Facebook or Pinterest. This is a great way to engage more with your customers and enhance your online profile. Thereâ€™s nothing worse than having your competition sink into obscurity.
- Answers To Your Top 9 Questions About Using LinkedIn Ads – Learn the answers to the most frequently asked questions about LinkedIn ads.
- The Ultimate Guide To Social Media Scheduling – I always suggest scheduling updates. It is a small thing you can do that saves a lot of time and energy. All by allowing you to create a full list of status updates at once, to be released at certain times. This is especially helpful if your primary target base is in a different time zone, or if you want to hit a certain hour, even when youâ€™re not available. Here’s how to do it.
Photo of the Week
This weekâ€™s top photo comes from Zion National Park along the Virgin River.
Happy Little Clouds
If you like painting or classic PBS, then you’ll enjoy this remix of Bob Ross and Happy Little Clouds.