Thanks for your interest in guest posting opportunities at Kikolani. Please note that unsolicited guest post are no longer accepted at Kikolani. Please refer to my fresh start post for more information.
The following guidelines are being left intact as an example for other sites to follow.
What am I looking for?
Since the main focus of this site is blogging, and the main audience is bloggers, only topics pertaining to blogging are accepted. Some topical ideas include:
- Blogging Tips
- Blog Marketing
- Social Media / Networking for Blog Promotion
- SEO Tips for Bloggers
- Personal Development Tips for Bloggers
- New Technology for Blogging
- Making Money Online Through Blogging
Needless to say, if the post isn’t geared towards bloggers, it’s going to be a hard sell!
Guest Post Guidelines
Please read the following guidelines carefully. If your submission does not meet these guidelines, it will not be accepted.
- Please send guest posts to email@example.com in Word, Open Office, Rich Text Format, Google Docs, or within the body of the email.
- Include a link to your blog and your top three favorite post on your own blog or contributed to other blogs. Submissions from bloggers preferred.
- All posts must be well-written in English.
- Basic formatting should include some strong headers and paragraphs broken up in easy-to-digest chunks.
- Please attach a few pictures for your post and include image credits when necessary. Use Creative Commons licensed images or images you have purchased a license for – do not just grab images off of Google Image search.
- Posts should be 750 words or longer with exceptions to posts that have lots of images or video supplements.
- Please do not include affiliate links or excessive links to your own website, but be sure to link to any resources, tools, etc. that you mention specifically. If you want to write solely about your own products or services to advertise them, you will need to take advantage of a sponsored post opportunity instead.
- Be sure to include an author bio that is 140 characters or less.
- Include an email address linked to your Gravatar image that you also check regularly for comment notifications, your Google+ profile URL, and your Twitter handle.
Also note that I reserve the right to edit posts for grammatical consistency and easier legibility. I will also add additional information if I deem it necessary – I will mark these additions as Editor’s Notes so that readers will know which parts were additions by me to your work.
What are the benefits?
For the guest poster, the benefits include reaching a new audience and, if you have a site of your own, the potential to gain new readers from this exposure. For the readers, the benefits include gaining insight & perspective from a new voice and the opportunity to discover another informative, beneficial site to read as well.
The article that you write for Kikolani must be original. This means that you wrote it, it is not a spun article, and it is not published on any other website, including your own.
Does Kikolani write guest posts for others?
I’m currently only accepting freelance (paid) writing opportunities. Please contact me if you need someone to write for your blog or business. Lead times may vary, depending on the work load I have with my site and various projects. While I strive to do everything in a timely manner, I don’t want to sacrifice quality for a deadline.