Since the Apple iPad has come out, I have been dying to get one. One of my main reasons to have one is for when I am at seminars, such as the upcoming Social Media AZ, or when I’m at conventions like the upcoming Blog World Expo in November.
In the last few months, I have been following a great blog by a fellow Third Triber that has, thusfar, specialized in iPad news as well as entered several contests to win a free iPad (because I am currently saving up for a big trip next year, so I don’t want to buy it outright), but no luck in winning one so far.
Image Credit: Chester and the iPad
I received some good resources on reasons for getting an iPad as well as against getting one sent to me by James from an iPad video converter software company. Each has some interesting insight into good uses or, for the negative ones, other alternatives.
10 Positive iPad Reviews
- Apple iPad Just Tried To Assassinate the Computer
- My Early Impressions of Apple’s iPad & a Quick Hands-on Review
- Apple iPad Review: Laptop Killer? Pretty Close
- The iPhone and iPad: Positive, Educational Tools
- Apple iPad review
- Apple’s iPad receives glowingly positive reviews
- First reviews praise iPad as user friendly, as Apple prepares for eReader war with Amazon
- iPad Mega Meta Review: Works Great, No Surprises
- A Positive iPad review – Bezel and all
- The iPad Launch: Can Steve Jobs Do It Again?
10 Negative iPad Reviews
- 8 Things That Suck About the iPad
- Apple iPad Reviews: The Critics Weigh In
- Why I won’t buy an iPad (and think you shouldn’t, either)
- How to Hate the iPad: A Break Down of the Backlash
- Why the iPad isn’t for me
- Apple iPad Review (PHOTOS): 9 Worst Things About The Apple Tablet
- iPad: The Greatest Disappointment in Human History
- NEGATIVE REACTIONS TO THE IPAD
- iPad is just new hardware but OLD technology
- iPad: My Negative Thoughts
iPad for Blogging and Social Media
Of course, after reading back and forth good and bad reviews, my main questions before I make an investment in the iPad are:
- What will I be doing when I am not away from home?
- Does it make a good replacement for a laptop?
- Is it suitable for blogging?
- How easy is it to use the on screen keyboard or do you need the dock?
- What kind of other tools/apps are available for SEO, social media, etc.?
If you own an iPad, do you use it as your main laptop / computer or as a supplement for traveling only? What do you like or dislike about it? If you are considering buying one or have decided against it, what were your reasons?